Super Robots

tkdguy

Re: Super Robots

I think Voltron was the name for three unrelated series (Go Lion, Dairugger XV, and (I think) Daltanius) wrapped up into one. That's what they did with Robotech, after all. There were supposed to be three different Voltrons, each guarding a different part of the universe. The last series was never shown, though.

I think Voltron was the name for three unrelated series (Go Lion' date=' Dairugger XV, and (I think) Daltanius) wrapped up into one. That's what they did with Robotech, after all. There were supposed to be three different Voltrons, each guarding a different part of the universe. The last series was never shown, though.[/quote']

Thanks tdkguy! I could never remember the "other" Voltron; I knew GoLion and Dairugger XV, and I knew there was another one, with three parts that formed one giant robot, but I could never get the name.

Sorry, but the third Voltron series (which I don't think ever even finished dubbing, much less aired) was...

Albegas!

Referred to as the "Gladiator Voltron" in the FAQs I've read (don't ask, I've never seen it so I don't know why), I even have a picture of them on an old Go-Lion Voltron toy package from when I was a kid.

Rob

Yeah' date=' I knew about Go Lion and Dairugger XV, but I didn't know there was a third Voltron series....[/quote']

Because it was in toy only over here in the US. Why? Because the american company which held the rights to the toy decided instead of "Gladiator Voltron", thay should comition more epasolds of "Lion Force Voltron" (which resulted in a first at the time, new American only epaslods of an anime show...the only other show this has been done with was the second seasion of Ultimate Mussel, but that is another story).

Which reminds me...I'm still hopeing for Go Dragon myself.

I think I still have my Raideen figure around somewhere... I may even still have the eagle missle that it could shoot out of its chest! That was one of my favorite shows.... I remember mom hunting up an import store so I could go shop for my favorite swag. :D :D

*memories...*

(singing in best Ren voice)

So Voltron 3 was supposed to be Albegas. Interesting. I never watched the last episode of the other two series; I don't know if they were even shown. I do remember a computer-generated version of the Lion Force Voltron' date=' which aired years after the original series.[/quote']

Voltron: The Third Dimention basicly sucked. It almost sucked as bad as the second Speed Racer show (the made for US one).

Yeah' date=' I remember [b']Voltron: Third Dimension[/b]. It had potential, but they never fully realised it. Sad. I hate it when they flub a show with potential...

Flub is a to kind word for this show. What protental thay droped are...

1) First turning King Zarkon good, then revealing that it was all just a ruse (and an extremly transparent one at that).

2) Not mentioning the other Voltron forces.

The best thing thay did in the show was to admit that, like the original japanies counterpart, that Voltron was somewhat 'alive'.