Help me design the Silver Belles

Hermit

Re: Help me design the Silver Belles

Some Thoughts:

Silver Belles (definitely has a holiday theme)

Star - Star is the leader of the group and the most serious. A stiking, sophisticate who can channel light rays.

Secret ID: Well known socialite

Powers: Flight, Energy Beams, Light Images

Holly - Holly has little trust for people and especially men. She is extremely moody, but the more she pouts, the more attractive she becomes. Holly can accelerate the growth of vegetation.

Secret ID: Florist (of course)

Powers (require plantlife): Entangle, Telekinesis (limbs/vines strike targets), Force Wall

Garland - Garland is the most outgoing and tends to be friendly and naive to a fault. She is also quite stunning, so her teammates are often getting her out of the tough situations she has fallen into. When upset though, Garland can cross short dimensional distances and can occupy the same space as someone (although she finds the experience quite disgusting, "Ugh, they had extra onions for lunch).

Secret ID: Struggling model/actress

Power: Teleport, NND attack (teleport into same space), Healing/Regeneration (teleport into same space)

Bow - Bow is an extremely flexible and an uninhibited free spirit of the highest order. She has advanced training in an unusual style of martial arts. Bow cannot refuse a challenge.

Secret ID: Shy librarian

Powers: Limited Stretching, Contortionist, Martial Arts (mostly based around grabs and throws), Acrobatics

Mistletoe - Mistletoe is just plain fast in more ways than one. She has a strong desire to kiss any man she encounters, friend or foe, often stealing that kiss before they know what is going on. Petite and lovely, Mistletoe is the most girlish member of the team often leaving behind a trail of laughter as she moves to see what's around the next corner.

Secret ID: Wedding Coordinator

Powers: High Speed, Running (likes to do multiple Move-Bys or attacks with extra Knock Back), Stealth, Concealment

OK - so there's my rough draft of a five member semi-serious heroine team with lots of feminine power.

Which part knocks them out: the bimbo part or the attractive part?

Besides, he did say they transformed from the Golden Girls to the beautiful Silver Belles.

hehe... I still find it funny.

The bimbo part, completely.

The attractive part - we're talking Billy Batson to Captain Marvel level transformation here, except in reverse age-wise...

Well, some of the ideas I've recieved I'm chopping up brutally and frankensteining with other ideas. As it stands, I currently have (in various states of construction)

Sterling- Powered Armor type

Sphere- Telekinetic with odd alien orbs at her command

Quicksilver- Metamorph made of liquid metal (Yes, I know folks wanted it for a speedster but I didn't want Marvel to sue. I liked the name Mercurial as well, but thought I'd go with Quicksilver as it went with the 'silver' theme a bit more obviously. Ironically enough, I had just made a robot with similar powers for HC with the same name)

Chrome- Brick

I may go using the name Lady Argent for a mystic rather than a martial artist.

You do realise that at least one of the heroines must have a disad that sets off every time someone says 'Mary Mary quite contrary...'

One should have Druidic powers limited to the creation of things that you could find in a garden.

One should have cockle shells

And another should have agents called the Pretty Maids who always stand in a row.

Even though it looks like you have your names, here's a few I thought I'd suggest:

Southern Belle or Southern Miss

Liberty Belle

Blonde Bombshell

Babe Ruth - "Don't call me 'Ruth the Babe'!"

Fire - (Redhead) "The next guy who says 'Red on the head, fire in the bed' is going to get it!"

Lesbos - well, just because. ;)

A FYI that might spark ideas: "platinum" comes from the Spanish word platina which is the diminutive of plata, which means "silver."

Platinum is very resistant to corrosion, has a high melting point, and (ground to powder) is perhaps the best known catalyst. Make of that what you will. ;)

Bump' date=' and wondering if this is still being put together as a group of characters?[/quote']

Yeah, though it has been on the back burner since other things came up (Blame Snake Ghandi). I haven't gotten the backgrounds written up the way I like yet and don't have those ready for posting, but I'll go ahead and post one character sheet for Sphere and maybe a pic.

Sphere, btw, was a mutant telekinetic who often accompanied her archeoligist father on his trips using her powers to reach in and grab things dad sometimes had a hard time reaching (once she got enough control that is). When ancient Malvan weapons once used to hunt the Elder Wyrm were found by the duo, she attempted to pick them up with her TK and the resulting mix of psychic energies and alien tech merged the silver spheres into her body. In heroic id, the silver spheres whirl and float about her constantly.

Sphere is unaware of the purpose of the weapons, it will be quite the surprise to her when (not if) she encounters the slug, and she feels the over powering urge to kill him.

While Sphere IS legal, her choice of pigtails in costume and her youthful mannerisms make some guys worry they might be oggling jailbat. More seriously, because she can't prove she's over 18 without risking her secret Identity, she has other obstacles to face when it comes to chasing villains into nightclubs etc. :)

I don't consider it quite a finished product yet.

If I could draw, I would have. Instead, Hero machine and a few touches worked together for the pic.

Sphere

Sphere

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

13 STR 3 12- Lift 151.6kg; 2 1/2d6 HTH damage [1]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

23 CON 26 14-

10 BODY 0 11-

14 INT 4 12- PER Roll 12-

14 EGO 8 12- ECV: 5

18 PRE 8 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

20 COM 5 13-

6 PD 3 Total: 6/17 PD (5/16 rPD)

6 ED 1 Total: 6/17 ED (5/16 rED)

6 SPD 30 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

8 REC 0

46 END 0

29 STUN 0 Total Characteristics Cost: 118

Movement:Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 2 1/2"/5"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Flight: 15"/30"

Cost Powers END

40 Innate TK: Telekinesis (20 STR), Fine Manipulation 4

50 Spheres: Multipower, 62-point reserve, (62 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

5u 1) Entrapping Rings I: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 6

5u 2) Entrapping Rings II: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Backlash (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 6

5u 3) Entrapping Rings III: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF (Stops A Given Sense Group Sight Group) (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 6

5u 4) Expanding Sphere: Energy Blast 8d6, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 6

5u 5) Smashing Sphere: Energy Blast 8d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 6

5u 6) Sneaky Sphere: Energy Blast 7d6, Indirect (Any origin, any direction; +3/4) (61 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 6

16 The Orbs of Malva: Elemental Control, 40-point powers, (20 Active Points); all slots Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

24 1) Protective Orb: Force Wall (8 PD/8 ED/5 Flash Defense: Sight Group; 2" long and 2" tall) (57 Active Points); Restricted Shape (-1/4), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 6

16 2) Shielding Sphere: Force Field (11 PD/11 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (40 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 3

20 3) Flying Disc: Flight 15", Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2) (45 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 4

5 Mutant Physiology: Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED) 0

10 Mutant Physiology II: Power Defense (10 points) 0

Skills

3 Climbing 13-

3 KS: History 12-

3 PS: Archeologist 12-

3 SS: Archeology 12-

1 Language: Arabic (English is native) (basic conversation)

1 Language: Burmese (basic conversation)

1 Language: Spanish (basic conversation)

3 Traveler

1 1) AK: Burma (2 Active Points) 11-

1 2) AK: Egypt (2 Active Points) 11-

1 3) AK: Peru (2 Active Points) 11-

Total Powers & Skills Cost: 232

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

10 Accidental Change: to heroic ID In the presence of Elder Wyrms, their minions, etc 11- (Uncommon)

10 Dependent NPC: Boyfriend this month 8- (Normal)

5 Dependent NPC: Professor Reynold P. Hitchens (Father) 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)

5 Distinctive Features: Bearer of ancient Malvan Weapons (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable Only By Small Group)

5 Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

15 Enraged: When faced with Elder Wyrms, their minions, or works (Uncommon), go 11-, recover 11-

5 Hunted: Firewing 8- (Mo Pow, Watching)

15 Hunted: The Slug 8- (Mo Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Hunted: Talisman 8- (As Pow, Harshly Punish)

10 Psychological Limitation: Indy was right, snakes suck! (Uncommon, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Innocents (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Spunky and full of Pluck (Very Common, Moderate)

5 Reputation: "Jailbait superheroine", 8-

15 Social Limitation: Jennifer Lee Hitchens (Frequently, Major)

5 Social Limitation: Youthful appearance, and mannerisms, comes across as slightly younger than she is (Occasionally, Minor)

5 Unluck: 1d6

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

• 2 weeks later...