WWYCD: Bodyparts Away!

OddHat

One of your character's bodyparts has gained a mind of its own, leaped or otherwise moved off of the rest of your character's body, and is happily dancing, bouncing or rolling through the world having adventures of its own.

In universes too serious for this to happen, it happened anyway. Maybe an extradimensional imp did it. Or a mad scientist with his "Partarticulate Ray".

Which bodypart has freed itself from you character, and WWYCD?

Re: WWYCD: Bodyparts Away!

Sparky: Is now chasing his tail as it wags its way through the world.

Outsider: Is having a proverbial 'another day at the office.' He's already got a mass of mischievous tentacles that don't listen to him (minds out of the gutter, people!)

Once no longer attached to his body, they'd probably be off giving people a reason to put their minds in the gutter....

Brainstorm: Would probably be lying in ICU on life support, his brain off whimpering in a corner somewhere as it wondered what the blazes the Organization was up to now that managed to separate him like this. Fortunately, he'd still be capable of calling his partner to carry him around, refresh his saline solution, that sorta thing, so he wouldn't be totally helpless....

Oh, my character :o

Well, that's the weirdest WWYCD I've ever seen. I guess it all depends which body part has been enchanted by that pesky 5th Dimensional Emp. I would guess it was probably an arm (what good is a leg flopping around... except for kicking some behind, I guess).

Well, It's time for Dr. Castle to seek out the local authority on magic: Spellbinder. Hopefully, he'll be able to spread some light on the most unusual situation.

If magic doesn’t help (or Spellbinder is off defending this realm from a 2400 tentacled realm usurper) then Dr. Castle would resort to that which he is best acquainted… science. With a background as a doctor and incredible technical skills it probably wouldn’t be too hard to create a cybernetic arm. The arm would respond to the Chroma-Belt since it’s a field generator that produces the powers of BASTION.

I suppose, when all is said and done, Sebastian (Dr. Castle) would have to go retrieve the darn thing. Maybe he’d put it in formaldehyde to keep it from rotting until he found a way to reattach it. Who knows, the cyber-arm would give Dr. Castle some options without donning the Chroma-Belt... maybe he'd keep it.

Some would probably consider this a normal situation for Reinard as he's a toon and could theoretically get by without any of his parts. But, whatever it was, he's probably be in pursuit of it. However it's possible to. Given recent cartoon trends (not that he's trendy, but sometimes it happens), it could be anything but most likely his head. At which point, he's as good as useless since then the headless fox is practically blind, deaf, and anosmic and pretty much is left wandering around in search of it, bumping walls and similar stuff.

UPDATE: And somebody luckily finds the fox head, along with a number of other lost superhero parts, and some nice stranger buys the head and returns it. :P (see http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44987, post # 14)

Edit: I must find Doctor Typo and smite him....

Well, War Wolf is a robot, and as such, the idea of interchangeable and removable body parts isn't particular alien to him. Last time he got dismembered (KA that did high Body, low Stun), he casually remarked "Dammit, that was my favorite arm," and slugged the guy with his remaining hand. :)

Anyway, thanks to his 'Metalmorphosis' ability, he can regrow his missing body part (hell, that's probably WHY the body part split off) and chase it down ... he'd probably assume that the body part is going to spawn a new him, probably an evil one.

Then, there'd be some diagnostics done to see if his weapons driver is malfunctioning ...

I hope it's my you-know-what and that it's having a GREAT time "dancing / bouncing / rolling through the world" as you put it. Otherwise it's still under my wife's control and remanded to a solitary life in the medicine chest.

"Boooorn Freeeeee!"

Tao would assume some sort of attack by an illusionist.

Ivy would probably assume that it as her subconsious since she can already create autonomous ducplicates of herself

Eve: Similar to Ivy

Shidoku; She's having a flashback to some half remember experimentation with hallucinagens.

The only reason I'm not participating is that one of my characters is female' date=' and... well, I don't like the idea of "bouncing boobies" [i']that[/i] much, thankyouverymuch... :ugly:

It doesn't have to be those. It could be anything at all. Nor does it have to be that character.:)

Well, my males are protective of their winkies. And my reptile wouldn't want to do anything with this--it'll be too tempting for other predators to eat his bouncing tail while he regrows it.

Besides... do you want some pervert getting their hands on your "bouncing" bits? :lol:

Well, my males are protective of their winkies. And my reptile wouldn't want to do anything with this--it'll be too tempting for other predators to eat his bouncing tail while he regrows it.

Besides... do you want some pervert getting their hands on your "bouncing" bits? :lol:

Touche'. Valid points all.

Jake the Troll - would probably be his left hand or right eye, as loosing either of those sounds suitibly norse and quasi-mythic. Jake, not being particularly norse nor mythic (at least in terms of thought processes) would go "Bwa?!" Then he'd probably ask one of his teachers what he should do. This is assuming that he's not bleeding toxic blood all around the room, of course - if that was the case, he'd try VERY hard to get away from anything that may melt, and wait for his body to stop squirting. Then he'd remember that he's a troll, and that it would grow back in a couple of hours.

Shinji Miromoto would assume that one of his teammates (a couple of whom have really wierd powers) was experimenting on him. Either that, or he was having a prophetic vision, or something. As he doesn't have the ability to heal himself, he'd try to get his limb back, and figure out which teammate was doing this - if anything happened to (say) his leg, he'd be a cripple for life, and that's pretty darn serious.

• 3 weeks later...

If it was his hands or arms, Vitus would be screwed. All his spells require gestures. Even his teammates have made him quite helpless by glueing him to a wall with whale vomit. Of course, it didn't do his temper any good and neither would chasing down the Hairy Paw of Magical Doom. Gods help anybody that gets in the way...