4e Champions Question

Metaphysician

Okay, I've seen the original, 250 point writeups of the 4e Champions. I also have seen the WotD writeup for Seeker.

Other than these, I've heard there was a 550 writeup for Solitaire in Ultimate Supermage, and intermediate writeups for everybody in, I think, an Adventurer's Club article.

So, my question: what exactly did they do with the Champs in their experienced writeups?

Re: 4e Champions Question

What is "WotD"?
Watchers of the Dragon -- to my mind' date=' one of the most innovative books from the ICE Age (part Enemies book, part adventure scenario, part Martial Arts World sourcebook, part fiction novella, and much more). It's a pity it apparently didn't go over real well. I could deal with having one of these for each [i']Ultimate[/i] book as they come out.

Yep. One of the few 4e books I have. Took a while to get a hold of, but was well worth it.

A whole hell of alot of the content is showing up in 5e in one way or another, too. A couple of the individual heroes and villains have recurred in various books. Dr Yin Wu got a HPA all to himself. The Tournament of the Dragon is still in the setting, as is Yeng Tao. Tiger Squad will be showing back up in VVV. A bunch more stuff will probably appear when a Dragon sourcebook eventually comes along.

Other than these' date=' I've heard there was a 550 writeup for Solitaire in Ultimate Supermage, [/quote']

Ultimate Mentalist?

and intermediate writeups for everybody in, I think, an Adventurer's Club article.

So, my question: what exactly did they do with the Champs in their experienced writeups?

There were "experienced" writeups in the 4th edition Champions Universe. Maybe there were some in an Adventurer's Club article as well; I never saw an issue.

Without checking my books, I think the characters all got a significant power-up across the board. I remember Seeker's experienced writeup having a lot of interesting perks (contacts/favors), that were supposed to represent the result of his "solo adventures." Both Defender and Obsidian got martial arts (Defender's was "flightsuit fighting" with a lot of FMove elements; Obsidian's was not quite a "brick tricks" martial art, but had, I believe, Martial Block defined as "Toughness" and the like).

The Champions all had expanded backstories that described what happened since the team formed and all had grown in their own ways.

-Defender was faster & tougher with a Flyby attack martial art. He also had a huge EB with like x7 END. The text said Quantum had nagged him into upping his weaponry.

-Jaguar was fater, tougher, and a better fighter. His human ID was *much* more developed as a investigator/PI with super level skills, but still needed the Jaguar form to fight.

-Obsiden was bigger and stronger with a grab & hold focused martial art. (explained as being taught by a mentor sent from his homeworld to keep an eye on him, then mind controlled). He now had an evil Clone created by Malachite (4th Eds answer to Telios)

-Seeker had alot more maneuvers, a lot more skill levels, a *ton* of favors and contacts from his solo adventures, and had actually paid the points to use that arsenal of weapons strapped to him. (His 250 point writup only let him use about half of it)

-Quantum had a bunch more Multipower Slots and was described as being more forceful and increasingly violent as time went on, but still trying to be a hero.

-Solitare had a bigger multipower any may have had a small Magic VPP. She had gotten better and more flexible, but hadn't actually changed much.

That's because it was a Hero Plus download that you could purchase either as a straight download' date='or in a printed format.I still have my printed copy.[/quote']

I assume it's no longer available to download, having been superseded by Ultimate Mystic and/or Mystic World. The completist in me wonders: does it ever show up on Ebay?

I assume it's no longer available to download' date=' having been superseded by Ultimate Mystic and/or Mystic World. The completist in me wonders: does it ever show up on Ebay?[/quote']

I have occasionally seen it in a packaged two-floppy-disc set on eBay, which was one format in which it was originally sold. It was also part of a CD, The Ultimate Ultimate Collection, which includes the 4E Ultimate Martial Artist, Ultimate Mentalist, and Ultimate Supermage Bestiary. That was put out during the Cybergames era, originally around $50.00 US IIRC, but I picked up the CD not long ago from Titan Games for $10.00 plus shipping.

I should add that there are a number of artifacts, creatures, spells and the like written up in USM and USMB that didn't make it into the 5E Ultimate Mystic, The Mystic World and Arcane Adversaries, including a few that those books refer to but don't stat out.