Seemingly Silly Things to Model

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Seemingly Silly Things to Model

Geek Out: +20 PRE; No Conscious Control (-2), Limited Power (Only to make target flee the room; -1), Conditional Power (Does not work vs other geeks; -1/4), Incantations (must talk about their favorite sci-fi movie/show and/or RPG character; -1/4)

Mind Control - It'd be easy to get +20 on a cat' date=' I'd think[/quote']

Obviously you've never owned a cat. Everyone knows it's simply impossible to make a cat do anything it doesn't want to do. ;)

bigdamnhero

“Holy mother of God and all her wacky Nephews!â€

Here's a couple of examples:

Find Week: The character is able to determine the week.

Haunted: The character is troubled by occurrences related to whatever is Haunting them.

always thought that one of my character sheets inspired this

Josh has that. He very nearly walked into the automatic door at Kmart the other day. I've learned to walk ahead of him wherever I see automatic doors. It only does that to him; if I'm in front of him' date=' it sees me and stays open long enough for him.[/quote']

I also like to call it the Star Trek Blooper Reel Syndrome.

Obviously you've never owned a cat. Everyone knows it's simply impossible to make a cat do anything it doesn't want to do. ;)

Nonsense. I have +20 PRE, only versus cats, OIF big black boot.

And oddly enough, one of my cats responds to the snapping of my fingers. And I don't mean his ears twitch (well, they do, but more than that). Somehow, he understands exactly what I want, and most of the times he does it. While the boot thing is obvious, this effect is beyond my understanding.

I Don't Know What They Have Against Me: All members of a single, otherwise inncouous animal species hold an intense dislike for you specifically. If they have the ability to do so, they will attack you on sight. If they are too overwhelmed or weak to attack, they will flee. Oddly enough, any gesture of friendship you offer makes the situation much, much worse. And especially intelligent examples of that species will take special measures to make youe life miserable should you get into their proximity.

All Shook Up: Whenever the character opens a can of soda or any other beverage capable of exploding violently when shaken up, it does. Doesn't matter how gently it is handled, something beyond the character's control has ensured that any beverage he comes in contact with has been shaken vigirously just before he gets it.

My maternal grandmother has some kind of Dispel Electronics' date=' one pip, Extra Time, Cumulative, Requires body contact. She can't wear a digital watch.[/quote']

I have that. I can't wear any watch without it going goofy. My analog Timex once stopped for two months. My Swiss Army Watch didn't last for a week - it was analog.

I have an old fob watch that is wind - up, and it is invulnerable to my electrical goofiness.

Josh has that. He very nearly walked into the automatic door at Kmart the other day. I've learned to walk ahead of him wherever I see automatic doors. It only does that to him; if I'm in front of him' date=' it sees me and stays open long enough for him.[/quote']

I have that sometimes too. It's embarassing to stand in front of an "automatic" door jumping and waving at the sensor.

Haunted and Hated are GREAT ideas, but I don't think they are worth more than a few points as limitations under most circumstances.

Hated by all domestic cats is worth no more than 5 points. Hated by elephants could be worth more in some campaigns.

Haunted by Elvis isn't worth much - he'd practically be a DNPC (a different idea that I find hilarious). Haunted by the Appomatix War Dead could be more troubling.

I have that sometimes too. It's embarassing to stand in front of an "automatic" door jumping and waving at the sensor.

And the mental image of that makes me chuckle.

Usually when they do this to Josh, if he's paying attention, he jumps back and I step forward to trigger it. If he isn't paying attention, he walks right into it. I've only seen it once, and he was VERY offended when I laughed.

Hated by all domestic cats is worth no more than 5 points. Hated by elephants could be worth more in some campaigns.

I guess the choice of avatars (albeit a different character) made what I was getting at far too obvious.

More to the point of the avatar would be having a DNPC "Best Friend" who is inseperable from you but gets on your nerves to an alarming degree -- frequently intentionally, because mercilessely teasing and goading you on your faults is her way of showing affection.

I guess the choice of avatars (albeit a different character) made what I was getting at far too obvious.

More to the point of the avatar would be having a DNPC "Best Friend" who is inseperable from you but gets on your nerves to an alarming degree -- frequently intentionally, because mercilessely teasing and goading you on your faults is her way of showing affection.

My girlfriend once said that if she ever met anyone like Tomo, she would strangle the person. :D

In the same vein:

Flight 2"; Reduced Endurance, 0 END; IAF - Pigtails :o

OsakaFlying2.jpg

My girlfriend once said that if she ever met anyone like Tomo, she would strangle the person. :D

In the same vein:

Flight 2"; Reduced Endurance, 0 END; IAF - Pigtails :o

6d6 Mind Control, One Command Only {"I'm So Cute You Can't Stand It!"}, Reduced END; 0 END, OIF: Penguin Suit. :)

10d6 Mind Control; One Command Only {"I'm a handsome, virile gentleman and not perverted at all."), Limited Group of Minds (Only your own wife and daughter), Continuing Effect.

6d6 Mind Control, One Command Only {"I'm So Cute You Can't Stand It!"}, Reduced END; 0 END, OIF: Penguin Suit. :)

10d6 Mind Control; One Command Only {"I'm a handsome, virile gentleman and not perverted at all."), Limited Group of Minds (Only your own wife and daughter), Continuing Effect.

Good ones, Hopcroft! :D

Double Chop! +2d6 Hand Attack

Psychological Limitation: Traumatized of Yukari-sensei's Driving, Common, Absolute

Azumanga14.gif

Chiyo-Chichi

Player:

Val Char Cost

40 STR 30

28 DEX 54

33 CON 46

28 BODY 36

18 INT 8

28 EGO 36

35 PRE 25

10 COM 0

20 PD 12

20 ED 13

5 SPD 12

15 REC 0

66 END 0

65 STUN 0

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

8" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 272

Cost Power

30 Santa Claus Powers: Elemental Control, 60-point powers

15 1) Awesome Lockpicking Skills!: Teleportation 28", x4 Noncombat (61 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only to get into homes; -1)

30 2) I can fly at Mach 100!: Flight 15", x128 Noncombat (60 Active Points)

30 3) The Goverment Pays Me to Give Presents to All the Children!: Cosmetic Transform 8d6 (Raw Materials into Toys), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points)

30 The Chiyo Avenger!: Elemental Control, 60-point powers

30 1) He Deflected the Bullets: Damage Resistance (20 PD/20 ED) (20 Active Points)

30 2) He'll Come to Save You!: Flight 30" (60 Active Points)

Powers Cost: 195

Cost Skill

5 Language: English (idiomatic; literate)

5 Language: Spanish (idiomatic; literate)

4 SS: Zoology 13-

3 Seduction 16-

3 Acrobatics 15-

3 Acting 16-

3 Breakfall 15-

3 Conversation 16-

6 PS: Baseball Player 15-

Skills Cost: 35

Cost Perk

11 Money: Filthy Rich

Perks Cost: 11

Total Character Cost: 513

Pts. Disadvantage

30 Enraged: When felinity is questioned (Very Common), go 14-, recover 11-

25 Dependent NPC: Chiyo Mihama 14- (Normal; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)

Disadvantage Points: 55

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 258

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Okay, I can't beat the Azumanga Daioh stuff (at least at the moment, give me time, and apparently 5 colorless mana), but how about this little bit of history:

"I Don't Know": Everytime you or anyone near you says the phrase "I don't know" a large amount of green slime falls out of of the sky and hits you in the head.

"I Don't Know": Everytime you or anyone near you says the phrase "I don't know" a large amount of green slime falls out of of the sky and hits you in the head.

Moose!

How Did You Make Yourself So Smooth and Flat?: You are a true Master of Disguise, so good that whenever anyone addresses you they will address the wrong thing first. When posing as a hockeyg oalier, they will address the ice surface (hence the name of the ability).

Kasumi, What an Unexpected Surprise To See You In This of All Places!: The presence os a single, specific person of whom you are enamored causes you to lsoe all connection with reality. In the presence of that person, you are constantly mistaking people for other people, misinterpreting the nature of common objects, and become totally inept at all skills -- frequently in bizarre ways. You behavior is so bizarre that would need to do something about this problem if you actually were going to have a relationship with that person....