New Teen Champions: Ravenswood Academy

Kirby

Re: New Teen Champions: Ravenswood Academy

I was kinda thinking of a sonic EBer whose powers manifest when his voice changes
I think Yiyth's character has sonic powers.

I'm playing the son of a supervillain who was sort of a fusion of the Joker (more Caesar Romero version than Satanic Mass Murderer version) and Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. The character is dextrous and strong, but not 'real brick' strong, can regenerate, alter his basic features, and wall crawl. Naturally, he has issues with being the son of a supervillain.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking Marvin Carr, Black Mask VI. My PC can be descended from Marvin's previously unmentioned sister. Ties, but no blood relation, to the other Black Masks.

So far the best canidate I've found for "Grandpa Britt" is Bill Jefferies, aka The Black Owl. Can you tell me more about Mr. X?

Mr. X is a reporter-by-day/masked-hero-by-night who fought organized crime figures in Millennium City in the 30s and 40s. Sound sorta familiar?

Just checked out the HeroCentral page again - We've got:

1. Enforcer's Superboyish character

2. McCoy's Pulpish Martial Artist

3. My Creeperish character

4. Hermit's teen boy with Invisible Woman style powers

5. Yiyth's wealthy sonic girl

6. Greg's genius gadgeteer

7. Bullseye's size changer/density manipulator

Kirby said he's keeping the published NPCs in our class so...

A winged boy

A wind manipulator

And one other I can't remember what they do

Ok' date=' how about a Telekenietic guy then? *ponders MP*[/quote'] Looks open. I would read Kirby's guidelines carefully. Either I'm reading them too strictly or there is going to be some revising on some characters (especially concerning skills).

My guess is that it's a good idea for him to let a few more in because, based on what I've seen lurking, it seems like a good number of early entries disappear fast from PBEMs.

Looks open. I would read Kirby's guidelines carefully. Either I'm reading them too strictly or there is going to be some revising on some characters (especially concerning skills).

My guess is that it's a good idea for him to let a few more in because, based on what I've seen lurking, it seems like a good number of early entries disappear fast from PBEMs.

Is the max cost of and entire MP 40? ie, 30pt MP with 3 u slots?

Yeah actually TK or a mentalist is a good idea.

I *think* the 40 point cap is on active points. So you can't have powers that exceed 40 active points. A 40 point multipower should be ok, with as many multi slots as you like, you just can't have more than 40 active points in any one of them.

Example: a 40 point EB, or a 20 point AoE EB, both have 40 active points, even if you then load a heap o' limitations on 'em, that's the most AP you can have.

I *just* submitted a homage to Biiko Daitokuji. She's a student from Japan, and a battlesuit user. No ranged EB, so she's basically a flying tank. I'm pretty proud of the way the homage turned out, but it might not be great for this campaingn, so I might be the first rejectee. I had fun makin' her up, and that's the important part :thumbup:

She has *no* powers with out battlesuit. But that's fine, because B-ko is a normal girl, so it's true to the original. She's super smart, has a lot of skills, wealthy, and is an inventor. I removed her gadget pool after I realized there was already one in the group.

I dunno. I would assume it's a 40 ap cap on the multipower proper' date=' not counting the number of slots.[/quote']

I'd think it was a 40 point cap on any particular slot, but you could have a larger pool than that. Or at least that's how I'd do it.

I was thinking about creating a character for this, but after toying with a couple of ideas I think I'll pass. I just can't work up any enthusiasm for characters that young. Fifteen or sixteen? Sure. Thirteen, fourteen? Not so much.

Why? Darned if I know--it's only a year or two. But it seems to make a difference when I try to come up with a background. Plus, I realized that I found that only 164 available points cramps my style.

Ah well. I'll lurk and see what everyone does with it. It looks like an interesting mix so far.

I'd think it was a 40 point cap on any particular slot' date=' but you could have a larger pool than that. Or at least that's how [b']I'd[/b] do it.

I was thinking about creating a character for this, but after toying with a couple of ideas I think I'll pass. I just can't work up any enthusiasm for characters that young. Fifteen or sixteen? Sure. Thirteen, fourteen? Not so much.

Why? Darned if I know--it's only a year or two. But it seems to make a difference when I try to come up with a background. Plus, I realized that I found that only 164 available points cramps my style.

Ah well. I'll lurk and see what everyone does with it. It looks like an interesting mix so far.

I think it's going to be tough for folks to really get into character in little ways that may likely be missed. I've looked at the dialogue from the other Teen Champions PBEM that's already up and running and I've noticed some pretty sophisticated language and very thoughtful forms of expression that seem a little odd for high school kids to be making.

I just want to play and Kirby is my style of player in that it's not about sex, ultra-violence, or pseudo-intellectualizing that quite a few gamers are into. Doesn't matter if it's teen or silver age or golden age or bronze age or low powered or high powered. I just want the "feel" to be within certain limits and he has expressed a similar viewpoint concerning some of those issues.

I just want to play and Kirby is my style of player in that it's not about sex' date=' ultra-violence, or pseudo-intellectualizing that quite a few gamers are into. [/quote']

Ah--that would explain my lack of enthusiasm. :D

No sex? No ultra-violence? No pseudo-intellectual posturing?

As the guy said about room-temperature fire, What's the POINT, man!?

But seriously--yeah, your concerns are valid. I think that's one of the reasons I discovered I didn't have any real ideas for a character. I'd want to try to play a fairly realistic young teenager, and the horrible truth is, I don't want to. I didn't like being one and I don't think it would be particularly entertaining to play one. Older teens, who are closer to adults in their thinking (maybe not a lot closer, but some) I could do. But at 13 or 14 they're really still just kids.

Ah--that would explain my lack of enthusiasm. :D

No sex? No ultra-violence? No pseudo-intellectual posturing?

As the guy said about room-temperature fire, What's the POINT, man!?

But seriously--yeah, your concerns are valid. I think that's one of the reasons I discovered I didn't have any real ideas for a character. I'd want to try to play a fairly realistic young teenager, and the horrible truth is, I don't want to. I didn't like being one and I don't think it would be particularly entertaining to play one. Older teens, who are closer to adults in their thinking (maybe not a lot closer, but some) I could do. But at 13 or 14 they're really still just kids.

It's a little weird. Hopefully, my background as a teacher will give me some insight. I've had college courses in Adolescent Psychology, Educational Psychology, and Psychology of the Exceptional Child and years of observation of the speech and thought processes of teenagers. I'm not sure how well I will do but I know the difference between adult speech and teen speech when I hear it.

Yoiks! I dither a bit while writing up my character and find a zillion others have been submitted. Sigh.

Well, hurry it up! :P With Sinanju saying he'll pass and Gojira sending his in, I think you and Mightbec are the last ones who have expressed interest in sending a character that hasn't. If I am correct on this, when your two come in, I'll stop accepting applications.

Well' date=' hurry it up! :P With Sinanju saying he'll pass and Gojira sending his in, I think you and Mightbec are the last ones who have expressed interest in sending a character that hasn't. If I am correct on this, when your two come in, I'll stop accepting applications.[/quote']

I'll try to pound him out tonight. :yes:

For some reason my character doesn't seem to be spontaneously leaping from the back of the envelope onto my computer. That tells me that I'm probably not going to be able to commit to the campaign.

Which is a shame, because it looks like a good game, and a superb group of players.

At least I've downloaded the demo version of HD now.

I'll try to pound him out tonight. :yes:

Alright, mister, pound him out quickly or else you can't come with us.

Wait. :eek:

(Let me know if you're still going to submit a character, otherwise, I'll close off the applications.)

Alright, mister, pound him out quickly or else you can't come with us.

Wait. :eek:

(Let me know if you're still going to submit a character, otherwise, I'll close off the applications.)

Sorry, finals took up more time than I thought. Go ahead and start without me and I'll keep an eye on how the campaign goes as a reader :)

• 3 weeks later...