What would you put in this Multipower?

SkyKnight

I'm spending a couple of experience points before our next session, and I'm looking for advice. My character has a 10 point multipower based on his control of nanotech robots inside his body. The slots so far are

Nanite Tools (10 point reserve)

u-1 Nanohooks: Clinging, 60 STR

u-1 Finger Blades: 1/2D6 HKA (1D6+1 w STR)

u-1 Clean it Up: 2D6 Cosmetic Transform to clean & polish objects

u-1 Pick Lock: 1D6 Minor Transform to open locks

I could just give him +2D6 Hand Attack or somesuch, but I was hoping for something more creative. Any Ideas

P.S. My Gamemaster and some of the other players read this board, so Hi Guys!

Re: What would you put in this Multipower?

Invisibility or a limited shapeshift- the nanites reconfiguring skin color, adding or subtracting tattoos or facial structure

Universal translater, only usable for electronic media- nanites building a datajack and interface with the brain

Unusual senses- ability to detect em fields or chemical traces

Aid or healing that takes extra time- nanites building up specific muscles or repairing damage

A little extra armor

A low level eb or hand to hand attack- nanites building an electrical charge and releasing it on contact, maybe only usable to harm sensitive electronics

Clairsentience, retrocognition, only to detect past prescence of an electromagnetic signature or detect the "fingerprint" of a specific device or weapon

A low level of dispel or suppress vs another host's internal nanites ie yours fighting his

A low level transformation attack that gives someone else your chr's abilities by some of the nanites transferring to a new host and slowly reproducing there, hard if not impossible on 10 points I know

Originally posted by SkyKnight

I'm spending a couple of experience points before our next session, and I'm looking for advice. My character has a 10 point multipower based on his control of nanotech robots inside his body. The slots so far are

I could just give him +2D6 Hand Attack or somesuch, but I was hoping for something more creative. Any Ideas

Re: What would you put in this Multipower?

Originally posted by SkyKnight

Mind control only vs Machines

Mind Scan only vs Machines

Telepathy only vs Machines

+1 Overall Level (their data processing capacity links up to your neural net so that you just have a bit of an edge in everything you do).

+20 COM -- for those times when you want to REALLY knock their socks off!

A few inches of Gliding (instant parachute)

1 pip Major Transform with +1 in Advantages for Improved Target Group-type stuff. Sure, it may take them a while, but they'd be able to build just about anything for you, using just about any raw materials that happened to be at hand.

Good Feedback

I like what I'm seeing so far. I had thought about the stretching, but I am wondering if the 2" of stretching that he could buy wouldn't be stretching my SFX a little far. By the way, he already has life support versus heat & cold plus extended breathing.

He has no technical skills, so I doubt that any computer jack type applications will be a real big help.

These things said, keep them coming.

• 18 years later...

I like Dr. Anomaly's suggestion of the 1 pip Major Transformation. After you patrol you stop by the local home improvement store and buy a 6 ft 2x4 or a couple of hammers. Set it down next to your bed, go to sleep on your stomach with you hand over the edge of the bed touching your purchase. Think about what you need and go to sleep. In the morning you have your item. That or the GM has fun and interprets your dreams into the item. 😱

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Paradox has something like that, but it doesn't cost 10 points.

OK.  How about a naked Reduced Endurance to, say Running.  Bring you End use to 1/2 or even 0.  Great for those long distance chases (Doesn't he ever get tired?)