Need Help On Terror Incorprated, 5th Edition.

steriaca

I am trying to create a new version of Terror incorprated, and need some help.

1) Profesor Muorte: Did I spell his code name right? Also, what is his real name.

2) Giganto: I also need his real name.

3) Spider Monkey: Yes, I am adding a few members of the Assaneos into the group (thay have always been a bit....chummie). What is the avrage height and weight of a Spider Monkey? How many levels of Shrinking would I have to base her size at?

4) The Dark Death: Thay do need a ninja. What does The Dark Death translate to in spanish? What does his 'new' name, The Dark Skull, translate to in spanish? What was his real name?

5) The Tombstone Kid: Well, thay do need an energy blaster. Anyways, what was his real name, when he was a living being?

Oh, and Pantera makes six.

1) Professor Muerte (pronounced MWAIR-tay, more or less) - real name Hernan Cortez.

2) Giganto's real name has never been given - he was always called a "simple Argentine Indian." :rolleyes:

3) Can't say whether it's scientifically accurate, but Spider Monkey in 4E had two levels of Shrinking Always On, so you can base her size modifiers on that.

4) "The Dark Death" was "El Muerto Obscuro" in Spanish. 'Fraid you'll have to look up "Skull" yourself unless a Spanish speaker on the boards cares to input it. ;)

5) Tombstone's real name was Alex Tubbs.

I'm surprised that you know all these members of the Asesinos, who only appeared in the 4E Champions book, but not these details about them which were all included in that book. If I may ask, where did you find out about them? :confused:

Re: Need Help On Terror Incorprated, 5th Edition.

Originally posted by steriaca

I am trying to create a new version of Terror incorprated, and need some help.

1) Profesor Muorte: Did I spell his code name right? Also, what is his real name.

Muerte...essentially 'Professor Death or 'Professor Destruction'. Real name: Hernan Cortez.

2) Giganto: I also need his real name.

Unamed Argentinian Indian per Classic Enemies.

3) Spider Monkey: Yes, I am adding a few members of the Assaneos into the group (thay have always been a bit....chummie). What is the avrage height and weight of a Spider Monkey? How many levels of Shrinking would I have to base her size at?

Per Champs 4th edition, 2 levels of shrinking. No idea on the real world stuff.

4) The Dark Death: Thay do need a ninja. What does The Dark Death translate to in spanish? What does his 'new' name, The Dark Skull, translate to in spanish? What was his real name?

The Dark Death: El Muerto Obscuro

The Dark Skull: El Calavera Obscuro

5) The Tombstone Kid: Well, thay do need an energy blaster. Anyways, what was his real name, when he was a living being?

Per Champs 4th: "Over a hundred years ago, Alex "Tombstone" Tubbs was a small time gunfighter..."

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

I'm surprised that you know all these members of the Asesinos, who only appeared in the 4E Champions book, but not these details about them which were all included in that book. If I may ask, where did you find out about them? :confused:

I use to own a copy of the BBB (and that was the edition Champions was in when I discovered it). As for why I want to use some of the Asesinos into the new Terror Incorprated, I remember reading somewhere that thay had been using San Muerte as a hideaway of sorts.

As for what happened to the Asesino members I am not using...

Stalker: When Muerte took over and absorbed the Asesinos to his new Terror Incorprated, he had El Muerto Obscuro stake him, cut off his head, and left his body to turn to dust in the sunlight. Stalker's curent wearabouts are unknown.

Mosqueto: Basicly, I forgoten all about him. Basicly, he never existed in the 5th edition version of the group.

Osolate: Captered in a UNTIL raid. Curent wearabouts unknown.

The Main: Saved Profesor Muerte from drowning. Help Muerte upgrade his suite somewhat (hard to do considering that it is now fused to his skin). Was then captered in an UNTIL raid. THEN Spider Monkey snucked into the facilities, and killed The Main by cutting his neck.

Originally posted by winterhawk

Darn it Lord L, just beat me to it :P

Yeah, I've been taking Monolith's Speed Posting course. ;) But you did remember to include Marco Martiz's name, which I had overlooked, and you knew Spanish for "skull," so first isn't always best. :o

BTW, steriaca, if it matters, the Asesino cat man was "Ocelote" (pronounced OSS-ay-LAW-tay, again approximately).

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

BTW, steriaca, if it matters, the Asesino cat man was "Ocelote" (pronounced OSS-ay-LAW-tay, again approximately).

Thanks. By the way, who would you think would be the better cat person to place into the group, Panthera or Ocelote?

Thanks. By the way, who would you think would be the better cat person to place into the group, Panthera or Ocelote?

That all depends on style. Pantera can at least pass for human in certain circumstances. Ocelote is a cat-man, and there is no disguising that. If you want dangerous, you can't do much worse than Pantera: 2d6 HKAs which are 4d6 with STR added and a Find Weakness 14- with them! Never mind her SPD 7 & DEX 35...

The Ocelote had a (IMHO) cheesy 40 pt Limitation: Dependence 3d6/segement on his magical amulet. Yeah, he'd die if you removed it, but 1) you'd have to rip it off of him, 2) there is no reson to do that, as it isn't a Focus, and 3) unless you're playing Dark Champions, no one is even going to try.

Klytus makes a good case.

Ocelote's loyalty to the Asesinos was assured by his mystical nature, which was drawn to Stalker. That wouldn't be a factor with Prof. Muerte unless you changed his origin to be some type of genetic manipulation, which would match the Professor's demonstrated abilities.

Pantera's existing origin was always genetic engineering - you could make Prof. Muerte her "father" (although fatherhood didn't save her dad from Classic Organizations, Aldo Sanchietti). Besides, she's female, and the rest of your proposed Terror Inc. membership is decidedly Y-chromosome - you should have equal opportunity terrorists. ;)

Pantera's the one. Give her a "Boys from Brazil" type origin. It would fit in better with Nazis hiding in South America, than with some Italian scientist.

If I may be so bold, lose The Tombstone Kid. He doesn't fit in with the rest of the characters you've listed. Go for a gunslinger if you must, but a sniper/assassin type. I seem to recall a character called Jaeger from a 4th Edition supplement ("Challenges for Champions 2" is what's at the back of my mind). I think he had a sniper power and Jaeger is German for "hunter", so you've got your Nazi/South America tie in. I have no doubt someone will remeber him better and post more info.

Also, for a terrorist organisation, think about terror tactics. I always viewed Terror, Incorporated as like SPECTRE from the early James Bond films. By this I mean that their method may be terrorism, but their aim is power and money. Just my opinion. This means that the threat of mass destruction is more important than actually causing it (although maybe for smart terrorists that's always the way).

I am bringing this up because either way, perhaps the group needs a character with mass destructive powers which are showy. The main things I can think of are powers that cause horrific deaths (eg corrosive attacks, plagues that melt people, fire powers), methods of killing by stealth (poisons or diseases) and explosives.

My point is that people might not be terrified of being shot, but if the villains execute hostages by turning them into human torches, that's evil and scary. Blowtorch might be a good place to start for this kind of enemy, even if you alter his name and background.

Scorpia kind of filled the middle role, but her poisons were comic-book in earlier editions of the game. The threat of poison or plague in a reservoir or leaked into the Empire State Building would be interesting.

Explosions work because they are showy and can cause massive property damage as well as injury. Sadly, I don't need to give any examples of how deadly this can be as a terrorist weapon; it's all too common.

You could always have thugs with flamethrowers, chemical weapons engineers etc., rather than super powered foes. Don't forget that Terror, Incorporated had agents.

Originally posted by Crimson Arrow

If I may be so bold, lose The Tombstone Kid. He doesn't fit in with the rest of the characters you've listed. Go for a gunslinger if you must, but a sniper/assassin type. I seem to recall a character called Jaeger from a 4th Edition supplement ("Challenges for Champions 2" is what's at the back of my mind). I think he had a sniper power and Jaeger is German for "hunter", so you've got your Nazi/South America tie in. I have no doubt someone will remeber him better and post more info.

I agree with C.A. for Tomstone kid. IIRC Jaeger had light-based powers; invisibility, laser RKA or EB.

Maybe you could use a weaponmaster named El Gaucho or El Huaso (Chilian version of the gaucho), give him a gun or two and some trick-bolos (the archclassical : explosives, flashs, entangle is obvious, taser, etc...) as Prof. Muerte is a techie (i gues, i never saw his character sheet). He could be his supplier.

Originally posted by altamaros

IIRC Jaeger had light-based powers; invisibility, laser RKA or EB.

Yes, that rings a bell. I think I associated him with the Predator - invisible and picking off characters with a laser. It was quite a powerful one (3d6 RKA AP, or something), IIRC

Ideal for a terrorist group, but watch his power levels.

Originally posted by Acroyear

I think the ninja guy was originally called El Muerte Negro or something. He's had a couple name changes :)

Well, that was a misprint. By the way, the name translates to The Black Death (which is a better name than The Dark Death, but I think The Dark Skull sounds better).

As for the Tombstone Kid? Well, I agree that magic dosen't sute Terror Inc. I am writing him up anyways for my preposed Enimies E-Book ("Misfits, Mutants, And Monsters"). Along with The Lavader Fog.

As for Jaeger, I don't remember the guy. Unlike Tombstone Kid, which I do remember. Power suit and gunners all sorta look alike to me sometimes. Still, if I had more info on him (prehaps someone could give me a writup on him via e-mail?), I could decied for myself if he needs to be in Terror Inc.

And I have always decided on Pantera being the main cat woman for the group. I just wanted to know if you thought my choice was corect.

(Note to self: Got to rewrite what the Terror Inc. introduction anyways. Might as well send Tombstone Kid packing for that undead mage, as a main henchman for him. And I did add some neet new things to him, like a magical gatling gun and a magical scalping knife.)

Well, that was a misprint. By the way, the name translates to The Black Death (which is a better name than The Dark Death, but I think The Dark Skull sounds better).

He still had the name :)

Babelfish says it's La Muerte Negra, which I assume is neutral or feminine and was masculined up to El Muerte Negro?

I don't know spanish....but he still had the name for YEARS and is the name he's stuck with in my mind (because I never bothered buying Champs Deluxe where, say, Icicle is no more and such).

I also don't think it was a "misprint" I just think someone threw a stink over the word "negro" as insulting to those of african descent or something equally ignorant.

Misfits, Mutants, And Monsters

Originally posted by Rechan

What's this about the Minions, Mutants and Monsters book? :)

It is the curent pipe dream I am working on. Basicly, once I feal that I have basicly finished the 'wrougth draft' to it (about 50 to 60 villians...and it is starting to look like the later number than the earler one), I will give Steve an e-mail explaning it. Then, if he likes it, I will send him about 5 'sample' writeups or so and the introduction. If he loves it, I shall send him the rest of the book.

Like I said...It's a pipe dream. But I am still going to try. If something bad happens, I can always salvage it for a bunch of Digital Hero articals.

Re: Misfits, Mutants, And Monsters

It is the curent pipe dream I am working on. Basicly, once I feal that I have basicly finished the 'wrougth draft' to it (about 50 to 60 villians...and it is starting to look like the later number than the earler one), I will give Steve an e-mail explaning it. Then, if he likes it, I will send him about 5 'sample' writeups or so and the introduction. If he loves it, I shall send him the rest of the book.

Like I said...It's a pipe dream. But I am still going to try. If something bad happens, I can always salvage it for a bunch of Digital Hero articals.

If nothing, put it in a PDF and slap a two dollar price tag?

Are you going to be doing 'Muerte' and all the other Terror Inc, individuals? I came into this during 5th edition, so don't have my hands on Giganto or Muerte, either. I'd love them.

Re: Re: Need Help On Terror Incorprated, 5th Edition.

Originally posted by winterhawk

The Dark Death: El Muerto Obscuro

The Dark Skull: El Calavera Obscuro

A few nitpicks:

(1) The word for "death" is muerte, not muerto. Muerto means "dead".

(2) Technically, both muerte and calavera are feminine nouns - so the adjective should be obscura, not obscuro. (And, of course, the article should be la, not el, but I guess since it's a masculine character you can use the masculine article even though he's named after a feminine noun - hm, actually I'm not sure what the standard procedure is in such a case. You could skirt the issue by using different, masculine words for death and skull, like óbito and cráneo, but those are rarer words with slightly different connotations and don't have the same panache.)

How is MuertE feminine? O is masculine, and A is feminine.

I remember a FEW things from High School Spanish. ;)

Er... no offense, but there's apparently a lot you don't remember from high school Spanish, too.

Not all Spanish nouns end in O or A. Most Spanish nouns ending in consonants (such as reloj, clock) are masculine, and most Spanish nouns ending in vowels other than O (which includes muerte) are feminine. Yes, muerte is a feminine noun. You can look it up in a Spanish dictionary and check for yourself. In fact, here's its entry in one online Spanish dictionary. Note the f for feminine.

Incidentally, there are a lot of exceptions to the general rules, too. For example, mano (hand) is feminine, even though it ends in an O; tema (theme) is masculine, even though it ends in an A; and ciudad (city) is feminine, even though it ends in a consonant (the same is true of other words ending in -dad). So the old O masculine, A feminine rule doesn't always hold true even for words that do end in O or A.

[Edited because initially I wasn't thinking straight and used "agua" as an example of a masculine noun that ends in A, which is incorrect - "agua" is feminine but takes the masculine article]

But it's far less then what we have in English. :)

Er... how so? Considering we don't have a gender system for nouns in English, we can't very well have exceptions to it. And if you're talking about exceptions in other aspects of grammar, Spanish is chock full of them. There are loads of irregular verbs.

Now, I'll admit that the spelling in Spanish is definitely much more regular than English (though even there I've seen mistakes made with switching c's, z's, and s's, and omitting h's or inserting them where they don't belong), but as far as grammar it's not really clear that one language has more irregularities than the other...

I'm saying that Spanish just seems like a much more... simple language. Or atleast, the grammar is less... Complex then English?

Look at the tenses. First, Second, Third (singular), Third (Plural) and We. The endings all match with the other words involved. Where English has so many tense shiftings and can be quite confusing, not to mention double meaning words, etc etc.