MAKE ME A GOD!... Please

GoldenAge

I need help!

I'm running a large three-part tournament game at a private convention (ZARCON) in August. The scenario I've concocted (a “DC Crisis†story wherein multiple continuities are collapsing into one) allows all of the players to utilize their favorite PC from any era of Champions play. I’m doing so per the request of the tournament hosts, who asked for a game in which their legendary Champions characters could all be united.

Now.... The story goes thus (very abbreviated):

One of the legendary Player Characters was an archeologist who found a mask. He unwittingly put it on and became the mischievous Quirk. Quirk has the ability to alter probabilities... I know what you're thinking... "This sounds allot like the movie The Mask"... I thought the same thing too, but then found out that this character was created as far back as 1987 (The movie Mask came out in 1994). The player (who never knew about the underground comic book character The Mask) was furious when Mask came out. Ah well, it's happened to the best of us.

Anyhoo... And this is really too coincidental.... The theme of this year's ZARCON is LOKI, God of mischief... Now I ask you, how could I pass up linking the mask to Loki??? Well, I couldn't. So, I did.

The set-up: Continuous use of Quirks probability powers (Via the mask) has weakened the barriers that separate time and space making it possible for those barriers to crumble thus creating 1 united universe (despite the probabilities against it being astronomical.) – It’s a tournament 1-shot so I don’t need to go too far into the how’s and why’s…

The gods of old, who have been supplanted by science or the belief of the One God, seize the chance to once again become the objects of worship and the rulers of their universe… The first to realize the potential of the situation is the ever-watchful Loki.

Loki sets into motion a war between the gods that will end with himself as sole-survivor. The battle between the father gods (Zeus, Odin, Anu, Shang-ti, Ptah, etc) is waged on a level incomprehensible to mere mortals. Their acts of power continuously blanket the sky and shake the earth. In the interim the champions of each pantheon (Thor, Hercules, Marduk, Chao Kung Ming, Anhur, and their respective pantheons) wage war on the prime material plane. They plow through the city streets of New York, crash into the monuments of Washington DC and destroy everything that is unfortunate enough to get in their way.

Meanwhile, Loki, ever the schemer, has discovered that in his absence Man has bread his own gods… superheroes. Loki then bends his will towards tricking the superheroes into dispatching those pantheons that have survived the initial Armageddon.

The surviving pantheons will be the Greek and Egyptian gods. Why? ‘Cuz I says so! Heh ;-)

So, when the heroes join the fray the surviving gods will already be exhausted due to their climactic battles. Beneath the feet of the remaining Greek gods will lay such European gods as the Celts and Norse (a deception, to be sure). The Egyptians will have spent themselves dispatching Mediterranean and Eastern mythos such as the Chinese, Mycenaean and Babylonian gods.

Enter the heroes… They are meant to WIN against the battered and bruised gods they face. (Don’t worry, they needn’t beat down gods… My story’s more sophisticated than that.)

Then, when all other pantheons are dispatched, Loki unveils the few Norse brethren he’s cloaked with feigned death and faces the heroes for the supremacy of the new universe…

(Actually, the game is much more complicated than this… but the main story holds true)

Here’s where I need your help… PLEASE!!!

I need help building Greek, Norse (especially Loki) and Egyptian gods:

Greek:

Aphrodite is Goddess of Love, Beauty, and Passion. She is vain and jealous, and frequently takes vengeance on those who claim to be more beautiful than she.

Apollo, God of the Sun

Ares, God of War, opposed to Athena, who represents a very different aspect of war. Ares' province is battle lust and the love of killing.

Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt.

Dionysus is God of Wine. He represents the fact that wine induces both happiness and madness, and so is associated with joy, pleasure, and camaraderie, but also with savage bloodthirsty senseless violence.

Hades, the God of the Underworld and Death. He has complete power over the element of earth and most things made from it.

Hecate, The Goddess of Magic is worshipped by magic users of all kinds.

Heracles is a demigod in the truest sense. This son of Zeus and a mortal woman is not generally worshipped--he doesn't trust magic, and avoids clerics.

Hermes is God of Thieves, Liars, Gamblers, and Arbitrators. He is known for his speed, and his clerics must all be able to run long distances. They are also noted arbitrators. Although he is the messenger of the gods, he is a greater god himself.

Nike is Goddess of Victory.

Egyptian:

Ra, the Sun God who keeps peace between the gods

Anhur is the chaotic good God of War worshipped by warriors.

Anubis, Guardian of the Dead.

Bes is the God of Luck. If he is really pleased with the degree of risk undertaken by one of his worshippers, he may grant a luck stone as a gift.

Geb, also known as Seb or Qeb, is God of the Earth

Horus the Avenger, son of Osiris.

Isis is Goddess of Magic and Fertility worshipped by those involved with magic. (In Egyptian mythology, Isis is also Mourner for the Dead. According to the myth, her husband Osiris was killed, conferring upon her this distinction.)

Osiris is God of Nature and the Dead. Second only to Ra, he rules the pantheon in the absence of its usual head.

Seker, God of Light. He is worshipped by any who worship light.

Set is God of Evil and the Night who opposes Osiris and Horus at every turn. His wife Nepthys left him when he turned to evil.

Shu, God of the Sky

Tefnut is the Goddess of Storms and Flowing Water. She is Shu's sister.

Thoth is a greater god, God of Knowledge and has complete knowledge of all things magical.

Norse:

Aegir is God of Storms and the Sea

Balder is the God of Beauty, known to some as "Charisma".

Forseti, the Peacemaker, is God of Justice, the son of Balder. He never lies.

Frey is God of Sunshine and the Elves. This greater god also controls all storms and calms as a weather god.

Heimdall is the Bright God is Guardian of the Bifrost Bridge and is the sworn enemy of Loki.

Hel, the Goddess of Death. She causes diseases of all sorts.

Loki is the God of Mischief, Strife, and Fire. The other gods tolerate him because he is Odin's brother and has saved the gods in the distant past, but is considered most likely to betray the gods. Yah, you can bet your socks on that one! ;-)

Magni, God of Strength, son of Thor.

Modi, God of Courage and Berserk Rage. Also a son of Thor.

Sif is Goddess of Excellence and Skill in Battle and wife of Thor.

Thor is God of Thunder.

Tyr, God of War and Law.

Uller is the God of Hunting, Archery, and winter.

Vidaris the God of Strength and Silence and son of Odin. He is known for his silence and his opposition to evil.

PLEASE… there are sooo many of you out there who are GREAT at character creation… Please help me make one or two (or more).

REAL POINT TOTAL: 350-750... You make the call!

Re: MAKE ME A GOD!... Please

PLEASE… there are sooo many of you out there who are GREAT at character creation… Please help me make one or two (or more).

REAL POINT TOTAL: 350-750... You make the call!

I know you said this is a large tournament, but...do you really need full write-ups for nearly 40 gods? :nonp:

One thing that could help you out immensely is picking up used copies of the 4th Edition supplements Alien Enemies and The Olympians, both of which contain a lot of full write-ups for gods. Just take those basic write-ups, add a few more points in attributes or a few more dice to their various powers, and you've got a huge chuck of your dieties already done.

You should be able to find them cheap enough, perhaps on eBay.

Also...

...by when in August do you need these? Early August? Late August? Give us a deadline, man!

...are there any "basic god powers, abilities, or packages" that you want every god (or every god of a given pantheon) to have? In other words, is there a "basic divinity package"?

Anubis, Guardian of the Dead.

Do you have a copy of Conquerers, Killers, and Crooks?

A guy called Anubis is written up, though in truth his power comes from another patron. That might help you as a baseline for some of the Egyptian deities.

I know you said this is a large tournament' date=' but...do you [i']really[/i] need full write-ups for nearly 40 gods? :nonp:

One thing that could help you out immensely is picking up used copies of the 4th Edition supplements Alien Enemies and The Olympians, both of which contain a lot of full write-ups for gods. Just take those basic write-ups, add a few more points in attributes or a few more dice to their various powers, and you've got a huge chuck of your dieties already done.

You should be able to find them cheap enough, perhaps on eBay.

I will indeed need as many gods as I can create. This tournament will have at least 12 players split into two groups of 6 for three rounds of play lasting up to 6 hours each... Lots of stuff can happen.

Do I absolutely need them all? Probably not. but I threw out as many as I thought I might need in hopes that someone out there would be inspired to create a few.

I do own Alien Enemies, but not The Olympians. I found the write-ups in Alien enemies wanting.

I'll go e-shopping for The Olympians though, thanks!

Also...

...by when in August do you need these? Early August? Late August? Give us a deadline, man!

...are there any "basic god powers, abilities, or packages" that you want every god (or every god of a given pantheon) to have? In other words, is there a "basic divinity package"?

The con is scheduled from August 17 - 22. Any submissions before then would be greatly appreciated!!!

I will leave the interpretation of the gods to those willing to make them. There is no "Divinity Package", just have fun and create good "godly" characters. Utilizing VVPs is kind of a crutch unless you create the powers that will be commonly utilized by the gods.

I'm not sure what you're talking about... Could you please elaborate?

Aaron had, IIRC, some divine package deals in his MYTHIC GREECE book, powers common to all deities in the pantheon. It's been years since I've seen them, but I remember thinking they were well-done. Even if you don't want that degree of standardization, they're worth a looksee.

Olympians, on the other hand, wasn't one of my favorite 4th edition books and I don't remember anything I found particularly useful or inspiring in it.

Gods, Stat!

Aaron had, IIRC, some divine package deals in his MYTHIC GREECE book, powers common to all deities in the pantheon. It's been years since I've seen them, but I remember thinking they were well-done. Even if you don't want that degree of standardization, they're worth a looksee.

Olympians, on the other hand, wasn't one of my favorite 4th edition books and I don't remember anything I found particularly useful or inspiring in it.

Well, I admit that the writeups for the various gods in The Olympians weren't always well thought through, and their power level compared to standard superheroes was not as high as their background descriptions implied they should be. OTOH I found that the book did provide some good ideas on the types of powers that the individual gods should have and how to construct them. Their personalities, and how they would react to the modern world, were also well delineated IMHO. And the book did cover the Olympian Twelve plus several other gods, and a few of the mythic heroes.

I should point out that The Olympians is available from Hero Games's Online Store for a reasonable $8.95. You can find it here.

I do very much agree with you, though, on Aaron Allston's Mythic Greece supplement. It not only delineated the general powers of the Greek gods as they appeared in myth, but described the special abilities of individual gods. Those stats were written for First Edition Fantasy HERO, though, which is a very different animal system-wise from 5E HERO System. The good news is that Aaron posted 4E HERO updates to Mythic Greece on his personal website, freely available, which included the basic stats and powers for the Greek gods. Although these are geared toward a FH campaign they would give you a good idea of what the gods should be able to do, and the differences between 4E and 5E are pretty small.

Although Aaron no longer has those updates on his website, I have them in a text file which I'm attaching to this post.

Mythic Greece itself can be hard to find, but if you'd be interested you can pick it up from a very good online retailer, Noble Knight Games, here .

Speaking of Noble Knight Games, they also have copies of another book that I highly recommend, Mythic Egypt. It's a campaign sourcebook for gaming in the ancient Egypt of myth, dual-statted for Rolemaster and 4E HERO, and it gives stats for all the major gods of the Egyptian pantheon, as a group and individually. IMO these god writeups would take very little revision to adapt them for superhero gaming. The book is rather pricey, but if you need Egyptian god stats fast you should consider it. You could also use them as the basis for Norse gods - the "basic god" template is pretty flexible.

Now, let me think of every other place I've seen gods written up in HERO System. I wouldn't necessarily recommend spending money on any of these just for the few writeups that might be useful to you, but if you have access to them they could benefit you. Some of these have already been mentioned. I'll start with stuff for Fifth Edition:

Digital Hero #31 features a very good writeup for a superhero-level Herakles;

Conquerors, Killers and Crooks includes a villain, Anubis, who's essentially an avatar of an Egyptian god. There are good ideas for Egyptian-flavored divine powers there. CKC also has writeups for two Chinese gods, Lei Kung and Guan Di;

Arcane Adversaries presents the Aztec god Tezcatlipoca, a very good example of a high-powered god;

Champions Worlwide gives us an avatar of the Egyptian goddess Ma'at.

From Fourth Edition Champs books, Champions Presents gives you a pretty interesting and well-designed Thor writeup, while the first edition of Champions Universe stats up the awesome frost giant Ymir. Pyramid in the Sky (which is also in the Online Store) presents a version of Ra who is an immortal mutant rather than a true mythic god, but has a good set of "solar" powers. One of the adventures in Champions Presents #1 outlines a few of the innua (spirits and gods) of the Inuit. (I'd suggest checking Noble Knight if you'd like to purchase the others.)

I hope this was of some help.

Re: Gods, Stat!

Conquerors, Killers, and Crooks has the write ups for Anubis [Egyptian], Lei Kung, and Guan Di [Chinese]. Arcane Adversaries has the write up for Tezcatlipoca [Aztec].

What I'd suggest is that you just take currently published characters and tweek them into gods [examples of how you do this is suggested in CKC]. I'd also just spend a great deal of time just winging it. Example:

Heracles:

STUN: 80

END: 60

PD: 35 (35r)

ED: 35 (35r)

REC: 22

Stun #: 66

DEX: 21

SPS: 5

Levels: +3 HtH

Super Strength: 80 STR

Sturdy: -10" KB

Mystic Immune: 15 points Power Def

Strong Willed: 10 points Mental Def

Bow: 4d6 RKA, OAF.

Hel:

STUN: 60

END: 50

PD: 25 (15r)

ED: 25 (15r)

REC: 15

Stun #: 51

DEX: 23

SPS: 5

Levels: +1 Disease

Cause Disease: 1d6 NND + 3d6 Con drain + 3d6 Dex drain, continuous.

Immune: LS: Not breath, eat, sleep. imm to disease.

Ground Speed: 25" T-port, only through ground

Strong Willed: 10 points Mental Def

Vul: 2x Stun from healing-based powers.

You don't need full sheets. You only need combat sheets, IMO.

I'd also just spend a great deal of time just winging it.

Winging it was what I had in mind... However, the players at ZARCON are some of the very best I've ever met. I just want to have all of my Ps and Qs in order... just in case.

Truth is, even though the gods will be depleted due to their recent warfare the supers really have no chance of defeating them on a physical level. I've created several "anchors" (like the Orb of Ra) that allow the gods to manifest on the Prime Material Plane. Destroying such an item will effectively banish the pantheon it is assisting. Unless they figure this out (and at this level of gaming I'm sure they will) they are in for a real bad day!

I just remembered another god writeup that's very accessible: our own Chad "Enforcer84" Riley created a lot of neat super characters on his awesome Hero A Day board thread, which our colleague zornwill has hosted on his website. Enforcer's NPC hero team for Japan, Nippon Ichiban, includes an intriguing interpretation of the stormgod Raiden, which could be a good template for similar characters from other pantheons. Note that he also comes in Hero Designer format.

Okay, I've done a little more rooting around. I found these writeups for Thor and Tyr from another of our boardmates, Powerhouse. I apologise to him if he has any objection to my reposting them here. Because of the HTML code being shut of on these forums, I had to play with them a bit to make them legible, so they're not quite as pretty as when they were originally posted.

I'm also including Powerhouse's comments about them:

---------------------------------------------------

Because absolutely NO ONE asked... I thought I'd post two characters I created for my Silver Knights universe. One is Thor on about 500 points and the other is Tyr at about 635. They are in transistion as I figure out what I want them to represent. Still, I thought people would get a kick out of it.

Thor

Player:

Val Char Cost

65 STR 55

20 DEX 30

30 CON 40

20 BODY 20

13 INT 3

20 EGO 20

30 PRE 20

14 COM 2

23 PD 10

20 ED 14

5 SPD 20

19 REC 0

60 END 0

68 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

13" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 234

Cost Power END

60 Hammer: Multipower, 75-point reserve, (75 Active Points); all slots Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

2u 1) Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (37 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

5u 2) Energy Blast 15d6 (75 Active Points); Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Physical Manifestation (-1/4) 7

3u 3) Force Wall (12 PD/12 ED/6 Power Defense) (75 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Physical Manifestation (-1/4) 7

48 God of Storms: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4)

4u 1) Call Storms I: Change Environment 8" radius, -2 to Normal Hearing PER Rolls, Varying Effect Limited Group (Any type of storm; +1/2), MegaScale (1" = 100 km; +3/4), Can Be Scaled Down: 1" = 1km (+1/4) (55 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) 5

5u 2) Call Storms II: Change Environment 64" radius, -2 to Sight Group PER Rolls, Varying Effect Limited Group (any type of storm; +1/2) (57 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) 6

5u 3) Frigid Winds: Change Environment 16" radius, +3 Points of Telekinetic STR, -5 Temperature Level Adjustment, Multiple Combat Effects (57 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) 6

5u 4) Call Lightning: Energy Blast 12d6 (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4) 6

30 Flight 15" 3

10 Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED)

16 Godly Constitution: Life Support (Extended Breathing; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal)

13 Godly Constitution: Healing 2 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (50 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Hour (-2 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

5 Indomitable: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Limited Power Only for Defense (-1)

Powers Cost: 211

Cost Skill

2 Animal Handler 15-

5 KS: Norse Mythology 14-

3 SS: Meterology 12-

3 Oratory 15-

3 PS: Bardic Singing (PRE based) 15-

3 PS: Storm God (PRE based) 15-

2 WF: Common Melee Weapons

3 Teamwork 13-

16 +2 with All Combat

10 +2 with HTH Combat

Skills Cost: 50

Cost Perk

6 Reputation: Powerful hero who has returned from the unknown (World-wide) 14-, +2/+2d6

Perks Cost: 6

Cost Talent

4 Environmental Movement (no penalties in stormy weather)

Talents Cost: 4

Total Character Cost: 505

Val Disadvantages

10 Susceptibility: from weapons of faith, 2d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)

20 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Code of Honor (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Noblesse Oblige (Common, Strong)

0 Psychological Limitation: Stoic and Somber (Common, Moderate, Custom Adder)

20 Hunted: FIST 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)

30 30 pts of Hunted

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity Frequently (11-), Major

10 Distinctive Features: 6'6" tall huge man with vivid red hair and beard (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Other Disadvantages

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 155

Total Experience Available: 200

Experience Unspent: 45

Tyr

Player:

Val Char Cost

65 STR 55

20 DEX 30

35 CON 50

20 BODY 20

13 INT 3

23 EGO 26

30 PRE 20

14 COM 2

23 PD 10

20 ED 13

5 SPD 20

20 REC 0

70 END 0

74 STUN 3

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

13" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 252

Cost Power

63 Spear: Multipower, 79-point reserve, (79 Active Points); all slots Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

6u 1) Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6 (5 1/2d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (79 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

5u 2) Thrown Spear: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (79 Active Points); Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

33 Great Shield: Multipower, 50-point reserve, (50 Active Points); Limited Power Can use only one power at a time (-1/4); all slots Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

2u 1) Force Wall (10 PD/10 ED) (50 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

2u 2) Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), + 4 levels (28 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4)

2u 3) (Total: 20 Active Cost, 16 Real Cost) +2 with DCV (10 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus +2 OCV with block (10 Active Points); Physical Manifestation (-1/4) (Real Cost: 8)

8 War God's Blessing: +1 with All Combat, Usable Simultaneously (up to 8 people at once; +1) (16 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Limited Power Does not apply to self (-1/2)

30 Flight 15"

10 Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED)

19 Godly Constitution: Life Support (Extended Breathing; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in Intense Cold)

5 Godly Constitution: Power Defense (5 points)

22 Godly Constitution: Healing 2 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Limited Power Cannot heal back Tyr's right hand (+0), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (90 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Hour (-2 1/4), Self Only (-1/2), Limited Power Resurrection heals at only 2d6 Body per month (-1/4)

5 Indominitable Will: Mental Defense (10 points total)

10 Fearless: +20 PRE (20 Active Points); Limited Power Only for Defense (-1)

10 Master of Truth: Detect Lies 17- (Unusual Group), Sense

Powers Cost: 232

Cost Skill

10 Defense Maneuver I-IV

3 Scholar

5 1) KS: Law (6 Active Points) 15-

4 2) KS: Legal Systems (5 Active Points) 14-

4 3) KS: Nordic Mythology (5 Active Points) 14-

3 Oratory 15-

3 Jack of All Trades

2 1) PS: Bardic Singing (PRE based) (3 Active Points) 15-

5 2) PS: Lawyer (INT based) (6 Active Points) 15-

2 3) PS: Warleader (PRE based) (3 Active Points) 15-

2 WF: Common Melee Weapons

3 Tactics 12-

3 Teamwork 13-

3 Tracking 12-

40 +5 with All Combat

Skills Cost: 92

Cost Perk

6 Reputation: Powerful hero that upholds justice (World-wide) 14-, +2/+2d6

3 Well-Connected

9 15 pts of contacts

1 Fringe Benefit: License to practice law

Perks Cost: 19

Cost Talent

19 Combat Sense (Sense) 14-

3 Lightsleep

18 Universal Translator 15- (23 Active Points); Limited Power Earthly Languages Only (-1/4)

Talents Cost: 40

Total Character Cost: 635

Pts. Disadvantage

10 Physical Limitation: Missing right hand (Frequently, Slightly Impairing)

5 Physical Limitation: Cannot Lie (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code of Honor (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Must see Justice done (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common, Moderate)

0 Psychological Limitation: Stoic and Somber (Common, Moderate, Psych Limit point total reached)

50 50 pts of Hunted

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity Frequently (11-), Major

10 Distinctive Features: Huge man (6'6") with silver hair and beard (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Other Disadvantages

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 285

Total Experience Available: 285

Experience Unspent: 0

The personalities above are similar because I was going to use Tyr on the team but I really liked Thor more. The power levels fluctuate a bit depending on where in the storyline they would be. The Thor posted is the power level for Thor on a team of 350 pointers to try to simulate him being the team's heavy hitter though he's not the most efficient combat monster out there.

GoldenAge, you might also consider sending a Private Message to RDU Neil. He mentioned here in the past that he had statted a few of the Egyptian gods for his campaign. Perhaps he'd be willing and able to share. :)

Now, this fellow isn't strictly a traditional Egyptian god, but "Horus-Re" is a virtual pagan sun god, and definitely fits within a superhero universe:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=239265

Loki

Loki

Val Char Points Total Roll Notes

30 STR 20 30 15- HTH Damage 6d6 END [3]

23 DEX 39 23 14- OCV 8 DCV 8

28 CON 36 28 15-

20 BODY 20 20 13-

30 INT 20 30 15- PER Roll 15-

25 EGO 30 25 14- ECV: 8

30 PRE 20 30 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

24 COM 7 24 14-

20 PD 14 20/26 20/26 PD (10/16 rPD)

20 ED 14 20/26 20/26 ED (10/16 rED)

5 SPD 17 5 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

12 REC 0 12

56 END 0 56

50 STUN 1 50

6" Running 0 6"

2" Swimming 0 2"

6" Leaping 0 6" Total Characteristics Cost: 238

Cost Powers END

33 Lord of Deception: Elemental Control, 66-point powers

47 1) The Inward Lie: Mental Illusions 12d6 ( Alien, Animal, and Human, Additional Class of Minds and Additional Class of Minds classes of minds) (80 Active Points) 8

37 2) Land of Lie: Sight , Hearing and Smell/Taste Groups and Normal Touch Images Increased Size (16" radius; +1), +/-4 to PER Rolls (35 Active Points) 7

34 3) The Trickster's Mask: Shape Shift (Sight , Hearing , Smell/Taste and Touch Groups, any shape), Imitation, Instant Change, Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (67 Active Points) 5

24 Falcon, Fly, Horse, Salmon,: Multiform (70 Character Points in the most expensive form) (x4 Number Of Forms)

14 Godly Life Force: Healing 2 BODY, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (40 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)

10 Will of a God: Mental Defense (15 points total)

10 Godly Protections: Power Defense (10 points)

10 Divine Form: Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED)

40 Divine Presence: Naked Modifier, Does Knockback (+1/4), Double Knockback (+3/4)

Notes: Applies to an up to 8d6 PRE Attack, but of course, if used with it, it should suffer from similar restrictions other like any other physical attack. 4

46 Gods Suffer Not Mortal Afflctions: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

84 Runes and Rituals: Variable Power Pool, 70 base + 14 control cost, (105 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), IIF (Various "Magical" Materials; -1/4)

Talents

30 Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, any danger) 15-

12 Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

Skills

3 Acting 15-

3 Bribery 15-

3 Concealment 15-

3 Conversation 15-

3 Deduction 15-

8 Defense Maneuver I-III

3 Disguise 15-

4 Gambling (Card Games, Dice Games) 15-

3 High Society 15-

3 Interrogation 15-

3 Linguist

2 1) Language: English (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

0 2) Language: Auld Nordic (imitate dialects) (5 Active Points)

3 Mimicry 15-

3 Oratory 15-

3 Paramedics 15-

3 Power 15-

3 Persuasion 15-

3 Seduction 15-

3 Sleight Of Hand 14-

3 Stealth 14-

3 Scholar

5 1) KS: Arcane Lore and Runes (6 Active Points) 18-

2 2) KS: Norse Giants (3 Active Points) 15-

2 3) KS: Norse Gods (3 Active Points) 15-

3 Tactics 15-

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 511

Total Cost: 749

650+ Disadvantages

5 Dependent NPC: Latest Wife or Mistress (He likes them loyal but dumb usually) 8- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC)

10 Hunted: Enemy of Asgard 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

15 Hunted: Norse Gods 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Mildly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Deceitful, Distrustful, and Manipulative even when he doesn't have to be (Very Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Vengeful and Vindictive (Common, Strong)

10 Reputation: Liar, Trickster, not to be trusted, 11- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group)

10 Rivalry: Professional (Thor; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Harm or Kill Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)

10 Social Limitation: Secret Plots and plans aplenty (Occasionally, Major)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Total Disadvantages Points: 100

The above is pretty darned rushed, and I confess I'm not satisfied with it completely myself, still, I thought it might be a starting point for you to adjust. Loki probably deserves a lot more PS's to show his versitility. He was also often associated with Fire, though one source I read said that was a relatively modern confusion.

The Disads are also very much in question, whether he is hunted by his fellow gods or not (and how harshly they'll treat him if they get him) depends a lot on what version you're using of him and how the relationship progressed. So, again, alteration maybe needed.

No need to apologise, Hermit - that's nice work. :thumbup: I agree that the Disads could be variable, but if we're talking about Loki after his binding by the other gods I think they're appropriate.

Your post reminded me that DH #31, which was referred to earlier in this thread with regards to its Hercules writeup, also includes Bielo of Euroguard, another god or god-avatar. It strikes me that he has some of the qualities of Thor, but his "God of the Springtide" abilities would probably be appropriate for Balder or Frey.

Your post reminded me that DH #31' date=' which was referred to earlier in this thread with regards to its Hercules writeup, also includes Bielo of Euroguard, another god or god-avatar. It strikes me that he has some of the qualities of Thor, but his "God of the Springtide" abilities would probably be appropriate for Balder or Frey.[/quote']

Thanks for mentioning him, LL. :) Bielo (or more properly Bielobog) is a god from Slavic/Russian mythology, so he might be appropriate even without tweaking. :bounce:

Bill.

I need help!

Anyhoo... And this is really too coincidental.... The theme of this year's ZARCON is LOKI, God of mischief... Now I ask you, how could I pass up linking the mask to Loki??? Well, I couldn't. So, I did.

I might be incorrect, someone please correct me if I am, but I believe the original Dark Horse comics of The Mask did connect him/it (The mask) with Loki.