Batman VS Captain America! yeah right...

Hermit

Re: Batman VS Captain America! yeah right...

I like the suggestion from someone on the M&M board who thought it'd be cool if Cap and Bats traded places for a year' date=' so Captain America interacted with the DC universe and Batman in Marvel.[/quote']

Hey, Captain America in the Justice League. That'd be fun!

I wouldn't mind seeing a Black Adam versus Thor scenario if Black Adam won. :eg:

I'd be at least as interested in the interactions between DC&Marvel villains, and villains with cross-universe heroes.

Kobra trying to take over the Serpent Society, maybe teaming up with the Viper.

Two-Face and other Batman villains getting involved in gang wars with the likes of Kingpin, Hammerhead, Silvermane, etc.

Batman fighting the Green Goblin. Joker hating Spidey because not only does he beat the Joker, but does it while tossing out better jokes. :D Industrialist-era Luthor's run-ins with Tony Stark.

I'm going to be one of those that would think Batman would beat Captain America, if Bats used all his gadgets. However, I'd probably be rooting for Captain America during the fight.

This has me wondering how DC's Captain Marvel would do alongside Thor, or Hawkeye and Green Arrow.

Also, wasn't there a Captain Marvel for Marvel? If so, how would the two Captain Marvels get along?

There is the whole Captain Marvel family (aka "Shazam"), which is DC. Then there is Mar-Vell, Mr. Cosmic Awareness, which is ... Marvel.

Not really sure if they'd get along at all.

I'd be at least as interested in the interactions between DC&Marvel villains, and villains with cross-universe heroes.

Kobra trying to take over the Serpent Society, maybe teaming up with the Viper..

I could see Kobra/Naga-Naga taking over Hydra. Both groups are on the levels of cults, at least depending on who is writing it.

Hey, Captain America in the Justice League. That'd be fun!

I wouldn't mind seeing a Black Adam versus Thor scenario if Black Adam won. :eg:

OKAY this reminds me. The other day I read some comics at the store while waiting for my wife to get off work.

I hadn't read many comics for YEARS, and almost NO DC.

Then I read JSA and a linked hawkwoman(?) comic IIRC?

WHO THE HELL IS Black ADAM? A pointy eared Shazam????? Who rules his own country with what looks like it must be an iron fist?

Now I forget the name of the guy who is "His brother" who could GROW among other things...

Since when is THE SPECTRE a Rampaging Lunatic?

I AM COMPLETELY LOST AND CONFUSED.

:eek::nonp::idjit:

I prefer the idea of a having a few characters switch companies over a messy massive company crossover. Judging by past efforts' date=' big crossovers almost invariably bore the hell out of me.[/quote']

Hawkman/Hawkgirl and black Falcon? Hunting down the Vulture? sorry, that was just silly.

Iron fist and Shang Chi paying an extended visit to DC? Oh lady Shiva?

I sure hope I'm remembering everybody's homes right, like I said, it has been a long time...:(

OKAY this reminds me. The other day I read some comics at the store while waiting for my wife to get off work.

I hadn't read many comics for YEARS, and almost NO DC.

Then I read JSA and a linked hawkwoman(?) comic IIRC?

WHO THE HELL IS Black ADAM? A pointy eared Shazam????? Who rules his own country with what looks like it must be an iron fist?

Now I forget the name of the guy who is "His brother" who could GROW among other things...

Since when is THE SPECTRE a Rampaging Lunatic?

I AM COMPLETELY LOST AND CONFUSED.

:eek::nonp::idjit:

Black Adam is a villain who also has the Shazam powers. Country is the one he used to rule back in ancient times, he recently took it over again. He's supposed to look Egyptian, but sometimes they make him look like the Sub-Mariner with a lightning bolt on his chest. :rolleyes:

The growing guy is Atom Smasher, who also appears in several of the JLU episodes. Used to be called Nuklon when he had a mohawk and was with Infinity, Inc. Not really Black Adam's brother, but BA calls him that.

IIRC, the Spectre was a loose cannon once the controlling soul left without one to replace it. Eclipso helped direct his rampages.

Black Adam is a villain who also has the Shazam powers. Country is the one he used to rule back in ancient times, he recently took it over again. He's supposed to look Egyptian, but sometimes they make him look like the Sub-Mariner with a lightning bolt on his chest.

Should also mention that Black Adam is by no means a new character - he's been around since the 40s in publication time, from back when Captain Marvel (the original, the Big Red Cheese) was owned by Fawcett and sold more copies than Superman.

How did Black Adam ever get SHAZAM powers??

In ancient Egypt, Teth Adam was granted the powers of Shazam, so his powers mirror those of the Egyptian gods. In the current time line he fought along side the original Hawkman and Hawkgirl (the Egyptian prince and princess who found the Nth metal and started the line of reincarnations) and Nabu (Dr. Fate). This is covered in JSA Savage Times TPB.

Currently Black Adam has taken over Khandaq again because a military dictator was in charge of the country and was torturing and abusing the population. The flag of Khandaq has three triangles, representing Black Adam, his wife and his son. He was appaled that the JSA would not help take out a brutal dictator and free his people, so he got a group together, they killed Kobra and then freed his land. (JSA Black Reign TPB). He felt Atomsmasher was a kindred spirit, so began to see him as a brother.

The current run of JSA has really expanded Black Adam. I like what they have done with him, he has become a much more sympathetic villain. He is one of my favorite characters in the DCU currently.

What a load of garbage? what audience is DC aiming for? the illiterate action junkie audience? It is a market...but not a good one for a printed comic book.

Will the next line not have word baloons, but just symbols to help out their target reader? Or maybe leet would be on target.

the new DC universe sample dialogue:

Batman !!!!!!!!:[

Superman WTF?