new to the hero system, so howdy!!!!

monster

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: new to the hero system, so howdy!!!!

Rep is for "reputation." It is basically a system by which we give points to each other as a sort of pat on the back and "'atta boy/girl/thing."

Until you have 50 posts, you have no rep power. However, your rep power increases with the reputation you receive.

The little green bars under "rep power" in the upper right box of your posts is a visual indicator of your rep power. However, once you pass a certain point, the bars can't keep up with the actual number.

Savvy?

repped? hit? excuse my ignorance im still new to this online community stuff.

See the green bars at the top right of your posts?

Rep Power: 0 reputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_highpos.gifreputation_highpos.gif

You can see who has given you reputation (which is meaningless fun) by clicking at the top left where it shows:

User CP

Your rep giving ability or 'Rep Power' will not increase above 0 until you make at least 50 posts in the game related threads.

Yeah... Steve...? We're going to have to ask you to come in this Saturday...

Sorry. *cough* Where's my hat?

Welcome, monster. I am the Lord Captain Thia Halmades. I'll be occassionally argumentative, often insightful, and usually friendly. I'm like you - I joined the board in November, bought my first HERO book in... gah... September I think is when I started harassing Steve via email. Joined here and... *glances at his post count* it sorta speaks for itself.

My passion, like yours, is world construction. I focus on telling stories and building worlds in which to tell those stories. As you familiarize yourself with the system I and the other luminaries will help you with the growing pains associated with the absolute freedom to build ANYTHING. Like.

ANYTHING. Including, but not limited too: silverware, tupperware, outerwear, rubber bands, rope (the world's largest multipower!), a book shelf, a Hero Con Booth, and if I have my way, Baked Cheetos.

Which doesn't count: my own work on the Star Hero board to build HALO Hero, the gabillion links Lord Liaden & TheQuestionMan have, all the excitement going in Fantasy Hero, which is my wheelhouse, and other sundry projects.

And ignore Susano. He tries to slide by with that "dues" stuff. You don't owe us your soul until after the four month trial period is over.

And ignore Susano. He tries to slide by with that "dues" stuff. You don't owe us your soul until after the four month trial period is over.

Come to think of it... you haven't paid your dues either. :eg:

Welcome Valkyrie! ...er, monster!

(wich my future players are calling diet hero)

That's really funny.

I'd go for building mostly with Sidekick first, then when you have a weird question, see if The Big Book can answer it. Hmm, actually reading up on expanded Multipowers, Environmental Controls, Variable Power Pools and other Frameworks might help out a bit.

Plus don't be afraid to ask questions here. As you can see, we are a friendly bunch, and as a group love to tackle difficult or off-beat character builds.

*loads his weapons with a distinct clatter of metal parts and chambered rounds*

S'fine. Y'all go to GenCon and throw y'all's little party when yeh git back. We'll settle up then. :eg:

Spent too much time in Blood Gulch I see.

Or not enough. I needed a change, and lately I've been craving something very run'n'gun, and I've got ZIPPY in my games library that really "fills" that need. Halo isn't plodding, but it certainly is carefully paced. So I'm at a loss. RPGs - which I have a CRAPLOAD of, aren't quite meeting my gaming needs at the moment. Last game I played start to finish was Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (oddly, an RPG) and since there I've been sort of wandering.

however, I did get my new 360 disk a couple weeks back and saw the trailed for Halo 3 and just about fell off the couch. Daaaaaaaamn.

So' date=' having read thru the sidekick book (wich my future players are calling diet hero)[/quote']
LOL. I'm surprised no one's thought of that name before. ;)
Yeah' date=' he is soooo getting repped for that.[/quote']

(sigh) I'm going to have to put a "Diet HERO" card in the Magic project now, aren't I? I already have a "Sidekick" card... wonder what I could do for the "Diet HERO" version...?

Or not enough. I needed a change, and lately I've been craving something very run'n'gun, and I've got ZIPPY in my games library that really "fills" that need. Halo isn't plodding, but it certainly is carefully paced. So I'm at a loss. RPGs - which I have a CRAPLOAD of, aren't quite meeting my gaming needs at the moment. Last game I played start to finish was Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (oddly, an RPG) and since there I've been sort of wandering.

however, I did get my new 360 disk a couple weeks back and saw the trailed for Halo 3 and just about fell off the couch. Daaaaaaaamn.

Diablo 2.

There's always room for D2.

Gah, no, that's precisely the pacing I'm trying to AVOID. I've done more f'ing hack'n'slash games than I can reasonably count. I'm playing Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal right now, and that's doing the trick so far. Although Metropolis, as a level, is a whore.

Oh, right, almost forgot. In addition to being a Hero DM (HAH!) I'm also one of the local board lords well versed in videogames of all stripes, fantasy, writing & the mechanics thereof, and football (E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!). So feel free to ask about any of those topics, and I'll be happy to lend a hand.

And, of course, d20 & its various iterations.

man,you guys are almost overwhelming!

thanks for all your help and humor. btw i just started a thread in fantasy nothig spectacular yet but just wait. i,m also thinking about reviving that little art thread (it was cool)over there.

and there is no such thing as too much time in blood gulch. ever.:sneaky:

(sigh) I'm going to have to put a "Diet HERO" card in the Magic project now' date=' aren't I? I already [u']have[/u] a "Sidekick" card... wonder what I could do for the "Diet HERO" version...?

Give a new poster a rep counter for each poster already in play?

Welcome to the game, monster.

Monster: unless my data is grossly inaccurate, Susano doesn't *play* Videogames - he simply makes fun of those of us who do. More importantly, he's an anime/CGI buff, so he's seen tons of Red vs. Blue - which is why he knows Blood Gulch, and New Mombasa, and Sidewinder, but I think that's the extent of the maps in the game.

He does not, for example, know that it's the LRV-12. But I like to call it the Warthog.