Help converting a couple of GURPS abilities to Hero

nexus

Sanitized Metabolism: The character's body has been altered to be "cleaner". He no longer produces offensive body order, undue amounts of loose hair or skin flakes. Even his waste products are non odorous and inoffensive.

Culture Adaptibility: The character is extremely adept at understanding strange exotic cultures and societies. He can quickly and easily fit in to almost any culture and suffered no penalties to his interaction skills when dealing with another culture, no matter how strange.

Selective Conception: The character can control their fertility, deciding when and if they are fertile.

Re: Help converting a couple of GURPS abilities to Hero

Sanitized Metabolism: The character's body has been altered to be "cleaner". He no longer produces offensive body order, undue amounts of loose hair or skin flakes. Even his waste products are non odorous and inoffensive.

Culture Adaptibility: The character is extremely adept at understanding strange exotic cultures and societies. He can quickly and easily fit in to almost any culture and suffered no penalties to his interaction skills when dealing with another culture, no matter how strange.

Selective Conception: The character can control their fertility, deciding when and if they are fertile.

Sanitized Metabolism: Cosmetic Transform, Always On?

Culture Adaptability: What Nevereverend said

Selective Conception: Summon 25(?) pt Infant, Incantations (oh baby oh baby), Gestures (nuff said), Extra Time (9 months), Concentration (Only To Initiate Summon)

Sanitized Metabolism: The character's body has been altered to be "cleaner". He no longer produces offensive body order' date=' undue amounts of loose hair or skin flakes. Even his waste products are non odorous and inoffensive. [/quote']

Penalty skill levels vs sanity issues, or a 1 point Immunity.

I'd call it another 1 pt immunity.

Sanitized Metabolism: The character's body has been altered to be "cleaner". He no longer produces offensive body order' date=' undue amounts of loose hair or skin flakes. Even his waste products are non odorous and inoffensive.[/quote']

+5 Com;

Sticky (+1/2);

Sticky Only for Waste Products (-2; applies only to Sticky Active Points);

[4 Real]

Done. :D

The cruel method? RKA: 1 pip; AoE: 1 hex, accurate; Reduced End Cost: 0 End; Trigger: baby conceived (plus possibly a mild Detect); Only vs. Fetuses (-2);

Sorry. :ugly:

The cruel method? RKA: 1 pip; AoE: 1 hex' date=' accurate[/i']; Reduced End Cost: 0 End; Trigger: baby conceived (plus possibly a mild Detect); Only vs. Fetuses (-2);

Sorry. :ugly:

Ah, but that would only allow you to control when you were not fertile... not when you were fertile. :)

I like the Summon method mechanically, although it would be too expensive for its utility.

For the Sanitized Metabolism, I'd probably go with a low-dice Cosmetic Transform, Uncontrolled, Continuous, Self-Only, Always On.

I remember the game effects of this. It's just +2 COM with a special effect, and maybe an arbitrary 1 point Life Support. Call it 2 points total.

Penalty skill levels with all PRE skills, or +4 Levels with Interaction Skills (tight group), only to offset cultural penaties (-1).

Arbitrary 1 point perk.

For the Sanitized Metabolism' date=' I'd probably go with a low-dice Cosmetic Transform, Uncontrolled, Continuous, Self-Only, Always On.[/quote']

I was under the impression that you can't T-form yourself. Is this incorrect?

I suppose you could require them to travel in pairs, so that they could T-form each other...... :D

Penalty skill levels with all PRE skills, or +4 Levels with Interaction Skills (tight group), only to offset cultural penaties (-1).

I was thinking PSL for this myself, but don't you have to specify what penalty is is supposed to offset, anyway? (e.g.: Targeting Skill Levels, Range Skill Levels, Time Skill Levels, etc.) :think:

If so, there shouldn't be a limitation.

I suppose you could require them to travel in pairs, so that they could T-form each other...... :D

That's why you put the Self Only limitation on... thus allowing you to use it on yourself instead of other people. The Always On part then effectively counters the 'Must Be A Way to Untransform' as the second you undo it it redoes itself.

Another might be:

Shapeshift: Smell/Taste; Always On; Persistent, 0END; blah blah...

was that suggested?

I'm sure the admonition against using Transform on ones self is meant to say that you shouldn't use Transform in place of Multiform or Shape Shift or Growth, etc. This is a clearly different effect, more similar (IMO) to using Cosmetic Transform to change your clothing.

(In relation to the Sanitized Metabolism)

I remember the game effects of this. It's just +2 COM with a special effect, and maybe an arbitrary 1 point Life Support. Call it 2 points total.

I agree.

IMO some people seem to be trying to create this ability in literal terms rather than reasoning from effect.

What exactly does the ability do for a character in game terms? Figure that out and you are most of the way toward building the ability in HERO. In GURPS it just made getting close to the character with the ability a bit more appealing.

(In relation to the Sanitized Metabolism)

I agree.

IMO some people seem to be trying to create this ability in literal terms rather than reasoning from effect.

What exactly does the ability do for a character in game terms? Figure that out and you are most of the way toward building the ability in HERO. In GURPS it just made getting close to the character with the ability a bit more appealing.

My thoughts exactly. I was thinking of a limited invisibility. Obviously the sanitised metabolism will ensure that the character is effectively invisible to certain senses (bloodhounds will be baffled) and forensic techniques.

Possibly worth 10 points or so but I haven't properly costed it out...

Doc

Ah' date=' but that would only allow you to control when you were [i']not[/i] fertile... not when you were fertile. :)

I like the Summon method mechanically, although it would be too expensive for its utility.

For the Sanitized Metabolism, I'd probably go with a low-dice Cosmetic Transform, Uncontrolled, Continuous, Self-Only, Always On.

Ah, but fertility does not necessarily guarantee conception! Let's get our terms straight!

I was thinking PSL for this myself, but don't you have to specify what penalty is is supposed to offset, anyway? (e.g.: Targeting Skill Levels, Range Skill Levels, Time Skill Levels, etc.) :think:

If so, there shouldn't be a limitation.

Well technically PSLs only apply to combat anyway (although I believe Environmental Movement is actually an official example build that breaks this).

Considering many of the suggested uses of penalty skills-- Environmental movement, encubrance movement, etc, I don't think that PSLs were ever intended to be specifically for combat. The bulk of the examples do lean that way, but I think that is simply because the bulk of most RPGs center around combat.

Despite our intentions to tell a story, or our intentions to share a fantasy, it seems that deep down, what we really want to do is whack the snot out of something! :)

Ah.

So essentially it is whatever appropriate COM boost and a couple of pluses to Skill vs Skill: Concealment: Bio-traces only, then. Is this correct, or is there more?

Pretty much. All that Sanitized Metabolism does is give you a reaction bonus and, in very limited circumstances, make your activities a little harder to trace. A flat COM bonus plus a very limited 1 point version of Anonymity will do it.

Pretty much. All that Sanitized Metabolism does is give you a reaction bonus and' date=' in very limited circumstances, make your activities a little harder to trace. A flat COM bonus plus a very limited 1 point version of Anonymity will do it.[/quote']

All right! The board has solved for two! :D

Now, where's that chick with the toothache?......