The Things I Learned Playing A Villain...

Marcus Impudite

Re: The Things I Learned Playing A Villain...

Didn't mean for my reply to sound rude Doctor Agenda' date=' if it did my apologies.[/quote']

Neh, I've got a memory like swiss cheese and nearly forty years of comic reading to sort through, I don't take it personally, I'm just trying to remember where that darn origin story popped into my head from!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heavy Water cannot be significantly oxygenated.

Do you have a citation for this? It might very well be right, but it sounds wrong to me.

Heavy water is ordinary water with its hydrogen replaced with deuterium and/or tritium. I don't see how a mechano-chemical process (oxygenation) would be altered by an atomic change (change of isotope).

As I said, I could be wrong, but I'd like to see a source for your statement, please.

I was wrong' date=' it can be significantly oxygenated, but less so than standard water. I guess it would have to be carbonated water instead.[/quote']

But that line of thought leads eventually to "Lets make an Aquaman smoothie!"

And NOBODY wants that!

New rule:

Never hire a henchman thats smarter than you are.

!

New rule:

Never hire a henchman thats smarter than you are.

I disagree. Always hire the smartest henchmen that you can. If they are truly intelligent, they will know that they don't want the job as "Big Boss." It is much to dangerous. Instead, they will compete to be "Number Two," which has almost all of the perks and not nearly as much danger, at least if you know how to handle the Boss...

Yeah, but as at least one villain has learned, when your henchman is smarter than you are, he's prone to occasionally turning you into a rampaging 50-foot tall monster to menace the heroes with. Very embarrassing. Especially if you specialized in turning other people into monsters before. :o

Yeah' date=' but as at least one villain has learned, when your henchman is smarter than you are, he's prone to occasionally turning you into a rampaging 50-foot tall monster to menace the heroes with. Very embarrassing. Especially if you specialized in turning [i']other [/i]people into monsters before. :o

Ah yes, just like what Prince Lotor (one of my all time favorite villains) did to dear ol' daddy. :eg:

Keep a cadre of ubercompetent lawyers on retainer at all times. Even if you and your minions practically never get arrested, you can still use them to mess with the do-gooders in other ways.

Openly support at least one high-profile charity or other public service. Your dealings, in this case, should be absolutely honest and above board.

This achieves two things:

1. An improved reputation with the general public;

2. Your foes drive themselves crazy, trying unsuccessfully to figure out what you are REALLY up to.

Be cool.

Get the best name you can, cool costume, good lines. Make sure you go for classic and not trendy. This way you can be a fan favorite and continually brought back. Dr. Doom gets more returns than Hypno Hustler. It also helps if there are at least some threats out there you could make common cause with the heroes against.

Always have a good excuse to immediately leave where you are and go somewhere far away. Make sure this excuse is usable at any time of day or night, no matter what is going on where you are.

Thus, you are never running away. You are taking care of other business.

Don't stick around and engage the heroes? Take your ill-gotten gain, and get the heck out of Dodge, or Gotham, or...

Really... why wait around to get beat up? Take a lesson from Grab, and get away with your objectives. Much easier than fighting.

Your beautiful daughter WILL fall in love with your archenemy. Include that in your master plan.

To expand,

Never have a beautiful daughter, because she'll fall in love with your archenemy. Also, never have an ugly daughter, who may easily swoon and be swayed by the kind words of your archenemy.

Actually, just don't have kids. Seriously, rule the world while you can, and let terror and plunder be your only legacies left behind. Having a vasectomy should be the first step of your master plan.

Actually, just don't have kids. Seriously, rule the world while you can, and let terror and plunder be your only legacies left behind. Having a vasectomy should be the first step of your master plan.[/b]

But if I don't have kids I can't have a cute little grandaughter who, when the heroes burst into my inner sanctum, will ask why they are attacking grandpa forcing them to monologue about ethics, morals, etc. and who can, when she hears all this claptrap, push the button to drop them into the mutant crocodile pit. Trust me the only thing less ethical than an Evil Overlord is an eight year old with pet mutant crocodiles.

Oh and she can double as my 8 year old adviser (who can point out all the holes in my master plan)

Hey I've read my Handbook (including the extended version)

To expand,

Never have a beautiful daughter, because she'll fall in love with your archenemy.

To the contrary:

Having an archenemy who is in love with your beautiful daughter or just feels guilty that her love is unrequited gives you all kinds of opportunities to mess with both of them.

Don't be too successful. After all, if you defeat all the heroes and become President Of Planet Earth what's left to do? You'll end up releasing any captured heroes that you have lying around just to let them have another go at you to keep things interesting!

Don't be too successful. After all' date=' if you defeat all the heroes and become President Of Planet Earth what's left to do? You'll end up releasing any captured heroes that you have lying around just to let them have another go at you to keep things interesting![/quote']

Very simple.

After becoming Supreme Ruler of the World, I will get a life. Look for new challenges instead of recycling old ones - try a new hobby, catch up on my reading, do some travelling, etc.. If feelings of boredom / letdown / insecurity start pushing me towards self-destructive behaviour, I will seek professional help.