Wierdest powers...

AdamLeisemann

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wierdest powers...

Jhamin must DIE!!!

I cannot describe how much I hate that show. I watched one half an episode and actually felt my brain cells commiting suicide to escape the torture. Afterward I was able to understand the humor in South Park though.

In any case, no, we must absolutely forget... that show... at all costs.

I actually enjoy the occasional episode of that series, because I understand its premise -- Bobobo lives in a world that is utterly bat-**** crazy, and if your world is bat-**** crazy it pays to be the bat-**** craziest mutha out there.

I also like the way they take the viewpoint character and screw her over at every opportunity. beauty expects the world to make sense, despite an enormous quantity of evidence to the contrary. Thus she is completely detached from reality, which makes her the least sane character in the history of animation.

From another supers game -- Mr. Scarse. He could reduce something to 10% of its former quantity or quality. IIRC' date=' it even applied to abstractions, like intelligence or wear.[/quote']

I remember Mr. Scarce! He was in the V&V book Most Wanted, Vol. 3 *I never saw Volumes 1 or 2). I never got to see him in play, but he's a damn scary concept for a character, one of several characters in that book which were damn scary.

I wish i remembered where I could find a copy of that book. t came with conversion notes for the then-current edition of Champions, which needless to say is very different from Hero 5E.

I remember Mr. Scarce! He was in the V&V book Most Wanted' date=' Vol. 3 *I never saw Volumes 1 or 2). I never got to see him in play, but he's a damn scary concept for a character, one of several characters in that book which were damn scary.[/quote']

Thank you! I could not for the LIFE of me remember which game he was from!

Well, since no one has mentioned them yet, several of the Freshmen have rather weird powers, or at least weird takes on otherwise normal super powers:

The Quaker: Can cause earthquakes by shaking his belly. He's also Amish and doesn't quite understand why his teammates insist on calling him the Quaker.

The Green Thumb: He can talk to plants. In general, plants are not nice "people". They also really hate being pruned or eaten, which is difficult on the Green Thumb since he's a vegetarian.

The Drama Twins: These two have telekinesis that only works when they are touching each other. Renee can only pull objects and Brady can only push them. They are not actually twins and got their specific power because they were having sex at the time of the radiation accident.

The Intoxicator: His super burps intoxicate anyone that smells them, however his power only works if he is himself high or drunk at the time, which he pretty much always is these days. Prior to getting his super powers, he was a strait arrow and was one of the brightest of the bunch.

Long Dong: 15 ft long indestructible penis. He's not one of the main team mates, so we haven't really seen what he can do. This is probably a good thing...

I found myself wondering how to model the power to deflect inclement weather such as tornadoes' date=' making them go somewhere else.[/quote']

Enormous amounts of Change Environment... or enormous amounts TK versus air and/or weather.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the weirdest, nastiest and deadliest supervillains I've ever seen is Doctor jackal from Getbackers, who had somehow found a way to keep a near-infinite supply of razor sharp scalpels inside his body, where he could extrude them at will to use as hand-to-hand or ranged weapons.

The only thing greater than Doctor Jackal's lethality was his near-infinite sadism and love of inflicting fear, pain and misery. Ban would end up paying again and again for the fact that it was so damn difficult to kill the Doctor.

Ban had a really interesting power himself -- an "evil eye" with which he could subject a single enemy to an utterly convincing one-minute hallucination that might begin as something the victim wanted to see (such as Ban meeting a vicious demise) but turns into a horrific nightmare. Afterwards, Ban would often ironically say "I hope you enjoyed your dream".

One of the weirdest' date=' nastiest and deadliest supervillains I've ever seen is Doctor jackal from [i']Getbackers[/i], who had somehow found a way to keep a near-infinite supply of razor sharp scalpels inside his body, where he could extrude them at will to use as hand-to-hand or ranged weapons.

Probably keeps them in the same place that Paladin Alexander Anderson keeps his bayonets -- the 4th Dimension.

I think Crazy Jane from Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol was one of the oddest and most fascinating characters I've seen. She suffered from multiple personality disorder, and each of her 64 personalities had its own super power, some of them exceedingly weird. For example, The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter could bring her paintings to life, and Lucy Fugue somehow managed to set up vibrations that slowed to a crawl the pace at which God's negative counterpart could unmake the universe. :eek: