Now Taking Preorders For the Champions 25th-Anniversary Special Edition!

Darren Watts

Re: Now Taking Preorders For the Champions 25th-Anniversary Special Edition!

I asked for and got #62. The only real reason is that I was born in '62.

Still no word whether or not I can get the gold embossed Papal Seal.

I'm waiting until I get home to order, but I would gladly pay a little extra for this.;)

Probably just as well the numbering goes up to 200, otherwise I'd be thinking of requesting 666.

I dunno.

I've had very good experiences with ordering from DOJ, and I'm sure they honestly intend to produce it, etc. but the whole "non-refundable, even if we don't print it for any reason including we just decide not to" bit rubs me the wrong way.

I was reading that as clearer-than-normal CYA -- Hero West is out in earthquake country, after all, and should California fall into the ocean with the books ....

Quick note -- since I'm out of town this weekend at Roundcon, I won't be able to respond to the latest incoming orders until late Sunday or early Monday. So, don't worry if you don't get an acknowledgment immediately.

Any chance you could raffle off a copy or two? For five bucks a guy could get a chance at the most anticipated HERO book this year, and you could donate the money to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, or any other charity of you choice.

Just an idea.

I'm afraid conducting a raffle online would be a big administrative headache. If we wanted to do something like that we'd have to limit it to the attendees at a given convention that we attend.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel your pain, Squirrel. I'd love to have a copy, but I've recently acquired something known as a "mortgage payment" which seems to be taking the few dollars left behind by Mr. FICA.