The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

• 3 weeks later...

So yesterday I was ay the Great British Beer Festival. I had carbo loaded by having a fry up for breakfast and then had a sausage and bacon hoagy plus a burger with mushrooms and chips. The beer included the champion beer which was a porter which I had in a one third size. But I also had an American 10% abv porter called Victory at Sea which came in large pint bottle size. I had blackcurrent beer and raspberry beer. And several other porters plus a lemon flavoured ale. Nice day out although I was a little bloated at the end.

• 3 weeks later...

One year ago in the mid-evening, while camping in Flaming Gorge in Utah, this little kitten meeped at me. I got a can of cat food for her, then asked around about her. She was too skittish to approach and according to the camp manager, she'd been dumped near the beginning of the summer.

Earlier that day, I learned a friend of mine had succumbed to cancer. I had met Cathy during the rescue effort in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

This wasn't the first time I've seen stray cats while travelling, but having her meep and on the heels of the news of my friend, I knew I'd have to do something.

We didn't have any trapping equipment and my camping companions had other priorities. Since Flaming Gorge isn't that far from home, I knew I could go home and come right back. And she had survived several months by being fed camp scraps, I figured a couple days could be risked. Three days later, I was back in late afternoon with a trap, carrier, some more food and enough supplies to last a few days.

As it was, I found the camp site where she had been fed the night before. After talking with the campers there, I put the trap up with some fancy feast and headed out for a little bit. 1/2 hour later, she was in the trap. I did a quick transfer of her into a carrier (in the bathroom), where I first noticed her tortie face, and then headed back home getting home about 4am.

I feared she'd be a bit feral, but she turned out to be easy to handle, just skittish. She did immediately fall in love with my wife and after having her checked by the vets, was able to introduce her to the rest of our crew. She got on great with the other cats, so we decided to keep her. She's still a little skittish around people other than my wife, but she's getting better.

One year ago in the mid-evening, while camping in Flaming Gorge in Utah, this little kitten meeped at me. I got a can of cat food for her, then asked around about her. She was too skittish to approach and according to the camp manager, she'd been dumped near the beginning of the summer.

Earlier that day, I learned a friend of mine had succumbed to cancer. I had met Cathy during the rescue effort in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

This wasn't the first time I've seen stray cats while travelling, but having her meep and on the heels of the news of my friend, I knew I'd have to do something.

We didn't have any trapping equipment and my camping companions had other priorities. Since Flaming Gorge isn't that far from home, I knew I could go home and come right back. And she had survived several months by being fed camp scraps, I figured a couple days could be risked. Three days later, I was back in late afternoon with a trap, carrier, some more food and enough supplies to last a few days.

As it was, I found the camp site where she had been fed the night before. After talking with the campers there, I put the trap up with some fancy feast and headed out for a little bit. 1/2 hour later, she was in the trap. I did a quick transfer of her into a carrier (in the bathroom), where I first noticed her tortie face, and then headed back home getting home about 4am.

I feared she'd be a bit feral, but she turned out to be easy to handle, just skittish. She did immediately fall in love with my wife and after having her checked by the vets, was able to introduce her to the rest of our crew. She got on great with the other cats, so we decided to keep her. She's still a little skittish around people other than my wife, but she's getting better.

Congratulations on the new cat.

The face that says "Seriously, bro?"

Something we need is a good story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First Christmas present for friends bought.

And got myself a picture of Zod and Ursa from Superman 2. Signed by Terence and Sarah. The picture is the pair looking up at the helicopter just before the General tells her to blow them a kiss.

where is my present? don't i get one? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Good Tribbles go to heaven. Bad ones go to the the Comic Con and get the second expansion for King of Tokyo, get photographed with Hannah Spearritt, get photographed with Kelly Hu, Kelly Hu's autograph on a picture of her in her Scorpion King glory and a RPG villain T-shirt. Some good cos players out. Several Jack Skellingtons, many Harleys, Jokers, Riddlers of both sexes, Star Wars personnel and a Power Girl.