Champions Universe Movie Casting Call

Terrapin

Re: Champions Universe Movie Casting Call

When one of the heroes gets in legal trouble,

Jim Carrey is his lawyer, like from Liar Liar.

"So your honor, my client couldnt have possibly been

in the dark dimension at the time of the crime.

Jordan fades back, swoosh, & THAT'S THE GAME!!!!!!"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That, and Jim Carrey can't act. (YMMV)

The only Jim Carrey spot I could see him in would be Black Harlequin, simply because it seems so much like The Mask, which is the last movie I recall Jim Carrey being decent in.

Actually, Carrey can act if allowed to. Just watch the Majestic. That's Carrey at his best. Now, as far as comedy, yeah. He sucks there. the Mask was the only exception, and that was only because of the CGI. But The Truman Show and The Majestic are two very good movies. In my opinion.

then he should be creepy.

Mm, I dunno. I mean, do you not like Doctor Doom because he's melodramatic rather than creepy? Megalomaniacal villains who do the monologue thing and come up with globe-spanning plans of Evil and Destruction have a long and respectable history. There's probably a creepy villain out there who Walken could do better without having to alter Destroyer's fundamental character (though for some reason I'm drawing a blank on just who in the Champs universe might be unusually well-suited to Walken's style).

As for an animated Foxbat, I'd draw on an earlier poster's suggestion and have Adam West voice it. Gary Owens (the original Space Ghost) or George Lowe (Space Ghost: Coast to Coast) would be pretty funny as well.

Christopher Walken wouldn't make an all too bad Luther Black if you ask me.

I can see Christopher Lee being the voice of Dr. Destroyer, but a body double should be in order. Hell, why not Michael Clarke Duncan? It is a power armor.

I picture Bill Goldberg as Bulldozer, but I'd rather see Triple H get the snot beaten out of him.

Admittedly' date=' casting a dead guy as Takofanes WOULD be strangely appropriate but it does make getting good recordings difficult. (Latta died in 1994.)[/quote']I didn't know that.

Okay, then, I'll suggest Frank Welker. He's best known for his animal noises, but also voice Fred Jones on the Scooby-Doo cartoons, Ralph and Mr. Plotz on Animaniacs, and various others.

I could believe the man has stared a Lovecraftian horror or two in the eye in his day.

Yes, like if there was a Memoirs of Walken, there should be a passage somewhere there that reads:

"...and this Cthulhu character. He was intense, but he could never seem to look me in the eye. It's strange that with all of those eyes, he couldn't look me in the eye when he spoke. That's why I'm not afraid of him, unlike marsupials. Marsupials are scary, because they're fast..."

Yes, like if there was a Memoirs of Walken, there should be a passage somewhere there that reads:

"...and this Cthulhu character. He was intense, but he could never seem to look me in the eye. It's strange that with all of those eyes, he couldn't look me in the eye when he spoke. That's why I'm not afraid of him, unlike marsupials. Marsupials are scary, because they're fast..."

Now that's just wrong. Wrong, but very funny. Repped

While others have suggested Mark Hamill as Foxbat, I'd like to see him go all dark and twisted--as Blowtorch.

And I'd like to see James Callis (Baltar on the new Battlestar Galactica) go all sinister as Giles de Morphant--the Black Paladin.

And while I thought Billy Zane made a great hero as The Phantom, I think he'd be great as Holocaust, or perhaps VIPER's Supreme Serpent.

And I'd like to see James Callis (Baltar on the new Battlestar Galactica) go all sinister as Giles de Morphant--the Black Paladin.

Hmm...can't see this one. Too much of a girlie-man. Actually...I could see Callis as Black Harlequin.

I think someone less campy for Foxbat - the character is campy enough without throwing fuel on the fire. I was thinking someone like Brendan Frasier, who takes himself way too seriously anyway.

I'm still stuck on Witchcraft. 5-10 years ago I woulda said Nicole Kidman but oh well. Scarlet Johanson's a possibility. Maybe Anne Hathaway? She doesn't necessarily look the part, but I think she could play the part.

More likely, some brain-dead Assistant VP For Ruining Great Ideas would probably decide on the Olson twins for Witchcraft and Talisman. :D

Originally Posted by wcw43921

Hmm...can't see this one. Too much of a girlie-man.

Are you kidding? He gets more action than any other character on the show. He gets more action than Starbuck. Heck--he got Starbuck!

And Black Paladin is, after all, a noble. They were expected to bathe regularly--like once a month whether they needed it or not. If that's girlie, well--:nonp:

Are you kidding? He gets more action than any other character on the show. He gets more action than Starbuck. Heck--he got Starbuck!

And Black Paladin is, after all, a noble. They were expected to bathe regularly--like once a month whether they needed it or not. If that's girlie, well--:nonp:

Huh? I'm not talking about his bedroom exploits or his personal hygiene; I'm talking about his ability to convincingly portray a very physical Action Villain role. Now I stopped watching BSG after one season, so maybe they've butched him up a bit in later eps, I dunno. But from what I've seen of Callis, Mary McDonnell could kick his ***. I'm trying to picture him swinging a broadsword and threatening to Eat My Soul, and all it inspires me to do is giggle. YMMV, of course.

Personally I'm all for finding actors who can do the accents. Dr.Destroyer is German, so his voice should have a slight germanic accent [not too pronounced, but still visible enough to seem different from standard english]. That's why I suggested Max Von Sydow. The same for Black Paladin. He's French, so find someone who can do the French accent. Durak is Russian. You can't just pick people because they're big or tough looking. They need to fit the part in more then just looks, IMO.

For most moviegoers, British accents seem to be "sufficiently foreign" for the job (and have been so since the 30s, I swear); that said, it wouldn't eliminate the possibility of Christopher Lee as the voice of Destroyer as I think he can do a German accent. He certainly does speak German (and French. And Italian. And several more languages on top of those, at least at a conversational level)...