Fantasy University Floor Plans

keithcurtis

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Fantasy University Floor Plans

I had a player once crawl up a cesspit and take out the unsuspecting guards inside to throw open the door long enough to get everyone inside a fort.

Our group has a long tradition of trekking through the sewers in order to get to the site of mayhem.

And once, when they were in a part of town that was too new and cheap to have sewers, they posed as the collectors of night soil so they could go to the place they wanted.

I had a player once crawl up a cesspit and take out the unsuspecting guards inside to throw open the door long enough to get everyone inside a fort.

And I ran a FH game where the players - trapped and faced by certain death at the hands of a rampaging demon - used a magic wand to turn themselves into crayfish and escape DOWN the toilet :eek:

The lost the wand when they hit the river, and had to spend some time as crayfish trying to retrieve it :D

cheers, Mark

Thanks, that's a really cool map. I've done a few 3d sketches, but my command of composition while doing perspective is shaky. The closest I have come is the city illustration for Tallon:

tallon.jpg

I have a rough sketch for the Archon's palace I'll see if I can dig up.

Keith "That kind of mapping is real work" Curtis

Not only is that beautiful (as someone else said), it reminds me of Malta's Grand Harbor, which is a site rich with historical context.

For the hallways with dorms, just convert two rooms into one big communal restroom. Also, the L-shaped rooms near the stairs would be good candidates, but you'd need to shift the staff cafeteria over on the ground floor, essentially just squaring off the main cafeteria like it is near the kitchen.

Like all your work, this is very professional.

What's the name of the west door?

Not only is that beautiful (as someone else said)' date=' it reminds me of Malta's Grand Harbor, which is a site rich with historical context.[/quote']

Hmmm - now I'm wondering how difficult or easy it would be to do a 3D render....

Lots of low poly boxes of various colours is about all you need, as you wouldn't need a great deal of detail - the resolution wouldn't be that large...

The terrain contours implied by the image help too...

Thanks for the Malta reference. I had never seen pictures of the harbor; they've given me some good visual ideas. Previously, the closest thing to how I envisioned the city was Theed, from the SW prequels.theed.jpg

Keith "It's a beautiful model" Curtis

PS. Here's another cool image from Benares, but I'm attaching it as a link, since it's a bit large

Benares

There are a number of crafthalls, though guilds are closer to unions in structure in Tallon. Some crafts are taught in the Towers of the Word and of Knowledge, but this is probably in conjunction with the Hall. "Art" in this sense refers to any body of knowledge carried out to an advanced degree.

Check out these pages to give the Hall context:

City of Tallon

Merikian Culture

Keith "More than you wanna know" Curtis