70's and 80's Master Villians

ParagonAlpha

So I ran a game of Champs the other day sort of off the cuff. The players ended up being recruited to help the Government locate and dismantle abandonded secret lairs, hidden bases, top secret super villain hideouts, laboratories and such.

The problem I can only think of about five or six classic Champions villians that had lairs. Due to champaign background the Island of Dr. Destroyer is not present.

So far my mind is wrapped around:

Abandoned Vipers Nest 1 thru 34

Mechanon Rebuilding Lab Alpha, Gamma, and Theta

The mountain retreat of Malachite

Foxbat's Transporter Pad Hideout

Professor Muerte's Los Angles lair

The research lab of Dr. Lirby Koo

Anyone else have any more ideas.

Thanks

Re: 70's and 80's Master Villians

Are you using a version of the Champions Universe? If so, it sounds like it's the Fourth Edition incarnation, rather than the current one. That would set the parameters of any suggestion I might offer you.

If it's the 4E CU, the adventure "What Rough Beast" from Adventurers Club #3 focussed on an abandoned Genocide base, which I think would be perfect for your purposes. Furthermore, you can find that adventure online, with maps, base and character stats (in 4E HERO), right here: http://www.patric.net/morpheus/hero/beast.html

I might also suggest an abandoned Demonlair for the 4E incarnation of DEMON; they were typically underground, and would let you throw occult perils at your PCs.

A hideaway for Firewing inside an active volcano could be cool (at least figuratively).

For a minute there, when you mentipned "70s master villains" and wondering about the giant night club hedquarters of Disco Duke, a sort of upscale version of that oh-so-slightly dated Spidey villain Hypno-Hustler. Fortunately, such thoughts passed quickly. :-)

I appear (frighteningly for one of us - most likely him) to be thinking along similar lines to GestaltBennie on this one, only my first two thoughts were:

1) The forgotten headquarters of 'The Man' - a 70's establishment villain dedicated to grinding down the lower classes and keeping himself on top. (Stolen from - I am ashamed to admit it - the blaxploitation film parody I'm Gonna Git You, Suckah!) He'd have been a normal with lots of connections, money, contacts, and minions as opposed to a physical threat.

2) The hideout of 70's master villain 'Casanova Frankenstein' from the film Mystery Men, complete with disco balls, and bad 70's themed henchmen in suspended animation.

...I might also suggest an abandoned Demonlair for the 4E incarnation of DEMON; they were typically underground' date=' and would let you throw occult perils at your PCs.[/quote']

If I recall, there are some pretty good Demonlair maps in in Target Hero supplement. I Froogled TH and found it for as low as $5 on Ebay.