Seemingly Silly Things to Model

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Seemingly Silly Things to Model

What Do You Mean, That's a Cow?: Your eyesight is so bad that you are constantly mistaking objects for other objects and people for other people. In combat, you are focused enough that you have no problems and can easily distinguish friend from foe, but our of combat this is a major problem.

But This is a Map of Tokyo!: You are Lost. Your sense of direction is so bad that going anywhere, by any means of transportation, is an adventure. You frequently find yourself randomly in places you did not intend to go any cannot concievably have gotten to in the time availabgle using the means you had. Making appointments is usually futile.

Who Are You, Who Am I, And Why Is My Hair So Fresh and Clean?: You have the ability to selectively erase other people's memories. Possible tricks include rendering it so that the subject forgets entirely about a specific person, a specific event is blotted out of their minds, or a specific set of facts is forgotten. You can't replace the lost memories withouthers, however.

Accidental Change: Turns into Piglet form if doused with cold water. :D

I was actually referring to Christine "Moose" McGlade, who was one of the principal players on You Can't Do That on Television, the Canadian-produced series that introduced "sliming" to American cable.

In its final season, the series also featured a young Alanis Morissette. Just thought You Oughta Know.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled HERO madness.

I was actually referring to Christine "Moose" McGlade' date=' who was one of the principal players on You Can't Do That on Television, the Canadian-produced series that introduced "sliming" to American cable.[/quote']

Wow... I barely remember watching this from the Far East Network (from the old US bases) broadcast of Nickelodeon as a kid.

Ah well... back to anime silliness...

Giant Okonomiyaki Spatula Er... just as the name says, weilded as a two handed weapon.

Ice Skating Kung Fu Someone has to make a build for this. A Martial Art that necessitates Teamwork rolls and coordinated attacks to perform certain maneuvers.

Giant Okonomiyaki Spatula Er... just as the name says, weilded as a two handed weapon.

Not to mention Autoire RKA: Lots of sharp little spatulas.

Ice Skating Kung Fu Someone has to make a build for this. A Martial Art that necessitates Teamwork rolls and coordinated attacks to perform certain maneuvers.

I still remember Akane's incredulous reaction to that. "Attack of a Hundred Foes -- in figure skating?"

Which brings up one of Ranma Saotome's most important abilities:

Hey, If There's Martial Arts In It I Can Do Anything!: The character can master any physical or mental skill in effectively zero time provided there is an immediate combat application. I there is impending battle in which it is known the skill will be needed, the character can go from no famiiarity at all to mastery in reocrd time, even bankig experience points he has yet to earn towards gaining the ability.

Hey, If There's Martial Arts In It I Can Do Anything!: The character can master any physical or mental skill in effectively zero time provided there is an immediate combat application. I there is impending battle in which it is known the skill will be needed, the character can go from no famiiarity at all to mastery in reocrd time, even bankig experience points he has yet to earn towards gaining the ability.

So true... :D

What did you do to the Pig-tailed girl!? even if all the facts point to a glaringly obvious conclusion, you are unable to determine a person's alternate identity. :rolleyes:

Hey' date=' If There's Martial Arts In It I Can Do Anything!:[/b'] The character can master any physical or mental skill in effectively zero time provided there is an immediate combat application. If there is impending battle in which it is known the skill will be needed, the character can go from no familiarity at all to mastery in record time, even banking experience points he has yet to earn towards gaining the ability.

The closest I've come to this involved a VPP, and wasn't that good. If anyone comes up with a good response to this, let me know!

What did you do to the Pig-tailed girl!? even if all the facts point to a glaringly obvious conclusion' date=' you are unable to determine a person's alternate identity. :rolleyes:[/quote']

I think this might best be modeled as PhysLim: Unable to know X, where X is whatever fact you want. Note that Akane has this for knowing that P-chan is actually Ryouga's cursed form, and for knowing that sometimes it's not Ranma's fault.

I think this might best be modeled as PhysLim: Unable to know X' date=' where [b']X[/b] is whatever fact you want. Note that Akane has this for knowing that P-chan is actually Ryouga's cursed form, and for knowing that sometimes it's not Ranma's fault.

"It's getting dark, Akane."

"You made the sun set? You idiot! Don't you know Happosai is more powerful at night?"

Speaking of which:

Behold the Power of Hormones: You become stronger, faster and generally more powerful when your lustful impulses are aroused. The greater your state of lust, the greater your power. Seeing the appropriate gender in a compromising position, or holding something that reminds you of sex, is an especially powerful boost. Actual release of the resulting tension might dampen your power, however, so you have to be careful.

And, getting into Grinn territory:

You Don't Want Mess With Me -- I'm a DD Cup!: Your breasts are like massive power batteries, absoirbing ambient energy from your surroundings which can be used in place of your own END to power or Push your physical abilities. This energy accumulates over time, and while it is accumulating your breasts grow. In turn, as you use the power in place of your own END, they shrink. Not using the power for too long a period means that you end up with truly enormous ******, with all the problems that result (strain on your back from the extra weight, none of your clothes fit anymore, etc.). However, the other functions of the organ (such as sensitivity to touch and milk production should you be lactating) are not adversely affected. I would describe the equivalent power for males, but you don't want to know. Trust me -- you don't want to know!

"It's getting dark, Akane."

"You made the sun set? You idiot! Don't you know Happosai is more powerful at night?"

It scares me how easily I could see this in a Ranma 1/2 fanfic; she's not quite this bad in the manga. Yeah, this covers her "lack of clue" nicely.

Behold the Power of Hormones: You become stronger' date=' faster and generally more powerful when your lustful impulses are aroused. The greater your state of lust, the greater your power. Seiing the approproate gender in a compromising position, or holding something that reminds you of sex, is an especially powerful boost. Actual [i']release[/i] of the resulting tension might dampen your power, however, so you have to be careful.

Kuno, perhaps? I know he can definitely take more hits....

I wonder, though; from a HERO standpoint, it seems like Ranma and Akane prefer to use high-STUN, no-BODY attacks on Kuno. Possibly with Mega-Scale KB.

And' date=' getting into Grinn territory:[/quote']

:confused: Gronn territory?

You Don't Want Mess With Me -- I'm a DD Cup!: Your breasts are like massive power batteries' date=' absoirbing ambient energy from your surroundings which can be used in place of your own END to power or Push your physical abilities. This energyu accumulates over time, and while it is accumulating your breasts grow. In turn, as you use the power in place of your own END, they shrink. Not using the power for too long a period means that you end up with truly enourmous ******, with all the problems that result (strain on your back from the extra weight, none of your clothes fit anymore, etc.). However, the other functions of the organ (such as sensitivity to touch and milk production should you be lactating) are not adversely affected. I would describe the equivalent power for males, but you don't want to know. [i']Trust me -- you don't want to know![/i]

WHERE IS THIS!?!?!?!?!? I have GOT to see this! :D

Kuno' date=' perhaps? I know he can definitely take more hits....[/quote']

This power is quintessential Happosai. Which is why he is always stealing women's undergarments and ios determined to see Ranma-chan in a bra.

I wonder, though; from a HERO standpoint, it seems like Ranma and Akane prefer to use high-STUN, no-BODY attacks on Kuno. Possibly with Mega-Scale KB.

That is as much the genre as anything else. Ranma 1/2 is a wild comedy, so killing attacks aren't funny. Compare that to the sometimes brutal Inu-Yasha, in which the same creator uses similar techniques to tell a much grimmer story.

WHERE IS THIS!?!?!?!?!? I have GOT to see this! :D

We're stepping outside anime. You can find the adventures of Buxom Gal as part of the Supermegatopia universe created by the Brothers Grinn for their webcomic. (Warning; to call parts of this site non-work-safe is to grossly understate the matter.)

Harem Anime Leading Man

Distinctive Features: Irresistably Cute to Women (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

Take note that the above disadvantage only works to draw NPCs, or PCs to either a) live with the guy B) find a way to er... "take" him against his will or c) claim ownership against him. All of which takes place in a manner that will put his sanity, and his financial situation in ruins.

The closest I've come to this involved a VPP' date=' and wasn't that good. If anyone comes up with a good response to this, let me know![/quote']

I don't know, you might be able to use Environmental Movement, call it I CAN DO ANYTHING WHILE FIGHTING and make it say 5 points. Make sure the condition is at least as troublesome as hostile combat or else everyone will be using this instead of buying skills.

Harem Anime Leading Man

Distinctive Features: Irresistably Cute to Women (Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

Take note that the above disadvantage only works to draw NPCs, or PCs to either a) live with the guy B) find a way to er... "take" him against his will or c) claim ownership against him. All of which takes place in a manner that will put his sanity, and his financial situation in ruins.

This usually only affects a limited class of girls (such as Exotic Alien Babes, Powerful Martial Artist Babes, Babes with Magical Powers or Your Own Babealicious Students). The result is that the sort of women who are attracted to the character are just the sort who can most complicate his life. Before he snuck into that cave, none of the girls he knew would give Tenchi Masaki the time of day. Suddenly he was up to his armpits in Exotic Alien Babes!

It's especially nasty if there's a girl outside the chosen group that the character likes. For example, a handsome high school teacher might carry a torch for one of his colleagues, yet is a magnet for his babealicious students -- causing massive problems that could cause him to wonder why he chose to be a teacher in the first place....

My old dungeon master was cruel.

When you cast unseen servant you had to make

a spellcraft roll. if you botched it, you got something else.

Unconcerned Servant

Conjuration (Creation)

Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1

Components: V, S, M

Casting Time: 1 standard action

Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Effect: One invisible, rebellious, shapeless servant

Duration: 1 hour/level

Saving Throw: None

Spell Resistance: No

An unseen servant is an invisible, rebellious, shapeless force that performs simple tasks that you must talk it into doing. It could run and fetch things, open unstuck doors, and hold chairs, as well as clean and mend, if its in the mood. The servant can perform only one activity at a time, but it repeats the same activity if again cajoled to do so as long as you remain within range. It might open only normal doors, drawers, lids, and the like. It has an effective Strength score of 2 (so it can lift 20 pounds or drag 100 pounds). It can trigger traps and such, but it can exert only 20 pounds of force, and will raise a fuss, which is not enough to activate certain pressure plates and other devices. It can’t perform any task that requires a skill check with a DC higher than 10, or that is just so so menial, or that requires a check using a skill that can’t be used untrained. Its speed is 15 feet, max. usually slower.

Use your Diplomacy skill to command the "servant"

The unconcerned servant cannot attack in any way; it is never allowed an attack roll. It cannot be killed, but it dissipates if it takes 6 points of damage from area attacks. (It gets no saves against attacks.) If you attempt to send it beyond the spell’s range (measured from your current position), the servant ceases to exist.

Material Component A piece of string and a bit of wood.

My old dungeon master was cruel.

When you cast unseen servant you had to make

a spellcraft roll. if you botched it, you got something else.

Unconcerned Servant

OK, how do you do this in HERO terms? First the character sheet for the Servant itself, and then the spell to Summon him.

The name of the spell reminds me of Batduck's maid in Tiny Toon Adventures. ("Remind me to fire her.")

Speaking of which:

The SPCA Has Nightmares About Me: You love animals. You love them to pieces. Unfortunately, you love them to pieces quite literally, as not only do you have no idea how to truly care for animals but you are so possessive and touchy-feely that the ones you don't kill outright are horribly scarred by the experience of being in your company. You cannot resist the chance to turn any animal, even powerful and dangerous ones, into a pet, and to treat them in lovingly bizarre, painful and humiliating ways once you do. You have so little clue about animal husbandry that you will give meat to herbivores and grass to carnivores, dress up anything in clothes that only you believe to be adorable, and otherwise endanger the welfare of every non-human living thing that comes into your field of vision. You might also decide that Orcs or Martians would make great pets should you come into contact with them.

Unconcerned Servant:

=================

Summon 60-point Unseen Servant,

Invisible Power Effects, SFX Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2),

Not Really Devoted (-3/4) (27 Active Points);

1 Charge (-2),

Extra Time (5 Minutes, -2),

Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4),

Incantations (-1/4), Requires Cajoling

Gestures (-1/4):straight:

Yes, You Can Be Too Rich: You are so extremely wealthy through no effort or ability of your own that it's really a serious problem. You have to go to extraordinary lengths to do anything yourself before some servant or employee does it for you. People have a habit of anticipating your needs and frequently being utterly incorrect in doing so, micro-managing every detail of your life without asking for your input because "This is what's best for Master", and putting everyone you want to have any sort of contact with through background and security checks that rival the NSA's. Everywhere you go you are surrounded by bodyguards, and should you succeed in eluding them the full resources of of every public and private security agency in the area will be used to re-locate you.

Fish Kill Themselves When They Hear My Name: Whenever your name is mentioned around fish' date=' they commit suicide by whatever means of self-destruction happen to be available to fish at that particular time.[/quote']

I don't know exactly why, but this strikes me as a very cool, if disturbing, power. Also, I have no idea how to model it.

Zeropoint

Reputation. Gastly levels of it. Probably both as a Perk and a Disadvantage. :D

Guest NGD Illuminati

There have been some inspirational ideas indeed put forth in this thread. This is something we did not expect based upon the title.

Bblackmoor is financed by Switzerland for the Martian photocopy.

Yes' date=' You [i']Can[/i] Be Too Rich:

And... You Can Be Too Thin!

You weigh 25 kg and take +3 KB, but you are still normal height (5' 6"). Apparently, this worth 15 points from the book (1/4 density). You probably would have Distinctive Features that people will go out of their way to try and feed you. "You're so thin! Eat something." Others might think that you have an eating disorder.

To complete the package, you need Gliding (a strong wind will blow you away!) and LS: Reduced need to eat (oh, I already ate this week)

I'm Not From Around Here, Am I?: You are from Earth -- but not the same Earth as you are living on now and where everyone else came from. What is more, you have no idea how you came to be in the world you are in now. Because you were raised on a different world, a lot of things that go in are baffling to you. The history you remember is different, sometimes vastly so, than the actual history of the world you are on. Even if you speak English, you might use a much different set of idioms than everyone around you, making understanding people's conversations a challenge. Even the cultural norms of this world are unfamiliar to you ("You don't practice ritual defloration at the coming of age? What kind of parents are you?")

I'm Not From Around Here' date=' Am I?:[/b'] You are from Earth -- but not the same Earth as you are living on now and where everyone else came from. What is more, you have no idea how you came to be in the world you are in now. Because you were raised on a different world, a lot of things that go in are baffling to you. The history you remember is different, sometimes vastly so, than the actual history of the world you are on. Even if you speak English, you might use a much different set of idioms than everyone around you, making understanding people's conversations a challenge. Even the cultural norms of this world are unfamilair to you ("You don't practice ritual defloration at the coming of age? What kind of parents are you?")

At the risk of sounding dreadfully dull, this one can probably be done with a CuK and maybe a PhysLim: Familiar With A Different Earth Culture. That way you know your own world moderately well (about as well as anyone does) and you keep getting tripped up by the differences.

:eg:

I am reminded of Heinlein's Job: A Comedy of Justice, where the protagonist kept getting bounced from world to world. He - and his lovely companion from the first world he bounced into - established some fairly decent rules about functioning day-to-day when you might be in a new world in the time it takes to bathe. Just remember: HIT THE LIBRARY! If nothing else, you can at least not get tripped up by the relatively obvious stuff.