Would you allow...

Kristopher

Re: Would you allow...

That depends on the specific situation. If I had a hard campaign limit on how many DCs someone could throw downrange, no I wouldn't. However since it doesn't in general violate the rules, I would in general allow it. One of those things I would talk to the player about before the character saw the light of day in my campaign. Make sure we were on the same page as to what the VPP could and could not be used for, and put limitations on it if necessary to reflect that.

Guest Black Lotus

...a character with a 12d6 EB and a Cosmic VPP to use the VPP to add dice to the EB?

Sure. As long as they're six-siders, and the character in question is played by a sexy woman who seduces me during gaming sessions. ;)

The points in a VPP can add to any other power or characteristic you have: EB, STR, whatever.

That's one of my reasons for not liking VPPs, at least in their current form.

Assuming of course that that is how the VPP is purchased. The nice thing about HERO is that their "current form" is however you want them to work.

Of course two power frameworks are not supposed to be able to add together. So if you have the 12d6 eb in a MP you're not technically supposed to be able to add them together.

Good point...though for my Galactic star knight write up I violate that rule flat out they have a small Multi and a VPP: Booster pool that Only boosts STR or a power thats part of thier armor...Bad me bad bad me...:)

Guest Black Lotus

Of course two power frameworks are not supposed to be able to add together. So if you have the 12d6 eb in a MP you're not technically supposed to be able to add them together.

I think you can if it's +Damage -- you know, +4d6 EB, etcetera. I'm almost certainly wrong, you probably have to have that as a separate Power... yeah... I've been into the liquor cabinet this evening, sorry. I'll just have to go back and look at that section of the rules again. I love crunchy roleplaying systems!

Very true, but the same section of the rules mentions that sometimes doing so is appropriate. One of the ways I generally handle magic is requiring that all spells be in a multipower. Really powerful mages get a small VPP to do minor things, and to give additional power to the spells in their MP.