Villain Slush Pile

Rechan

I have a habit of tossing out Villain or character ideas when I get them, but never work out the stats. Merely, I want to get voice on what people think of them, etc.

Well, I thusly open the Villain Slush Pile. Toss in your absent minded Villain ideas. They don't have to be odd ball or not serious, but just something that popped into your head. Powers, origins, personality/motivations, plot seeds, etc etc.

Here's the latest one that spawned in my brain. I havn't chosen a name for him, because so many fit but I can't find one I like. Hivemind, Overseer, Puppetmaster...

Anyways, here's the concept: A Reality Hacker.

In the Matrix, you have the Agents simply created. They are living 'programs' in the system. And on Neo's side, new skills can be just uploaded into the person's brain. Now, what if there was a character who could create Agents, in reality; basicly create living 'Programs'. These programs have various skills, abilities, appearances, etc. They are under his control, but they have a sort've programmed 'AI', a 'script'. I havn't decided on a set number, but he can create more mooks, but the more powerful the programs are, the fewer he can create. He has a mental connection to them, allowing him to find out what they're observing, etc (Sort've a mind link/sensory link/etc). As he advanced, or built powers, eventually he could branch from using 'Humans' and create... New Scripts. Bwhaha.

This could easily be done with Summoning, plus Mind link/etc.

Villian Slush

One villian I've though up but haven't done any stat work on is Poltergeist.

A ten year old girl with Teke powers under control of an evil mentor.

The twist, she doesn't think she is the one with powers. It's her stuffed bear, Mr. Bear, that has them.

Her Quote? "Mr. Bear says you've been bad and need to be punished."

If you take her bear from her be prepared for a NCC EB, AE'R, Megascale, Penetrating, and low str tK to bring the bear back to her. (Of course the bear rescues itself.)

TimS.

:eek: Tim, that is rather evil! but I think I can turn it up a notch: The little girl (in the absense of her mentor/bear) can't actually control her power at all, causing continous and massive damage to the surrondings (and possibly threatening her own life, either through collatoral damage or burn out).

I actually had a character somewhat like that before. The one time I legitimately used the independent limitation without a focus.

Her name was Dreamer. She was a little girl who bought most of her "nightmares" (powers) with independent and no conscious control. Basically, she was schizo, with each personality having separate powers and personalities. She could also absorb more personalities with a mental damage shield. You can imagine how fearsome each multiform was with a -4 limitation... :eek:

The reason her powers were independent, was because a competent psychologist with a few months of therapy could psychoanalyze her and "cure" her. ;)

Originally posted by Intrope

:eek: Tim, that is rather evil! but I think I can turn it up a notch: The little girl (in the absense of her mentor/bear) can't actually control her power at all, causing continous and massive damage to the surrondings (and possibly threatening her own life, either through collatoral damage or burn out).

Well, the Mentor is a Mentalist. So she actually does hear the bear talk to her. :) She also is sppoiled and doesn't like to be told NO.

In the purely silly category...

As a result of a debate with a fellow player over the (percieved by me) innate sillyness of 'Stretching' as a primary superheroic power (espc. the form made infamous by Misseur Richards, no offense!) it occured to me that there had to be even SILLYIER concepts out there.

My crowning acheivment... the Fishmonger.

Multipower, limited charges, charges only recover at the dockside when the boats come in.

EB, double-knock-back (Tuna)

RKA (Swordfish)

Autofire EB (Sardines, can of)

NND vs life support, explosion (day-old-haddock)

Entangle (Octopus, of course)

and the list, as it were, goes on.

ANVERU T'KHAR - He's not really a bad guy. It's just that he's been in a long-term relationship that just went south, and he's kicking himself for not seeing it coming, and it also meant the end of his career and all his social contacts, and he's also secretly rather bitter that instead of just breaking things off in a private, honest conversation, she pulled her old trick of stranding the ex-to-be in a dimension she'd failed to conquer. Honestly, after 250,000 years together, you'd think he'd earned more considerate treatment than that.

Anveru T'Khar, former Consort-Marshall of a Billion Dimensions, should come across as a reasonably sympathetic if slightly codependent type, who engages in battle and conquest mainly because it's the only job he's really known. Alternatively, he could aspire to be a hero, and be a foil in the PCs' sides - for one thing, he's not familiar with the local customs ("Let me explain this Code Vs. Killing thing we have..."), and might get a bit puppyish around an assertive and attractive heroine. He's got plenty of attractive qualities, but it's obviously a rebound relationship - the kind that never work out - and does she really want to be muddying the water's of Istvatha's past history?

Did this once as a part gag, part serious, but mostly a way to give my female players (and their lady PCs) a feeling of grrl power. Few men could stand up to...

The Temptress-

Mind Control, over men only

Intelligence Drain, again, only men

Limited Damage Reduction, guys find themselves pulling their punches since she's 'so beautiful'

OOooddles of comliness.

IF I recall, her quote was, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful... hate me because compared to me... you're not."

And hate her they did :)

• 2 years later...

Re: Villain Slush Pile

BLACK MONDAY - Mastervillain Economist

Modus Operandi is based on the relative value of economic wealth. He's rich, but so are a lot of people; he can get richer, but so can they...but if he can bring about the collapse of the global economy and the annihilation of all fortunes except his own, then as the Last Tycoon Standing he'll be able to effectively buy the world at fire-sale prices.

Appearance: Powerful, expensive battlesuit, black bearskin cloak.

Powers: His understanding of voodoo economics has allowed him to develop voodoo powers. His wrestling style includes Bear Hug and Dropping You Right Through The Floor. His battlesuit's systems enable him to attempt hostile takeovers of other battlesuits and equipment, and to entrap enemies in bubbles that eventually implode.

Tactics: Insanely complex acts of economic terrorism. PCs will need investigative skill to find out that he's behind it all and to locate him; then they must break through the glass ceiling of his base and do battle.

"Aw, man the last thing we need is actually having Pikachu running around"

I have been using Pikachus since Pokemon first came on the air here in the States. It never fails that I have one player say look at the cute squirrel before I let him have a lightning bolt.

CES

For the longest time I've been wanting to write up Speed Bump, the accident-prone speedster.... :D

(The idea was inspired by a true story: a man decided to rob a jewelry store by picking up a manhole cover, heaving it through the window, grabbing whatever he could, and taking off running. Unfortunately for him, as he was running he fell down the manhole he'd just uncovered.)

Re: Villian Slush

One villian I've though up but haven't done any stat work on is Poltergeist.

A ten year old girl with Teke powers under control of an evil mentor.

The twist, she doesn't think she is the one with powers. It's her stuffed bear, Mr. Bear, that has them.

Her Quote? "Mr. Bear says you've been bad and need to be punished."

If you take her bear from her be prepared for a NCC EB, AE'R, Megascale, Penetrating, and low str tK to bring the bear back to her. (Of course the bear rescues itself.)

TimS.

Thread crossover to "top 5 most powerful characters", at least in the local group. "Bag Lady" had essentially only two powers. 100 STR TK and Timestop. She was actually a little girl's psychic projection, until the mother of one of the heroes she killed returned the favor. In a later adventure, the gate to Hell was *left open* and Bag Lady came back, without the little girl...

Here's a group I made up for the GM of our local Teen Champions game. His universe has a criminal group, "The Church of Crime", run by "The Cardinal of Crime", so this was designed to dovetail into that. I'm sure they could be modified to fit in elsewhere easily enough.

The School of Hard Knocks

St. Disloyola’s Academy - The Crime School

Mary Magdalene Morris has a history of being disgruntled. Unwilling to conform to society’s and her catholic school’s moral codes, she had a long career as a juvenile criminal. On becoming an adult, she continued to be involved in various crimes and scams, and was recruited into the world-domination seeking group Raven. After a few years with Raven, she felt she had learned all that she could from them, and was getting tired of fighting superheroes with weak blasters in ill-conceived plans to take over the world.

Abandoning her post and slipping away during one such super attack, she set out on her new goals – be part of something profitable, and not be outclassed in the power department. For the first part, she joined with the Church of Crime, and quickly earned her “stripes†with a series of scams and successful operations. Reading stories of increasing levels of mutation in the population, she carefully tracked reports of children and teens with apparent superhuman abilities. Secretly tipping off a local hero to a Church operation (which the hero promptly busted), she found the Cardinal of Crime in a receptive mood to her proposal for acquiring and training more supervillains for Church operations. With the Cardinal’s blessing and backing, Bad Habit began tracking down and recruiting powered juveniles across the country that could be trained and molded to her purposes.

Bad Habit – Headmistress of the school, she has hopes of being able to use her students as a powerbase within the Church of Crime to improve her own standing, perhaps even taking over someday. Her costume could be described as “21st Century Ninja-Nunâ€. Black leather body armor with white trim and high heels, with a nun-headpiece that extends down over her eyes in a mask. She has a steel set of rosary beads she can use as a weapon, and when she knows there might be trouble, she carries a chromed Thompson SMG with 30-round drum. She is 5’9†tall, with black hair and brown eyes. Normally she does not go on field missions with her students, preferring the safety behind the lines, but on occasion she does wish to oversee situations directly.

Students – The costume of the students is patterned on a school uniform – white shirts with a vest or sweater over it, slacks for the boys, plaid skirts for the girls. Of course, being a school full of delinquents, there are differences – the uniforms are frequently dirty, the girls wear heels and tattered fishnet stockings, the boys have combat boots, etc. To disguise their identities, they also wear Robin-style domino masks. The students generally behave like stereotypical bad kids – swearing, making rude gestures, smoking, etc.

Bad Influence – Carlotta Marconi – Italian descent from Queens, 16, 5’4â€, black hair, brown eyes. Wears expensive (stolen) dark sunglasses over her mask. Power of mind control, tries to use her powers to make small pushes instead of trying to turn people into glazed-eyed slaves. She does not have telepathic contact, so has to tell her victims her commands, which she phrases as helpful suggestions. The neurological makeup that gives her her mental powers also makes her more susceptible to the pain inflicted by sonics. Her nickname from the other students is a sarcastic “Her Majesty†behind her back, or a similarly sarcastic “Your Highness†to her face. Even so, she is the acknowledged leader of the group after Bad Habit, and has the others convinced that she is their friend.

Misfit – Melvin Laforte – White goth-kid from Seattle. 15, 5’8â€, brown hair (dyed black), green eyes. Wears a black trenchcoat over his uniform, has his fingernails painted black, has a Cure t-shirt on over his white uniform shirt. Smokes clove cigarettes. Has the ability to turn into a nightmarish monster, a seven-foot tall cross between a gorilla, a bat, and an armadillo. In monster form, he has four arms, one noticeably longer than the other three (and frequently a different arm each time he changes), large bat-wings growing out of his back, sharp claws on his hands and feet, tufts of fur sprouting out from armored plates, and a flexible tail. He is all in shades of black and grey, and if he stays still is almost impossible to spot in the dark until you are right up on top of him. He tries to fight from ambush when possible, using his ability to hide and freakish appearance to unnerve his targets. The extra section of his brain in monster form that controls his radar-sense makes him more vulnerable to ego attacks. His nickname from the other students is “Freakboyâ€.

Hothead – Julio Martinez – Hispanic from Los Angeles. 14, 5’6â€, dark brown hair, brown eyes. His uniform is specially treated not to burn when he activates his powers, so his flames simply pass through it or form around it. When his powers are on, he looks completely covered in flames, which are especially bright and tall coming off the top of his head. He is vulnerable to cold-based attacks. He will normally fight in a straightforward manner, moving up on targets and blasting them with his flame attacks. He prefers to avoid fighting women as he views it as less macho, but will if necessary. His nicknames from the other students are “Matchstick†and “Bicheadâ€.

Loudmouth – Hank Davis – White kid from Indiana. 14, 5’6â€, blonde, blue eyes. Has a crush on Runaway, and looks up to Bully as the tough guy. Super-powered lungs and vocal chords give him his powers, but if he strains his voice too much he can lose his powers until he has time to recuperate. Doesn’t smoke for fear of damaging his powers. Current nickname from the other students is…well…“Loudmouthâ€.

Bully – Ray Lee Wayne – White kid from Alabama. 15, 6’ tall and half as wide, red hair and green eyes. Fair skin and freckles that show his anger well. Super strong and tough, enjoys breaking things and intimidating people. In combat will try to take down the biggest or most manly-looking enemy first, and then try to cow anyone else into submission. Nickname from the other students is “Meatheadâ€, but they don’t use it when he’s around in case he might go off.

Bad Seed – Marvin Mattock – Black kid from Detroit. 14, 5’7â€, green hair and dark brown eyes. Can control plants, and cause them to grow/act according to his wishes. He also is part-plant himself, making him resilient, and able to survive by photosynthesis. This does make him susceptible to herbicides however. In combat he will normally try to trip up opponents, setting them up for his teammates. If pressed, he will have his plants launch thorns or choking sprays of pollen at his enemies. His nicknames from the other students are “Chia-head†and “Leaf-brainâ€.

Runaway – Brandy Wilkins. White girl from Ohio. 14, 5’4â€, blonde hair, blue eyes. Still wears the plaid skirt and fishnets of the normal “uniformâ€, but has expensive (stolen) sneakers on instead of heels. Can move and run incredibly fast, but has problems slowing down quickly and making sharp turns. Her nickname from the other students is “Skidmarksâ€.