18 PD 5
18 ED 4
4 SPD 13
12 REC 14
50 END 5
44 STUN 12
6" RUN02" SWIM03" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 119

Cost Power END
33 Speedy Bike: Multipower, 50-point reserve, all slots Doesn't stack with base Running ability (+0) (50 Active Points); all slots Turn Mode (-1/4), Physical Manifestation (-1/4)
3u 1) High Gear: Running 11", x8 Noncombat, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (48 Active Points)
3u 2) Low Gear: Running 20", Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (50 Active Points) 2
19 Water Bottle: Multipower, 56-point reserve, (56 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1), 4 Charges (-1)
3u 1) Refreshing!: Healing END 5 1/2d6 (55 Active Points) 0
2u 2) Makeshift fire extinguisher: Dispel Fire 15d6, any Fire power one at a time (+1/4) (56 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) 0
16 Protein Bars: Simplified Healing 4d6 (40 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), OIF (-1/2) [4]
30 Spandex: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) 0
8 Helmet and Gloves: Armor (8 PD/0 ED) (12 Active Points); Only to prevent damage from Move By/Move Throughs (-1/2) 0
-4 Bike Shoes: Running -2" (-4 Active Points) 0
10 Polarized Sunglasses: Sight Group Flash Defense (10 points) 0
20 Headlight: Sight Group Flash 5d6 (25 Active Points); Inaccurate 1/2 OCV (-1/4) 2
19 Headlight: Sight Group Images Increased Size (4" radius; +1/2), +/-4 to PER Rolls, 4 Continuing Charges lasting 20 Minutes each (+1/4) (38 Active Points); Only To Create Light (-1) [4 cc]
10 Rearview Mirror: Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with Sight Group 0
15 Bike Power: +20 STR, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (30 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Only to do more damage for Move By/Move Throughs (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 187

Cost Skill
3 Conversation 13-
3 Seduction 13-
3 Persuasion 13-
3 PS: Insurance Salesman 13-
3 Bureaucratics 13-
3 Mechanics 12-
3 Combat Driving 12-
3 KS: Bicycles 12-
2 Language: Spanish (fluent conversation)
2 Navigation (Land) 12-
9 +3 with Bike-related attacks
8 +2 with DCV (10 Active Points); Only while riding his bike forward (-1/4)
Skills Cost: 45

Total Character Cost: 351

Val Disadvantages
20 Normal Characteristic Maxima
20 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Very Frequently, Major)
20 Dependent NPC: Wife 8- (Incompetent; Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID)
10 Dependence: Gatorade Weakness: -3 To Characteristic Rolls and related rolls per time increment (Very Common, 20 Minutes)
5 Hunted: Dogs 8- (Less Pow, Harshly Punish)
20 Psychological Limitation: Believes he has a destiny to fulfill (Common, Total)
5 Rivalry: Professional (Other cyclists; Rival is As Powerful; Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival; Rival Aware of Rivalry)
15 Psychological Limitation: Showoff (Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Overconfident (Very Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Adrenaline Junkie (Common, Total)

Disadvantage Points: 155

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Re: Superhero idea: The Cycler

Hmmm, a very different and original character.

You might want to consider taking the limitation Foci on some of his powers that have biking gear as special effects. The point savings could go into improving his DEX and Speed. A 4 Speed is low for most superherioc campaigns and ridiculously low for a character that is essentailly a a speedster.

Though I didn't read the character yet, I found it amusing that somebody else used a concept like this. In my Unremarkables campaign, out character Pizza Boy, is a luck-mongering kid who uses trick riding with his bike to fight.

We came up with all manner of special powers like Armor, Entangle, Jump, etc, and tied them to the use of his bike as well as making sure that any of his combat manuevers were those usable with weapons too. The weapon of course was his bike.

Hmm, is there a template for HD to export vB code then? :)

Yeah, 96 KPH is booking, especially in low gear, but that's at non-combat speeds, so 48 KPH/30 MPH in combat, still pretty quick. You'd really only use Low Gear mode for combat, and switch it up to High Gear mode for getting around town (211 KPH, yikes). It IS a magical bike so it oughta be pretty quick.

I didn't build the bike as a focus or a vehicle for one main reason. When you clip your shoes into the pedals, you become one with the bike. ;) So, it can't really be taken away but if it was significantly damaged, it wouldn't move forward very well, hence the Physical Manifestation to the Running bonuses. I built several others things as Foci, for example the Water Bottle and the Protein Bars. But, I figured the Spandex and Helmet were cheap enough and really something that he should never have trouble with losing that they didn't need to be Foci.

I once was in a humor campaign with some charries like this. Only one I really remember was The Housewife.

She had a HA: Rolling Pin, a HKA: Frying Pan, a Dispel: Vacuum Cleaner (DustDevil kind; carryable and battery power), PRE Attack (Mom-nagging), and like that. Very funny. :D

I once was in a humor campaign with some charries like this. Only one I really remember was The Housewife.

She had a HA: Rolling Pin, a HKA: Frying Pan, a Dispel: Vacuum Cleaner (DustDevil kind; carryable and battery power), PRE Attack (Mom-nagging), and like that. Very funny. :D

25kivd2.gif

25kivd2.gif

You're repeating yourself redundantly again. ;):snicker:

Nice stuff in the zip file, BTW.