Help me design the Silver Belles

Hermit

Short version of explaination. I posted a meaningless christmas poll a while back elsewhere on the boards. One of the meaningless options was Silver Belles would be a great name for a sexy super heroine team

It was a moment of whimsy, but it actually did well in the poll (mmm, given the fact most us on board seem to be straight males, I wonder why?) but now the darn thing is nagging at my mind. I think I'd like to make them, if only as an NPC group PC groups might interact with.

I'm only in the basic stages of what idea I have

1. All members are attractive women who must have some degree of sex appeal though they are not cookie cutter. While a bit of humor is intended, I don't picture any of them as bimbos.

2. There are no more than seven of them, no less than four.

3. The team formed originally when the founding superheroines came across the same supercrime in progress, and the press noted they all had the color silver in their costume and assumed they were a team. It was the press who dubbed them thusly.

4. I picture them as having a base of operations and a team vehicle or group transport of some sort. In many ways, they are a 'typical' team set up.

5. While not all the ladies are Southern, the team is based most often in the South Eastern U.S.

At this point, I'm just looking for ideas/concepts for individual members that I can expand on and develop into full NPCs. Maybe then I can get this idea out of my head. I can't promise I'd use every idea as given, but I am hoping to draw some inspiration from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Help me design the Silver Belles

Sterling - British transplant to the American South, Sylvia Tannenbaum is the founder of the up-and-coming high tech firm Tannenbaum Technologies. After one too many raids by supervillains on her company, she developed the STERLING armor to aid in its defense, as well as becoming a hero for society at large. In battle, her features are concealed beneath the armor's helmet, but she is publicly known to be Sterling and gives her interviews, etc. without the helmet.

Quote: "Ah, drat. I fancy we'll have to give them a proper drubbing then?"

The only name I can come up with at the moment is Sphere.

A Telekinetic who controls a series a silver spheres that she can morph to various effects.

One expands to a series of bands that entangle a target.

A strait ranged smack with one or more spheres.

flattening one to a disc for flight...

I doubt it's original by any means bit it struck my as kind of cool. I keep meanign to design a Super who uses free floating spheres as an SFX.

Supreme Serpent- Thanks. I have a team called the Sterling Ring (Public super heroes with the last name Sterling) but there's no reason an idependent heroine can't have Sterling as her name, and it works.

Ghost Angel- I like the SFX too. Good visual

Consider them both gratefully taken for further development and thank you.

Argent' date=' a silver-tressed Swedish MA with Find Weakness on a 20- who specializes in breaking Bricks and other high-DEF opponents.[/quote']

Interesting. Might cause confusion with ARGENT the evil organization (I should have mentioned I'm mostly going with 5th Ed) but it any excuse for hunteds is good.

Note to all: I think we now have enough non Americans on the team ;) Thanks

Silver Bullet, gunsliger.

Long Joan Silver, metamorph.

Quick Silver, speedster.

Silver Spur, shuriken-tossing martial artist.

Silver Springs, a jack-in-the-box style bouncer.

Silver Screen, force wall-based telekinetic.

Silver Tongue, sonic blaster.

Silver Streak, we don't talk about her in mixed company...

Here are a few ideas; hope they help, original or not. And probably these names have been used somewhere else, but not to my limited knowledge anyway.

Chrome: Basically a female version of the X-man Collossus

Silk: Female version of Spiderman with less STR but more versatile web powers (favorite is a silken whip coupled with Martial Arts choke manuver). Costume is black trimmed with silver.

Glare: Light-based mutant specializing in Flash attacks (favorite is a continuous uncontrollable AVLD - Flash Def that runs as long at victim is blinded by the linked Flash attack). She wears mirrored sunglasses (or mask) to protect herself from her own powers.

We will all want to see the final write-ups of course :)

"The fiction in her family was that she was never nice.

I'd say she was very, I just did not see the price." - S. Vega

Silver Bullet, gunsliger.

Long Joan Silver, metamorph.

Quick Silver, speedster.

Silver Spur, shuriken-tossing martial artist.

Silver Springs, a jack-in-the-box style bouncer.

Silver Screen, force wall-based telekinetic.

Silver Tongue, sonic blaster.

Silver Streak, we don't talk about her in mixed company...

Now that is a theme team :)

Still, in fairness to the others, I may just borrow one or two of these only.

But which ones... mmmm..

Thanks btw :)

We will all want to see the final write-ups of course :)

Thanks. I hope to crank them out on HD and post them here...

of course, then everyone will say "You did it wrong" or "That's not how I envisioned her at all!" and I'll go slink back into my hole, my fragile ego crushed and my Dr. Pepper addiction will get worse... they'll make a "Where is he now?" episode on VH1 for me...

It won't be pretty ;)

of course, then everyone will say "You did it wrong" or "That's not how I envisioned her at all!" and I'll go slink back into my hole, my fragile ego crushed and my Dr. Pepper addiction will get worse... they'll make a "Where is he now?" episode on VH1 for me...

It won't be pretty ;)

Well you know I left mine so open ended I couldn't possibly see you "doing it wrong" ... but if the end result is a DP Addiction and a VH1 Special:

WHAT!!! YOU DID IT ALL WRONG! THAT'S NOT IT AT ALL!!

oh.. I supposed to wait until After the write up was posted? oops....

Silver Fox -- this was a PC in a game years ago. She was one of those super-agenttypes -- body armor, blaster pistol, martial arts, and the like. Of course, the name is useable with just about any character type, although I like to think it lends itself more to martial artists types myself.

Guest Suleyman Rashid

Silversmith: A cross between Collossus and the T-1000 in that she can transform into a liquid silver metal and then manipulate her form as needed.

It won't be pretty ;)

With the scene of you trying to teach me fence sitting no doubt! I should never have let them film that!

Belle:

Team leader and spokeswoman. Friendly, cheerful, outgoing, no skeletons-in-the-closet.

Vibratory/sonic powers, got her codename when she shook apart a robot by causing it to shake itself to pieces--by the end of it, the robot was rattling so hard it sounded like a church bell.

I'd give them more of a Christmas theme, after the song--

"Silver Bells--Silver Bells--It's Christmas Time In The City--

Think of them as the Sailor Scouts or the Powerpuffs, but they all wear silver and they work for Santa Claus. They would have the same powers with variations in special effects, and they would all be unfailingly nice to everyone--except the Forces Of Evil. Even then they would apologize to the bad guys for having to beat them up.

Given all those times that Christmas needs to be saved, it would only make sense that there would be a superteam dedicated to saving it.

The Silver Bell of Freedom, forged by Paul Revere, and rung at President Washington's inauguration, was stolen in 1943 by Doktor Faust, a Nazi Wizard operating in the United States. He brought the bell to his base of operations, below a munitions factory, intending to ransom it. Four workers at the plant interrupted the doktor in the midst of an arcane ritual. The Bell exploded, sending shards of Silver into the four women. Each woman found she could turn into an icon of Liberty with powers far beyond those of mere mortals.

Now, more than 60 years later, they may still channel the power of the Silver Bell, and change from their aging bodies into powerful desirable women.

When trouble visits their Miami retirement community, Blanche, Dorothy, Rose and Sophia become... The Silver Belles!

The Silver Bell of Freedom, forged by Paul Revere, and rung at President Washington's inauguration, was stolen in 1943 by Doktor Faust, a Nazi Wizard operating in the United States. He brought the bell to his base of operations, below a munitions factory, intending to ransom it. Four workers at the plant interrupted the doktor in the midst of an arcane ritual. The Bell exploded, sending shards of Silver into the four women. Each woman found she could turn into an icon of Liberty with powers far beyond those of mere mortals.

Now, more than 60 years later, they may still channel the power of the Silver Bell, and change from their aging bodies into powerful desirable women.

When trouble visits their Miami retirement community, Blanche, Dorothy, Rose and Sophia become... The Silver Belles!

I like it. Gold to silver.

But then the lawsuits come and.. well.

Well if it is in the SE US. You could go with one with a Old Confederacy theme. Perhaps a Prominent Georgian socialite who dresses in some type variation of the old "Reb" uniform (probably a bit different tailoring;) ). Most likely she would have had ancestors that were Confederate officers. And her outfit is to honor them in some way. Powers: Probably crackshot with a rifle (we all shoot stereotypically well in the South;) maybe she uses a replica of the Civil War weapons). Although her wealth might be the big thing. She could be the team leader/sponsor with the base and vehicles provided. Other abilities in powers/skills: horseback riding, knives/throwing knives, some type of MA (if she is going into battle then that would be likely along with throwing knives). If more 4-color then gun could shoot tranq darts and she could throw gas grenades. Lots of stealth.

Names: Joanie Reb? Reb-becca? Oh well, maybe you or one of the others can think of something, if you want to use her.

Mercurial - Dr. Blanche Davis, Humanadine Co. researcher based in Georgia, was working on the remains of what appeared to be an extra-dimensional machine made of what could only be described as "Liquid Metal". The silver, mercury like substance seemed to respond to electrical signals, changing shape and even color and texture based on the stumuli Blanche applied. Blanche came to the conclusion that the machine must have some sort of an AI guiding its changes. Using a prototype cyber-helmet of her own design, Blanche attempted to establish communication. The liquid metal exploded from its containment vat.

In a way, that was the end of Blanche Davis. The woman who emerged from that event has Blanche's memories. She usually looks like Blanche; younger, taller and with a better figure but still Blanche. However, she is now herself made of Liquid Metal, able to change shape at will and almost indestructible. Sometimes, Blanche has the terible feeling that she's not alone in her new body, that maybe she's not Blanche at all. At times like that, she throws herself into her work. Blanche has taken to fighting crime as the scantily clad heroine Mercurial; it's the sort of exciting, active pursuit that she used to dream of a few months ago, when she was a middle aged researcher who almost never left her lab.

That is just wrong...

Besides:

All members are attractive women who must have some degree of sex appeal though... I don't picture any of them as bimbos.

Which lets those four right out on both counts...