VIPER vs UNTIL: Who has the best toys?

Boll Weevil

I am playing a character who was kicked out of UNTIL and joined VIPER. It could happen! I am curious, as my character completes his VIPER weapons training how VIPER weapons and general technology compares to UNTIL's.

I have both books but the volume of information is making my tiny head hurt.

Besides comparing apples to apples from the Weapons sections, I wonder if there is an overall, deliberate model for comparing these two organizations. Thoughts?

As a matter of clarification, the size of my head is not tiny, only the gray stuff contained therein.

Re: VIPER vs UNTIL: Who has the best toys?

Like Chuck said, it depends on whether you mean raw firepower or noncombat tech. By its very natural, VIPER is geared more towards the "breaking things and killing people" end of the spectrum where as UNTIL's bread and butter is more along the lines of investigations, rescue ops, and like.

Hmm. That's helpful. So at the shooting range, having previously trained with UNTIL blasters, he would probably be impressed with the VIPER weapons. If nothing else but by the kaboom factor. Works for me. He probably wasn't trained with some of UNTIL's non-combat toys.

EDIT: Boll weevil types like an amputee.

My own experience with the published write-ups is that UNTIL will usually triumph and their equipment is just slightly better. It makes sense when you think about it too. UNTIL is superior but VIPER could strike anywhere at anytime and UNTIL can't be everywhere all the time. Locally VIPER will send in a concentrated strike with men and equipment and until UNTIL has time to bring in backup they will find themselves out numbered and out gunned.

VIPER knows this too. So unless they really have to take and hold a location they'll do lightning strikes, counting on their surperiority to hold until they have acomplished their goal. By the time the UNTIL heavies show up VIPER has already evacuated the area. In those instances where UNTIL has time to marshal enough force VIPER is in real trouble.

UNTIL would be much more adverse to agent casualties and collateral damage than VIPER. I would expect UNTIL to have slightly better protective gear and a wider variety of non-lethal weapons, while VIPER is going to have more autofire and area effect weapons and fewer safety precautuons on their equipment.

I think UNTIL has more attractive female agents.

not that that has anything to do with this subject.

;)

On a more serious note, I agree that VIPER seems more willing to risk its agents with experimental tech used on the field, though that no doubt varies from Nest to Nest.

;)

Sure it does! The guy wanted opinions on the differences between Viper and UNTIL equipment!!!!!

That counts!

How do you think the troopers "measure up?"

In terms of combat prowess.... I mean....................:nonp:

VIPER uses more KA weapons. UNTIL relies more heavily on EB and normal damage weapons. UNTIL generally has slightly better protective gear. In a stand up fight the RKA of VIPER are lethal to non-armored opponents.

VIPER weapons are not as effective against the armored UNTIL Agents. UNTIL weapons, being mostly EBs, are better at getting STUN through VIPER armor. End result is that in a stand up fight, agent vs. agent. A few UNTIL agents are seriously hurt but most all of the VIPER agents are knocked out and captured.

;)

On a more serious note, I agree that VIPER seems more willing to risk its agents with experimental tech used on the field, though that no doubt varies from Nest to Nest.

But the VIPER agents are more likely to put out.