Everyman progress?

Myrlyn

Steve:

I know you are working on a ton of different projects for the company right now, but I'm curious where the Everyman project is at? I had been looking forward to this book most of 2005 once I saw it on the schedule, but haven't heard much about it lately. It's not on the schedule for 2006... is it being shelved for a time?

Keith

Re: Everyman progress?

No, it's actually a compendium of writeups for diverse and interesting "normal" people to use as NPCs in a Champions campaign. They can be DNPCs with different backgrounds; sources of support, information or help for PCs, possibly as Contacts or Favors; nonsuperpowered but still influential obstacles to PC actions, like wealthy businessmen, lawyers and politicians; or people with plot hooks to draw the PCs into, or just intriguing encounters in the course of their adventures.

There was a book like this for Fourth Edition called Normals Unbound, which many of us considered one of the most useful books in the line.

So it's basically a 5th edition version of Normals Unbound?
If you mean that it's the same characters as Normals Unbound, but updated for 5th Edition, then I'm almost certain the answer is, "No."

If you mean the same kind of book as Normals Unbound, then I'm almost certain the answer is, "Yes."

:)

If you mean that it's the same characters as Normals Unbound, but updated for 5th Edition, then I'm almost certain the answer is, "No."

If you mean the same kind of book as Normals Unbound, then I'm almost certain the answer is, "Yes."

:)

Yeah, same kind of book. But since you mention it, if it did include the same characters, I wouldn't buy it. There is just to update to 5th edition for normals intended as NPCs in a superhero setting.

There might be one or two in common (Lin Chow springs to mind' date=' as does Wendy the Champions' housekeeper), but otherwise all of the dozens and dozens of characters I've got spec'd out are new, not reworkings of old characters.[/quote']

Ah and me with Lynda Chrighton as a DNPC for a new character. *sigh*

Actually while I loved Normals unbound - having another book with all new characters will be great, that much mroe info for that kind of stuff. Updating "normals" to 5th is pretty easy, so with all new characters I get even more NPCs. :)

But you have to include someone like Sparky the Wonderdog. :)

I realize I'm only one voice, but I really liked the two female police officers. IIRC, one was a bit of a newbie but had mad shooting skillz, and the other was a former girl-gang member. I was just getting into HERO at the time, but I remember thinking they were very cool.