Multipower Ideas?????

Velocity

Here's a quick question for assembled Herodom. I'm playing a speedster in my current campaign and have a speed tricks multipower. While have in this a Autofire HA, Megascale Surface Flight (and the senses not to splat myself), TK with both hands (Cyclone Creation Affect), a "Sonic-Boom Snap" (Flash vs Hearing, Kncokback, Does Double knockback), Missile refection vs bullets, and really neat Desolid, this is the primary "power base" for my PC other than his Movement, SPD and DEX.

I have the obligatory Armored Spandex, skills, etc. I was wondering if anyone had any more "speedster" ideas for a MP Slot that would be useful?

Some random ideas...

Change Environment for doing things like cleaning a room in an instant and other "complete tasks really fast" type stuff.

Clairsentience with the special effect of simply running around the area looking at things.

Duplication (He moves so fast, it's like he's in two places at once!)

Dispel vs. fire and/or gas SFX (more cyclone creation effect)

Entangle (gets things from the local area to tie people up with really fast)

RKA, only on complex inanimate objects (superspeed disassembly)

Extra-Dimensional Movement (runs so fast he time travels!)

Theres' lots more, but I need to go to sleep. ;)

I'd explore everything you can do with Area of Effect: Selective Target. There's so much that fits into the speedster motif using that advantage combination that it's just really not funny.

For instance:

- on EB, for running around and hitting everyone you want really fast

- on Flash, for throwing sand in each person's face (might require a focus)

- on Transform (cosmetic) for painting an orange N on their chests

- the Entangle example from the previous post, combined with these advantages, let's you tie up all the thugs at once!

- on Telekinesis, to do all sorts of things (definitely get fine manipulation), including disarming all those thugs simultaneously.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

My quasi-speedster/martial artist Zl'f ( DEX 38, SPD 9) recently added a "I can run faster than the eye can see" short-range Teleportation to her MP, along with the Position Shift Adder (I also considered the No Relative Velocity Adder, but opted not to use it to save points). The distance (11') is just over 1/3 of how far she can normally move in a Phase (30").

The Limitations I used are Must Cross Intervening Space: -1/4, Restrainable: -1/2 (Since she can't use it to escape Grabs or other restraints such as handcuffs), and No Non-Combat Multiplier: -1/2 Active Points: 27 Total cost: 1 point in an ultra-slot. (3/2.25 = 1)

It came in quite handy in our last adventure, when she used it to move across a room and Leg Sweep an incipient god before he could complete a human sacrifice. Actually, given his incredibly high defenses (30 PD/ED and 50% Damage Reduction) and her 10d6 max attack, she spent most of the fight Leg Sweeping him so the lower-DEX /higher damage heroes could blast him while he was prone. His 11 DCV made him hard to hit for most of our team. He managed to hit her once even with her 15 DCV, but she managed to successfully Roll with the Punch and actually remain conscious with a whole 4 Stun remaining. Fortunately she has a 12 REC.

That was a fight we won only with good teamwork. When we departed, one of our martial artists was unconscious and our mentalist had taken 12 BODY when he used his own body as a shield to protect the human sacrifice from a Killing Attack.

Have a look at this thread, which covers similar ground.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=998&highlight=speedster

Some good suggestions here already, though. If you don't want to use Winterhawk's suggestion, try Telekinesis or Flight Usable On Others, but subject to Limitations (such as Must Run Round In A Circle, Only To Take Characters Up And Down). The advantage of using Flight is that the speedster can make himself rise, not just catch a falling person.

Stretching, to mimic the "punch someone and then run back to where I was standing" trick.

Extra Limbs, to hold/use more things at once than normally possible by moving your hands faster than gravity or inertia can affect the objects. Especially good for clearing the dinner table, firing six guns at once, and replacing 26 fuses into a fuse box in a single second.

What every speedster needs

You didn't mention INVISIBILITY (sight).

How about a DAMAGE SHIELD? [if you travel only a short distance (no time to reach maximum velocity) but with great speed you can do alot of damage to your target upon impact]

EXTRA DIMENSIONAL MOVEMENT (You run so fast that you break the time barrier)