The Things I Learned Playing A Villain...

Marcus Impudite

Re: The Things I Learned Playing A Villain...

Alright, so it's a long shot. A one in a million shot. On the other hand it's not happened to anybody since the 1940's. It's now 2006. That's almost 60 years and one could argue that it's time for that longshot to hit.

Sure the odds are against it, but are you really so sure that this won't be the time fate rolls a one on it's one million sided dice? Do you really want to take that chance when there are other ways to kill him?

Besides, heavy water is still water, which means you have to restrain a full strength Aquaman long enough for him to drown. Much easier [and inspiring less snickering in your fellow villains] to roast him with a giant heat lamp or something.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also note that Jay lay in a coma for more than three weeks as his body altered to utilize the energies that it could tap.

And, yes, of course there is the difficulty of holding a full-strength Aquaman underwater, but the activity assumes you can. And since when does a villain do things the easy way?:P If villains were looking for easy, they would be selling their abilties to the highest bidders and living it up in the legal lap of luxury.

If you want to just take it easy, don't be a villain. There are plenty of lucrative activities that don't attract the meddling of Superheroes, and if it does, you might be able to get them wanted for crimes committed.

Hell, let's just simplify (*irony*) this.

Where possible, do things LEGALLY. That way the law is on YOUR side.:eg:

Err, I was going more for: just because you *CAN* kill a hero this way doesn't mean you should actually attempt it.

I mean sure you offed the hero but what good does it do the villain if the method in which he achieved it causes derision. Beating up Superman makes you look badass, drowning Aquaman just causes people to ask "How the **** does Aquaman drown?"

Perhaps this better illustrates what I mean: If you can kill the hero, always do it in an impressive manner that inspires fear when mentioned whenever possible. The reputation you gain from this can only help you.

Err, I was going more for: just because you *CAN* kill a hero this way doesn't mean you should actually attempt it.

I mean sure you offed the hero but what good does it do the villain if the method in which he achieved it causes derision. Beating up Superman makes you look badass, drowning Aquaman just causes people to ask "How the **** does Aquaman drown?"

Perhaps this better illustrates what I mean: If you can kill the hero, always do it in an impressive manner that inspires fear when mentioned whenever possible. The reputation you gain from this can only help you.

Yes, that says it much better.;)

I still say that being the one who made Aquaman drown would be pretty fear inspiring. It would be like giving the Red Tornado a heart attack. Or killing Firestorm with radiation poisoning. (Did I mention that I actually don't like DC?). People would be soiling themselves trying to figure out how you did it. And even those who know how you did it, would be wondering who would be next to die in the most unlikely way imaginable.

Imagine, every superhero in the world, waiting for the brown-smelly-stuff to hit their own personal round-whirly-thing. Everybody, join with me...

:eg::lol:MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:lol::eg:

I dunno. Charybdis caused Aquaman's hand to be eaten off by pirahna, essentially turning Aquaman's powers against him as I understand the story but nobody's quaking in fear of him. They know what he did and how he did it [i think they do anyhow] but there's no quaking.

Of course I like DC, so that could be why we disagree on this particular point? :)

True.

Perhaps the reason I'm down on the 'drown Aquaman' thing is simply because it ignores one of his primary abilities. He's an ocean dweller after all, he's lived in water all his life, trying to drown him just seems innately lame to me.

Making him fear the water on the other hand, that plays on his weaknesses and is just plain mean, making it a much better plan.

True.

Perhaps the reason I'm down on the 'drown Aquaman' thing is simply because it ignores one of his primary abilities. He's an ocean dweller after all, he's lived in water all his life, trying to drown him just seems innately lame to me.

Making him fear the water on the other hand, that plays on his weaknesses and is just plain mean, making it a much better plan.

You're forgeting the actual mechanics of drowning. You can drown in sand. Drowning is when your lungs fill up with a substance that does not carry extractable amounts of whatever substance you where attempting to obtain through inhalation. Heavy Water cannot be significantly oxygenated.

You're forgeting the actual mechanics of drowning. You can drown in sand. Drowning is when your lungs fill up with a substance that does not carry extractable amounts of whatever substance you where attempting to obtain through inhalation. Heavy Water cannot be significantly oxygenated.

But it can be controlled by Aquaman's water hand and used to free him.

The Things I Learned Playing A Villain...

Rosin is always needed.

Good bow position is paramount.

Those *$#&@ing skinny strings will tear your finger tips if you don't build good calluses

It's a bloody difficult instrument to play.

What?

Hey, that's my schtick!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary smirks that Lucius is just unhappy he didn't think of it first.

But if you're using acid then you're not drowning him are you? No you are in fact dousing him with acid, which is something entirely different, as his body would dissolve in the acid before he even got a chance to drown.

What about pudding???

I like pudding. :doi:

Pudding is good. I like pudding too. Use chocolate pudding, that way he can die happy.:D

Every now and then, do something mercifull. It'll confuse the heck out of everyone.

What about pudding???

I like pudding. :doi:

Well, of course the guy named Golden Age wants to drown him in pudding! It's a natural! Or is that more of a silver age thing? I can see this as a silver age Joker trap. But what kind...?

Golden Age = Chocolate Pudding

Silver Age = Tapioca Pudding

Bronze Age = Pistachio Pudding

Iron Age = Human Pudding

Something I learned listening to Sam Starfall:

Our lives could be downright dangerous if we didn't have the police protecting us from honest citizens.

http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff1100/fv01022.htm

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is starting to get concerned about Lucius Alexander's obsession with this webcomic....but has to admit, it consistently comes up with the most perfectly quotable lines.....

True.

I thought Jay Garett got his super speed from the River Styx?

Jay Garrick, the original golden age Flash, got his powers due to an accident involving heavy water. He's never to my knowledge been near the River Styx and I know for a fact that it didn't figure into his origin.