Weird power build

hooligan x

Re: Weird power build

There are two parts to this power. The first is locating the target anywhere on the planet, the second is transmitting information (one-way) to the recipient.

Second part is easier, something like Telepathy, Megascale, Fragile OAF, One-Way Only (-1), Can Be Intercepted (others can snatch up the message & read it; -1/2), Not Subject to Mental Defense / Can Be Refused (MD doesn't block it, but you don't have to read it -0), Restricted and Written Language(s) (if you write in English, they better understand it; -0), 1 Charge (gives you 0 END, recovers daily?), Delayed Effect (however long the arrow takes to get there), Extra Time (how fast do you write?), Limited Message Length (written stuff only, must fit on a page; -1/4?).

So if Telepathy is the base of the second part, we need Mind Scan for the first part. How about Mind Scan with the Cumulative advantage & a high max effect to make sure it works. It also needs to cover the Earth. Fragile OAF (the arrow). Make it a Single Continuing Charge, long enough to reach max effect and cover the Telepathy's Delayed Effect. As a bonus, you get 0 END. "Only To Target Message Arrow" could be a (-1) lim that means you don't know where the target is, can't use any other mental powers through the MS, and though the recipient knows who sent it, they don't know where you are. You might / might not worry about Mental Defense here depending on how you want it to work.

Don't worry about the Active Points for this one, the effect is game-safe.

Pretty complex build, but in game it's just an arrow you fire once / day.

Mind link' date=' any willing person, no LOS needed, only to deliver one specific message.[/quote']If the recipient is willing, then this is how I would go. But if I'm sending a note to my enemy that says, "Ha, ha. I just found your hideout by following this arrow," I'd treat it as a Mind Scan.

Personally, I wouldn't use mindlink for this power. Just because you shoot an arrow at someones feet doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be the ones to pick it up. But I guess it really depends on the GM. If he wants the receiver to always get the message (unless they refused) then it would change the mechanics.

Personally' date=' I wouldn't use mindlink for this power. Just because you shoot an arrow at someones feet doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be the ones to pick it up. But I guess it really depends on the GM. If he wants the receiver to always get the message (unless they refused) then it would change the mechanics.[/quote']

That's why there is the disadvantage of "Willing target". If an arrow lands at my feet with a note stuck to it I can read it.. or ignore it.

That's why there is the disadvantage of "Willing target". If an arrow lands at my feet with a note stuck to it I can read it.. or ignore it.

No, I understand what you are getting at. However, mindlink works only between known parties. It doesn't allow for the possibility that someone else (like a stranger, ally, enemy, or whatever) can pick it up. If the target refuses with a mindlink then no one can read the message. Which is fine if the GM wants that. To me I would allow for the possibility that someone else can steal it away from the recipeint. Additionally, a mind link (unless with an additional limitation) allows the shooter to know that the receiver has gotten the message.

Basically, I see the power very differently from all of you. To me its a teleport linked with a detect person. The arrow, and the content of the message (minus the recipients name) are both special effects. But as with everything to each their own.

How about Telepathy with appropriate lims and ads?

just a thought. It doesn't 'give away location,' but still--- the required ECV 'to hit' roll sort of indicates a need to already know where that person is....

hmmm....

Ya know, maybe not Telepathy. Sure. Not telepathy. I can get behind that. :)

To clarify' date=' the magic arrow can find anyone, but will not tell the archer where the target is. The target may choose to read the note or not. The arrow will not hit the recipiant (although that would be a hell of a side effect).[/quote']

I still like my earlier post.

Now I don't feel so bad! To clarify' date=' the magic arrow can find anyone, but will not tell the archer where the target is. The target may choose to read the note or not. The arrow will not hit the recipiant (although that would be a hell of a side effect).[/quote']

ROTFLOL Al la Monte Python and the Search For the Holy Grail: clipity clop, Clipity clop, Fwapt- Thud! patzy looking down at his chest; "message sir"

What a great image, thanks.

You Have Been Repped!

-Woof

Now I don't feel so bad! To clarify' date=' the magic arrow can find anyone, but will not tell the archer where the target is. The target may choose to read the note or not. The arrow will not hit the recipiant (although that would be a hell of a side effect).[/quote']

Since, my suggestion is pretty much out of the running;), which build are you currently leaning towards?

Mega-scale detect with targeting' date=' oaf arrow would be my call.[/quote']

ok...

Maybe teleport?

Ok, I am leaning toward these two together. The teleport would be "lim:arrow only"

What do you think? Will megascale mean I can't shoot the arrow four blockss? Will I need to buy a local and long distance service? Should I just get this dude a cell phone?

This is gonna be expensive...

Mind link' date=' any willing person, no LOS needed, only to deliver one specific message.[/quote']

So the arrow would go to the target, and we wouldn't consider the power/attack successful unless the target was willing to pick up the note? What advantages and Limitations would we need?

I'm for the Mind Link, with a bit of a twist.

Magic Arrow of Note Delivery: Mind Link, Any Mind, No LOS Required, Visible, Physical Manifestation, Only To Send Messages.

The visible is the fact that anyone can see the arrow being fired or landing. The physical manifestaton is the arrow and message itself, which anyone can pick up and read. Only To Send would be a -1 Limitation.