Jomster

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: The things I've learned playing a Martial Artist

When you're the Undisputed King of martial arts type X, not only do you have the problem of pretenders to your throne popping up and trying to take your crown, you've also got those pesky Undisputed Kings of other martial arts types wanting to show that their's is undeniably superior!

The moral of the story is that Undisputed Kings of martial arts tend to get involved in a lot of fighting!

Never claim to be the "Undisputed King/Queen" of your style.

If nothing else, the GM isn't under the same limits as you.

Note to GMs: Try not to go over the campaign limits you have imposed on your PCs by too great a margin, except in the case of the Master Villain.

There is nothing in the world that is as sweet and yet disturbing about a fellow player rooting for the bad guy because the martial artist fighting the bad guy is played by you, and you play martial artists better than he does.

Actually' date=' anyone with fewer body parts than you will win. Only one arm? Wins. No eyes? Their victory is assured.[/quote']

*tosses a copy of his Zatochi vs. The One-Armed Samurai DVD import at Jorvar* :P

*tosses a copy of his Zatochi vs. The One-Armed Samurai DVD import at Jorvar* :P

See, you spelled my name wrong, which means you missed, which is a pity, 'cos I'd quite like to have seen that...

I should know UMA cover-to-cover, then convince my GM to get a copy too so we can explore the joys of the "my martial arts character is becoming awesome" experience together!

Other players, what other players? Let's talk about my martial arts... :)