Seeking MA Info/Help

clsage

I'll admit I'm not so skilled when it comes to building MA's for

HERO system and my "Google-Fu" has (so far) failed me so I

could use some help:

I'm looking to build/adapt a MA framework for "Kaysee(SP?)

Fighting Technique" as seen in "Batman Begins". According to my

recollections of the documentary regarding the fight scenes

(as found on the two disk DVD) the technique uses mostly

elbows, forearms and upper-body strikes (head-buts, etc).

Any thoughts ?

Thanks.

-Carl-

Re: Seeking MA Info/Help

The name of the martial art you are looking for is the Keysi Fighting Method, also known as Keysi or KFM. Here is a link to a page that specifically talks about it in the movie. The real meat of the article starts in paragraph five.

Hopefully you have a copy of The Ultimate Martial Artist which contains the rules for building your own martial arts styles. You can buy it as a PDF from the online store.

From my reading of the previously mentioned article it sounds like the style would be heavily into attacks, Strikes, Killing Strikes, etc.

EDIT: After isolating the correct name I found the following website which probably has a lot more information about KFM itself. I hope this helps.

The name of the martial art you are looking for is the Keysi Fighting Method' date=' also known as Keysi or KFM. Here is a link to a page that specifically talks about it in the movie. The real meat of the article starts in paragraph five.

Hopefully you have a copy of The Ultimate Martial Artist which contains the rules for building your own martial arts styles. You can buy it as a PDF from the online store.

From my reading of the previously mentioned article it sounds like the style would be heavily into attacks, Strikes, Killing Strikes, etc.

EDIT: After isolating the correct name I found the following website which probably has a lot more information about KFM itself. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the leads....:D

I do have a copy of UMA...Now I just need to sharpen my "HERO-Fu"

and try working out the details.....

Thanks again.

-Carl-

Now I just need to sharpen my "HERO-Fu"

I just experienced a sudden compulsion to stat out "HERO-Fu" in a style parodying the custom Martial Arts maneveurs.

. . . the trouble being, I don't actually own a copy of The Ultimate Martial Artist.

HERO Fu

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Examine Post +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Ignore Post -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 New Post +0 +2 4d6 Strike

3 Quote Post -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 20 STR for holding on

4 Counter-Post Quote +0 +0 6d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab

To simulate this style I'd mostly focus on combat levels and and some DCs. Give him combat sense talent as well for the awareness aspect, and probably defense maneuver IV.

Maneuver-wise its simpler: martial strike, defensive strike, fast strike, joint break, defensive throw, should grab it up quock. The DCs represent the brutal nature, the more defensive options have DCV built in for being in balance and ready at all times, and allow him to abort. Of course martial block, martial dodge can be used in addition if you like, and counter-strike is probably very relevant as well, though possibly redundant.

HERO Fu

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

Very good, but you forgot:

5 Off-Topic Post -1 +2 2d6 NND, Target Falls

:)

HERO Fu

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

Very good, but you forgot:

5 Off-Topic Post -1 +2 2d6 NND, Target Falls

:)

And let's not forget:

4 Flame Poster -2 +0 HKA ½d6 (2 DC), 10 STR(Rep Power) Min, +1 DC per +10 Rep Power

- Vassoom

From what I've seen of their stuff, it seems like rather typical Inosanto Blend material, with a different name (probably for marketing, but quite possibly for other philosophical or stylistic reasons). The moves you see in the Batman Begins documentary is almost all fancy entries and trapping range work. A lot of it struck me as having a strong Southeast Asian flavor, which is typical of the Inosanto Academy curriculum. In fact, Justo is still listed as one of the Inosanto Academy’s Active Instructors for Spain.

Anyhow, stepping into HERO system terms, you could easily justify pulling maneuvers off the lists for Arnis/Escrima/Kail, Pentjak Silat, Jeet Kune Do and Muay Thai. If you feel like adding a bit more grappling, some of the moves from Wrestling and Judo might be appropriate to represent the use of Japanese Shooto or Brazilian Jiu- Jitsu techniques.