Batman Begins: Batman

Nolgroth

Okay, inspired by the nice touchy feely arguments about Batman in this thread, I decided to try one of my few attempts at a superheroic character. This character is completely modelled off of the Batman Begins version of Batman. I have not nearly read enough of the Batman comics to even attempt to translate that/those version(s).

This is my very first try at a superhero character using 5th edition rules and my few 4th Edition Champions characters were rather generic and rarely played.

Just a few notes.

• I realize that this character is built along the same scale as regular superheroes and not the less powerful point scales suggested by the Dark Champions supplement. I just couldn't see any way to properly represent the character with fewer points.
  • I haven't modelled any bases or vehicles. I figure the Resource Pools are an excellent idea for that. There are a lot of gadgets that Batman uses in the movie only once (the periscope thingie and the booby trap for Flass for instance). I think those are excellent examples of the Resource Pool rules in action.
  • I picture this as the Batman character at the end of Batman Begins, hence the Hunteds and Contacts. Also I gave him a few experience to both round out his skills and to represent his accomplishments during the movie.

I was very surprised at how reasonable he came out. Other than a whole lot of resources, he is not much different in feel (or power level) than some of the Fantasy HERO characters I have created. That's not even counting the inflated Wheel of Time stuff I was working on a while back.

Please feel free to comment or critique the character. I think it came out well, but there may have been something I missed along the way. I also can't get the formatting right, but it hopefully won't be too hard to read. HERO Designer file attached.

[b]Batman - Bruce Wayne[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
[font=Lucida Console]18   STR    8   18    13-   HTH Damage 3 1/2d6  END [2]
21   DEX   36   21    13-   OCV 7 DCV 7
18   CON   16   18    13-
20   BODY  20   20    13-
15   INT    5   15    12-   PER Roll 12-
14   EGO    8   14    12-   ECV: 5
15   PRE    5   15    12-   PRE Attack: 3d6
14   COM    2   14    12-
8    PD     4   8/16        8/16 PD (0/8 rPD)
8    ED     4   8/16        8/16 ED (0/8 rED)
4    SPD    9   4           Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
10   REC    4   10
50   END    7   50
50   STUN  12   50
6    RUN    0   6"          END [1]
2    SWIM   0   2"          END [1]
4    LEAP   0   3 1/2"      3 1/2" forward, 1 1/2" upward
[/font]  
[b]CHA Cost: 140[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
[font=Lucida Console] 19    [b][i]Nomex Survival Suit[/i][/b]: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
60    [b][i]Gadget Pool[/i][/b]: Multipower, 60-point reserve - END=
1u     1)  [b][i]Bat Shaped Shuriken[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 3d6, 8 Recoverable Charges (+0) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Knockback (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) - END=[8 rc]
2u     2)  [b][i]Grenades[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, Semi-Armor Piercing (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (52 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) - END=[4]
1u     3)  [b][i]Magnetic Grapnel with 350# monofilament cable[/i][/b]: Swinging 8" (8 Active Points); OAF (-1), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) - END=1
1u     4)  [b][i]Memory Cloth Cape[/i][/b]: Gliding 8" (8 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) - END=1
1     Endurance Reserve  (20 END, 0 REC) Reserve:  (2 Active Points); 4 clips of 1 Charge (-1 1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=[1][/font]

[b]POWERS Cost: 85[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
[font=Lucida Console]5     Flying Grab:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 38 STR for holding on; FMove
3     Flying Tackle:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, 5 1/2d6 +v/5 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove
3     Legsweep:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 6 1/2d6 Strike, Target Falls
4     Martial Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4     Martial Disarm:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 38 STR to Disarm
4     Martial Strike:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 7 1/2d6 Strike
3     Martial Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 5 1/2d6 +v/5, Target Falls
4     Weapon Bind:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Bind, 38 STR
8     +2 HTH Damage Class(es)[/font]

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 38[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
[font=Lucida Console]3     Acrobatics 13-
3     Breakfall 13-
3     Bureaucratics 12-
3     Climbing 13-
3     Combat Driving 13-
3     Concealment 12-
3     Deduction 12-
5     Defense Maneuver I-II 
3     Disguise 12-
3     High Society 12-
3     Interrogation 12-
3     Inventor 12-
0     Language:  English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
2     Language:  Mandarin (fluent conversation)
3     Lockpicking 13-
3     Mechanics 12-
3     Parachuting 13-
3     Paramedics 12-
5     Rapid Attack (HTH) 
3     Shadowing 12-
20     +2 Overall
3     Stealth 13-
3     Streetwise 12-
3     Systems Operation (Communications Systems, Batmobile) 12-
8     WF:  Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Ninja Weapons, Off Hand, Staffs, Vehicle Weapons[/font]

[b]SKILLS Cost: 97[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
[font=Lucida Console]  15   Money:  Filthy Rich
 10   Advanced Tech
7    Contact:  Lt. Jim Gordon (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 13-
9    Contact:  Lucius Fox (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) 14-[/font]

[b]PERKS Cost: 41[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
[font=Lucida Console]5     Rapid Healing[/font]

[b]TALENTS Cost: 5[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
[font=Lucida Console]  10    Dependent NPC:  Alfred Penniworth 8- (Normal)
 5     Dependent NPC:  Rachel Dawes 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
 20    Hunted:  Gotham City Police Department 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Capture)
 10    Hunted:  Rhas al'Ghul 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
 10    Hunted:  Scarecrow 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
 20    Normal Characteristic Maxima
 15    Psychological Limitation:  Code vs. Killing (Common, Strong)
 5     Psychological Limitation:  Phobia of Bats (Uncommon, Moderate)
 20    Psychological Limitation:  Obsessed with Fighting Crime (Common, Total)
 20    Reputation:  Masked Vigilante, 14- (Extreme)
 15    Social Limitation:  Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)
[/font]  
[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Base Pts: 250
Exp Required: 6
Total Exp Available: 6
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 406

Re: Batman Begins: Batman

Hmmm..... I feel a pathological need to comment on anything done by Nolgroth :eek:

I could see arguments for either a 4 or 5 SPD. No problem there.

What did we see him do...

Freakish climbing ability

Nearly inhuman leaping (from the building to the fire escape among others)

Almost invisible when he wants to be.

Summon bats... lots of bats (bought as darkness to sight and sound)

His EGO was impressive. He had the presence of mind to function even when presented with mind altering substances, his personal terrors, and a lethal dose of a fear inducing toxin.

Those are things you might consider in your write up. The two things that are flat out missing from the write up are Vanishing Teleport and Luck. He pulls at least 3 Vanishing Teleports and the hand of fate blessed him a number of times (coming to the attention of Ras, leaping while on fire, Lucius, exact amonts of antivenom, meeting Gordon, and on and on).

Still, lest I be considered a nay sayer. Overall the write up is very good. The two overall levels are the math conscious method of solving a number of the issues with him but I don't feel they quite capture his ability.

Pretty good.

I agree he needs some Luck.

I'd also give him some more business related KS or PS (Burecratics is a good call, but I'd add High Finance or such), Criminology, maybe some AK of the far east and Gotham, maybe some language skills and KS related to martial arts.

However, different gamers like different levels of detail in a write up.

Hmmm..... I feel a pathological need to comment on anything done by Nolgroth :eek:
Well thanks....I think. :)

What did we see him do...

Freakish climbing ability

Nearly inhuman leaping (from the building to the fire escape among others)

Almost invisible when he wants to be.

Summon bats... lots of bats (bought as darkness to sight and sound)

His EGO was impressive. He had the presence of mind to function even when presented with mind altering substances, his personal terrors, and a lethal dose of a fear inducing toxin.

He did do all that and more. One of the goals I was reaching for was to create a player level character that stayed true to the concept as much as possible. Let's look at the individual points;
  • Freakish climbing ability. Considering the Everyman for Climbing to be 8-, I would say that 13- (15- with OSL) would be at least slightly Freakish. It could be higher and maybe even a Clinging based Super skill, though I think for our purposes it works out.
  • The leaping to the fire escape was also a running jump that carried him down almost as far as out. I agree that an inch or two of Leaping might have been appropriate.
  • Summon Bats. Resource Pool gadget. Could be added to the Utility Belt for only a few points. Duh! I have the Pool too high. I can shave a few points by dropping the Pool reserve to 55 points. Would give me a few extra to buy that extra Presence.
  • I do wish I could have added more EGO to him.

Those are things you might consider in your write up. The two things that are flat out missing from the write up are Vanishing Teleport and Luck. He pulls at least 3 Vanishing Teleports and the hand of fate blessed him a number of times (coming to the attention of Ras, leaping while on fire, Lucius, exact amonts of antivenom, meeting Gordon, and on and on).
I'm not sure about the Vanishing Teleport thing. Perhaps the incident on the docks where he used a lot of that Theatricality and Deception? In terms of the Luck, yeah, there is a certain amount of that evident. It could also be called GM Fiat and, for lack of a better term, the plot. I could see where the rationale for Luck might be, but the difference between Luck and plot driven devices are one of those hard sales to me. Something to definitely think about in any case.

Still, lest I be considered a nay sayer. Overall the write up is very good. The two overall levels are the math conscious method of solving a number of the issues with him but I don't feel they quite capture his ability.
Naysaying was the whole point of posting him anyway. :) The character, as written, could probably use some tweaks and that's why I posted him here. I flat out forgot the whole Presence thing that was mentioned in another post and that has to be corrected immediately.

Some of the abilities that are on the sheet remain at a level that is probably less than ideal. Being that I was trying to make him as close to a starting version as possible, I am having a real hard time justifying adding anymore points to him.

I remain unconvinced that he requires any Luck. In many ways, he made his own Luck by being inventive and just one tough SOB. He took a lot of pounding in that movie, from the prison gang to being pulled through an overhang while trying to get up to the tram. Some of the story elements look like Luck and could even be bought that way

Thank you for posting your critique. I do disagree on some points and agree in principle on other points. If I had just a few more points, I could probably make him picture perfect. Some things just need to be changed, like the extra Presence in Hero ID. Seeing where I can chop a few points, I'm going to make that happen. Heck, if you think that the Rapid Healing talent is too much, you could exchange that for a die of Luck. That would at least satisfy a little bit of your specifically addressed concerns. It would make him less able to spring back to action, but probably be more realistic (for all that's worth).

My one comment on it is that you're forgetting the whole reason for the cowl and outfit: To strike fear.

I'd give him another 10 PRE, OIHID.

Other than that, looks respectable.

Thanks for pointing that out. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am going to shave a few of the extra points off the multipower reserve to pay for that.

Pretty good.
Thanks

I'd also give him some more business related KS or PS (Burecratics is a good call, but I'd add High Finance or such), Criminology, maybe some AK of the far east and Gotham, maybe some language skills and KS related to martial arts.

However, different gamers like different levels of detail in a write up.

Some of those skills are ones I wanted to give him. I guessed at which Chinese language he used since I have no real functional knowledge of Chinese. It could have been Cantonese or something else entirely. I also wanted to give him Bugging. One of those judgement calls to get the character at a comfortable level to represent a starting character was to make some sacrifices.

Overall, very well done! :thumbup:

Two things I'd add:

1) I'd build the bat-shuriken as 1d6 RKA. They clearly are sharp.

2) You've got to design his Batmobile before you can call him complete. Of course, it's fairly tame in Batman Begins compared to other movies or the comics. The only new thing was the jet-assisted jumping.

Repped. :)

After reading some of the excellent suggestions (thanks Eosin and Oddhat) I made a few changes that will hopefully reflect the character better. I removed the High Tech perk. It stands to reason and is almost a genre convention that the heroes have access to better tech. I also realized that I forgot to add Only in Heroic Identity to the Multipower. As a result, I was able to boost a few of the areas that were cited as being weak. In particular, I went ahead and added Luck, a CK of Gotham and a PS: High Finance. I also boosted the EGO a little bit higher than it was.

To Master Trebuchet, the Batmobile is coming. I just have to read up on the rules a bit to get the gist of vehicle building. Some guys just have that ability come a little easier. Here is the revised version of the character. I'm going to leave the original one above for comparison.

[b]Batman - Bruce Wayne[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
18    STR     8   18      13-       HTH Damage 3 1/2d6  END [2]
21    DEX     36   21      13-       OCV 7 DCV 7
18    CON     16   18      13-
20    BODY    20   20      13-
15    INT     5   15      12-       PER Roll 12-
18    EGO     16   18      13-       ECV: 6
25    PRE     5   25      14-       PRE Attack: 5d6
14    COM     2   14      12-
8    PD      4   8/16             8/16 PD (0/8 rPD)
8    ED      4   8/16             8/16 ED (0/8 rED)
4    SPD     9   4                 Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
10    REC     4   10
50    END     7   50
50    STUN    12   50
6    RUN      0   6"                END [1]
2    SWIM     0   2"                END [1]
4    LEAP     0   3 1/2"                3 1/2" forward, 1 1/2" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 148[/b]

19     [b][i]Nomex Survival Suit[/i][/b]: Armor (8 PD/8 ED) (24 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=0
8     +10 PRE (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=
5     Luck 1d6 - END=0
42     [b][i]Gadget Pool[/i][/b]: Multipower, 52-point reserve,  (52 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=
1u     1)  [b][i]Bat Shaped Shuriken[/i][/b]: Energy Blast 3d6, 8 Recoverable Charges (+0) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Knockback (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) - END=[8 rc]
1u     2)  [b][i]Sharpened Bat Shuriken[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, 8 Recoverable Charges (+0) (15 Active Points); OAF (-1), No Knockback (-1/4), Range Based On Strength (-1/4) - END=[8 rc]
2u     3)  [b][i]Grenades[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6, Semi-Armor Piercing (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (52 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), Range Based On Strength (-1/4), Real Weapon (-1/4) - END=[4]
1u     4)  [b][i]Magnetic Grapnel with 350# monofilament cable[/i][/b]: Swinging 8" (8 Active Points); OAF (-1), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4) - END=1
1u     5)  [b][i]Memory Cloth Cape[/i][/b]: Gliding 8" (8 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) - END=1
1     Endurance Reserve  (20 END, 0 REC) Reserve:  (2 Active Points); 4 clips of 1 Charge (-1 1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) - END=[1]

[b]POWERS Cost: 81[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]MARTIAL ARTS[/u][/b]
5      Flying Grab:  1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 38 STR for holding on; FMove
3      Flying Tackle:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, 5 1/2d6 +v/5 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove
3      Legsweep:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 6 1/2d6 Strike, Target Falls
4      Martial Block:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4      Martial Disarm:  1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 38 STR to Disarm
4      Martial Strike:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 7 1/2d6 Strike
3      Martial Throw:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +1 DCV, 5 1/2d6 +v/5, Target Falls
4      Weapon Bind:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Bind, 38 STR
8      +2 HTH Damage Class(es)
1      Weapon Element: Blades

[b]MARTIAL ARTS Cost: 38[/b]

3      Acrobatics 13-
3      Breakfall 13-
3      Bureaucratics 14-
3      CK: Gotham City 12-
3      Climbing 13-
3      Combat Driving 13-
3      Concealment 12-
3      Deduction 12-
5      Defense Maneuver I-II 
3      Disguise 12-
3      High Society 14-
3      Interrogation 14-
3      Inventor 12-
0      Language:  English (idiomatic; literate) (5 Active Points)
2      Language:  Mandarin (fluent conversation)
3      Lockpicking 13-
3      Mechanics 12-
3      Parachuting 13-
3      Paramedics 12-
3      PS: High Finance 12-
5      Rapid Attack (HTH) 
3      Shadowing 12-
20      +2 Overall
3      Stealth 13-
3      Streetwise 14-
3      Systems Operation (Communications Systems, Batmobile) 12-
8      WF:  Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons, Ninja Weapons, Off Hand, Staffs, Vehicle Weapons

[b]SKILLS Cost: 103[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
15      Money:  Filthy Rich
6      Contact:  Lt. Jim Gordon (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) 12-
9      Contact:  Lucius Fox (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) 14-

[b]PERKS Cost: 31[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
5      Rapid Healing

[b]TALENTS Cost: 5[/b]
10     Dependent NPC:  Alfred Penniworth 8- (Normal)
5     Dependent NPC:  Rachel Dawes 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
20     Hunted:  Gotham City Police Department 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Limited Geographical Area, Capture)
10     Hunted:  Rhas al'Ghul 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
10     Hunted:  Scarecrow 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)
20     Normal Characteristic Maxima
15     Psychological Limitation:  Code vs. Killing (Common, Strong)
5     Psychological Limitation:  Phobia of Bats (Uncommon, Moderate)
20     Psychological Limitation:  Obsessed with Fighting Crime (Common, Total)
20     Reputation:  Masked Vigilante, 14- (Extreme)
15     Social Limitation:  Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]

Exp Required: 6
Total Exp Available: 6
Total Character Cost: 406

Crap... he beat me to it.

Well, I'll still take a swing at him later (and the movie Spider-man). 'sides, I'm getting ready to re-read all of my Conan to create the definitive Cimmerian.

And you're always welcome to post this version to your site if you like. I did him as an experiment and am rather pleased that there was both a little praise and a little criticism.

And you're always welcome to post this version to your site if you like. I did him as an experiment and am rather pleased that there was both a little praise and a little criticism.

Can you send me an rtf? I can't read HDC files.

His Martial Arts is lacking the "Use Art With Blades" element.

He may not do it as Batman, but he proved he could use a sword earlier.

Hurm, you are correct. Thought I punched that in there. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.....

.....there. Dropped the Jim Gordon contact to 12- and added the Blades element to the martial art.

Here is a preliminary write-up of the Tumbler/Batmobile. Now this is where I am in uncharted territory, considering that I don't remember ever constructing a vehicle. Any feedback would really be appreciated.

EDIT: Per Trebuchet's suggestions, added the missiles. That drove the cost way up, so I did some editing on some of the other systems and added a couple of additional Disadvantages to help save costs. Replaced the HDC file with a ZIP file containing both Batman and the Batmobile, as written, in both HDC and RTF format.

[b]Tumbler/Batmobile - [/b]

30    STR     -5   30      15-       HTH Damage 6d6  END [3]
20    DEX     30   20      13-       OCV 7 DCV 4
15    BODY    0   15      12-
5    SPD     20   5                 Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
36    RUN      0   36"                END [0]
0    SWIM     -2   0"                END [0]
30    LEAP     0   30"                30" forward, 0" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 80[/b]

24     [b][i]Motorized Wheeled Vehicle[/i][/b]: Ground Movement +30" (36" total), x4 Noncombat, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 6 Hours (+0) (65 Active Points); OAF - Tires Bulky (-1 1/2), Only On Appropriate Terrain (-1/4) - END=
13     [b][i]Advanced Locks[/i][/b]: Lockpicking 18- - END=
21     [b][i]Advanced Security System[/i][/b]: Security Systems 18- - END=
14     [b][i]Armor Panels[/i][/b]: +6 DEF (18 Active Points); Does not protect Windshield and Windows (-1/4) - END=
12     Leaping +30" (30" forward, 0" upward) (Accurate) (35 Active Points); Forward Movement Only (-1), Requires a Combat Driving Skill Roll (-1/2), no Noncombat movement (-1/4), Cannot Move Backwards (-1/4) - END=
5     [b][i]Communications Systems[/i][/b]: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1), Sense Affected As More Than One Sense Sight and Hearing as well as Radio Group (-1/2) - END=0
10     [b][i]Hermetically Sealed with Oxygen Supply[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Self-Contained Breathing) - END=0
22     [b][i]Land Mines[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; +1/4), Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Double Knockback (+3/4) (101 Active Points); Limited Arc Of Fire (One hex row behind vehicle; Only on same horizontal level; -1), OIF Bulky (-1), 4 clips of 3 Charges (-3/4), Cannot Use Targeting (-1/2), Reduced Penetration (-1/4) - END=[3]
60     [b][i]Forward Firing Missiles[/i][/b]: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6, Explosion (+1/2), Autofire (2 shots; +1 1/4) (165 Active Points); 4 clips of 2 Charges (-1), Limited Arc Of Fire (60 degrees; Only on same horizontal level; -3/4) - END=[2]
5     [b][i]Reinforced Tires[/i][/b]: 5 DEF, 5 Body (5 Active Points) - END=0
2     [b][i]Six Tires[/i][/b]: 2 additional tires (2 Active Points) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 188[/b]

2      [i]Navigational Computer[/i]: AK: Gotham City and Nearby Environs 11-
3      [i]Superb Handling[/i][i]: [/i]Defense Maneuver I-II (5 Active Points); Requires a Combat Driving Skill Roll (-1/2) 
8      [i]Superb Handling[/i][i]: [/i]+4 with Ground Movement
10    [i]Targeting Computer[/i]:+2 with Ranged Combat

[b]SKILLS Cost: 23[/b]

15     Distinctive Features:  (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15     Physical Limitation:  Unique vehicle that requires specially tooled parts to repair.  Obtaining parts and repairing vehicle takes longer than other vehicles.  GM discretion on how long the vehicle is out of play when wrecked or otherwise rendered inoperable, (Infrequently, Fully Impairing)
10     Social Limitation:  Unlicensed nor a street approved vehicle.  Subject to being towed and impounded. (Occasionally, Major)

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 40[/b]

Exp Required: 1
Total Exp Available: 0
Total Character Cost: 291

Nice. You forgot the missiles used to blow through the parking garage wall and later to knock down the elevated train tower. I'd make those about a 4d6 RKA. And it also had "bomb caltrops" he dropped during the police chase.

One question: Have you figured out how fast 57" X4 NCM is in miles per hour? It's 547 kilometers per hour, or about 328 MPH. That may be a bit faster than you need. I didn't notice him outrunning the police; he outmaneuvered 'em. :D

One question: Have you figured out how fast 57" X4 NCM is in miles per hour? It's 547 kilometers per hour' date=' or about 328 MPH. That may be a bit faster than you need. I didn't notice him outrunning the police; he outmaneuvered 'em. :D[/quote']

Well, he was on a rather cramped and crowded city highway. OTOH, I don't see the Tumbler doing 328, either.

Nice. You forgot the missiles used to blow through the parking garage wall and later to knock down the elevated train tower. I'd make those about a 4d6 RKA. And it also had "bomb caltrops" he dropped during the police chase.

One question: Have you figured out how fast 57" X4 NCM is in miles per hour? It's 547 kilometers per hour, or about 328 MPH. That may be a bit faster than you need. I didn't notice him outrunning the police; he outmaneuvered 'em. :D

Doh! The mines were the "bomb caltrops" but I did forget the missiles. The 57" is only for when the booster jets are going. Otherwise it is 40" x4 NCM. Gonna have to fix the rest though.

EDIT: Did some changes. See the edited Batmobile entry above.

Great work on the character so far! Only one thing I can nitpick is the lack of the batcave as a base. Otherwise, this is fantastic work for a self-styled "dabbler" in the superheroics field. If possible, consider yourself repped. :)

Mat "Yeah-I-loved-the-movie-too" Frisbee

Well, the Batcave was rather dull as far as bases go. A few strung up lights, a table and an elevator. I can't wait to see what "improvements" they do to the Southeast corner of the foundations in the next movie, which isn't due out until 2008 sometime.

If you have the 2 Disc DVD set, watch the special feature about how they built Gotham City. It has a section on how they built the bat cave and the whole thing is ultimately as cool as it gets in studio design work.

I may actually try to build the bat cave, but I would want to also build Wayne Manor and that's where things get into the obsessive compulsive arena. I would want to map out the whole thing and I am not the best architectural mapper. Crap! Now I do want to take a crack at it and I don't even have anything that resembles the original floorplan. You see obsessive compulsive. Look what you stirred up! ;)

And to liking the movie, yeah you could say that; considering I watch the darn thing every few days. I love the interplay between Ducard and Bruce Wayne in the beginning of the film. At that juncture, I find myself agreeing with Ducard. It's after the initiation scene, where Bruce advocates compasion as the difference between those who would fight monsters and the monsters themselves that shifted the balance.

Incidentally, I think Christrian Bale does a great job balancing the anger of the Batman character with that very compassion. I love the fight scenes where he pounces on people. You can see that the anger is controlled, but very present. It's like another aspect of the costume. It allows him to unleash the beast just a little.

This may seem like a dumb question, but why is Autofire 2 Shots a +1¼ Advantage? My Hero Designer v2 shows it as only a +¼. I think you may have badly overcosted the missiles.

I agree that in the first movie the Batcave is little more than a hidden garage. It doesn't yet have any of the gizmos that justify buying it as a base.