Negative STUN: Use the Time Chart for Recoveries?

DataPacRat

On p275, we have a small table, showing when a Knocked Out character can take recoveries. Down to -10, every Phase; to -20, every Turn; to -30, every minute.

For characters who are /really/ knocked out, would it be useful if the GM continued the progression down the Time Chart? That is, for STUN of -31 to -40, they'd recover every 5 minutes, to -50 every 20 minutes, to -60 every hour, and so on and so forth?

Re: Negative STUN: Use the Time Chart for Recoveries?

We tend to ignore the strict chart in the book that is based on how much STUN you are under and do it more by the number of RECs you would need. So if you are within one REC, you get it on your next phase. 2 RECs, you get one on Post-12. More than 2 RECs, down for the fight. Over 3 RECs and the group may be calling an ambulance. You might be doing the "coma" story next week, at least to start. Of course, the GM(that's me) occasionally bends the rule here or there for the sake of the story. Villains are generally down for the fight if they need more than one REC(master villains or guys known to take ridiculous beatings may get up though). Of course, fight is over as soon as the last villain goes down, regardless of how many RECs he would need. Almost always. :)

Our group always called this "going vernal" - as in' date=' you get a recovery on every vernal equinox. In other words it becomes inconvenient, to say nothing of unrealistic, to track recovery periods out that far.[/quote']

Ah, "going vernal". I like that. We tend to call it "having a drink at Chez Foxbat".

Sometimes there's a bigscreen tv over the bar showing the fight - sometimes it's playing soaps...

We tend to ignore the strict chart in the book that is based on how much STUN you are under and do it more by the number of RECs you would need. So if you are within one REC' date=' you get it on your next phase. 2 RECs, you get one on Post-12. More than 2 RECs, down for the fight. Over 3 RECs and the group may be calling an ambulance. You might be doing the "coma" story next week, at least to start. Of course, the GM(that's me) occasionally bends the rule here or there for the sake of the story. Villains are generally down for the fight if they need more than one REC(master villains or guys known to take ridiculous beatings may get up though). Of course, fight is over as soon as the last villain goes down, regardless of how many RECs he would need. Almost always. :)[/quote']

Very interesting system, as it does make those characters with high REC more resiliant... even more than they normally are. Have to think about the ramifications of this... though, I think that my players will probably agree that a high REC is a bonus enough in and of itself.