USPDB

mangahunterd

Originally posted by Hermit

Grazi

Um, Herm old buddy, you're taking that Godfather bit a little too close to home.

I should get mine middle of next week, call for order was placed just after the products shipped. Otherwise I'd have had it today. Sigh.

D

I picked up my copy today. My FLGS got only one copy much to their disappointment. I got there just in time to buy it.:D

This is actually quite odd since we usually end up getting things in about a week or so behind the first posts I see about it on the boards.:confused:

I am really happy to have this since my character is a Supermage with a VPP. This should be invaluable.

I think part of the advantage from all the playtesters is that we come at the manuscript from different perspectives.

Another advantage is that more eyes means more "coverage." I usually find a bunch of stuff to change that no playtester does (I have a different perspective and see the manuscript in layout, which they don't), but inevitably it seems like every dedicated playtester finds at least one typo or questionable item that no one else finds. Thus the more, the merrier. :)

I checked the 'Our Products' section, but didn't see a price on this bad boy. How much?

It's $24.99. Considering that it's nearly 300 pages long, if you have any interest in the subject matter it's a major bargain. It really should be more like $26.99 or $27.99, but by the time we realized how large it was it would have been more trouble to re-solicit the book than it would be worth.

I'll actually have to do some work to get a mention in the credits

Have no fear on that score, Winterhawk! We will soon (as in "when Ben gets the e-mail I just sent him") be launching our UNTIL SUPERPOWERS DATABASE webpage, where you (and other Hero fans, natch!) can contribute superpowers for everyone to see and use! I've salted the page with a dozen or so powers that I didn't have room for in USPD, or that I didn't think of until later. There's a "how to contribute" page that will explain the procedure (including the obligatory "this becomes Hero's property" disclaimer) and provide you with the form you need to submit a power write-up.

If we get enough response, we may eventually collect all the submissions into a Database supplement of some sort. Then you (and everyone else who contributes a power we print) will definitely get your name in the credits!

Originally posted by Steve Long

Have no fear on that score, Winterhawk! We will soon (as in "when Ben gets the e-mail I just sent him") be launching our UNTIL SUPERPOWERS DATABASE webpage, where you (and other Hero fans, natch!) can contribute superpowers for everyone to see and use!...

Great idea! It's a good time to be a hero system fan, aint it? No sucking up, honest.