Question: What different Game Systems for Superheroes?

schir1964

Re: Question: What different Game Systems for Superheroes?

That is a tough one. I'll leave it off for now, but that may change later.

Does anyone know any details about the following:

SuperMegatopia

IHero

Powergame

Man & Superman

Heroic Visons

Are they supplements?

Complete standalone RPG systems?

- Christopher Mullins

SuperMegatopia is theoretically a stand alone game. It uses the same system as "Unsanctioned" (is that on the list?). The game itself is not really great. But then it was brought to you by the fine folks who squeezed out "Foundation" so that should tell you something. :)

Heroic Visions is it's own system.

SuperMegatopia is theoretically a stand alone game. It uses the same system as "Unsanctioned" (is that on the list?). The game itself is not really great. But then it was brought to you by the fine folks who squeezed out "Foundation" so that should tell you something. :)

Heroic Visions is it's own system.

Both have been added.

Unsanctioned is already on the list.

Is Unsantioned a Superhero System also?

- Christopher Mullins

Looking at my shelves I see, not on the list:

Cosmic Enforcers. - SF supers, but supers

Capes - an Indy game, but it could be argued that it isn't really a roleplaying game - definatly non traditional.

Foundation was mentioned, which I didn't thing would be.

Capes, Foundation, Coscmic Enforcers, yeah I have some really bad games in SHRPG collection.

I'm not including computer games, but are you suggesting they are creating their own tabletop rpg?

- Christopher Mullins

They are, by Eden Studios. I was going to include it (since the CCG is already out), but figured that, since it has yet to be released, it could wind up as vaporware.

What are these like?

Added.

- Christopher Mullins

Super Ace Agents was very early, and Stellar Games is long dead. Still, it was a fun comedy Supers game with a sort of simplified Champions approach to character building (random stats, point purchase of powers). Skills were a straight percentage system, as was combat. Invulnerability was handled with two systems, massive Hit Point force fields that had to be chopped through and recovered very quickly or armor that subtracted from each attack. Its main flaw in combat was that, like many Supers games, you were either fine or dead, with very little in between. Fun setting drawing mainly on 80s adventure cartoons, mainly GI Joe.

Risus Supers is one of the many free RPGs spun off of Risus, a comedy universal role playing system. It's really just a dead simple character creation and task resolution system, but it can be tweaked and used for serious games if that strikes the GMs fancy and he's willing to put some work into it.