Who uses or has used Dr. McQuark?

TheRavenIs

Re: Who uses or has used Dr. McQuark?

Dr. McQuark is one of the very, very few nopn-original characters I ever used in my Champions game. Of course, he was still heavily modified into more of a Doc Brown character, but I really enjoyed "The Blood and Dr. McQuark".

He eventually became a kind of time-travelling harbinger of crises. You could always tell he was coming because his hat would materialize first. See, he was chasing it, and could never quite catch up.

Keith "Where's my HAT???" Curtis

I loved Dr. McQuark - one of my favorite supplements from the old edition. We used him extensively as a foil to one of the PCs - with his gadgets, he formed the best possible foil for the magic-wielder. Of course, he was also handy when constructing and repairing the super-base...

I used him a couple of times. He and his nemesis (Ferguson) were, light hearted, or background characters for down time adventures.

then I got the original Champions Universe where he was described as going out of business and disappearing. I ran that as a minor mystery since my players kinda liked him.

Ferguson had developed a similar business for villains and used his money to harass McQuark. He also developed a team of armored mercenaries (I used the Steel Brigade from Strikeforce) to physically harass the Superhero Supply and Gymnasum. Once a few of McQuark's employees (and friends) were injured, he shut the place down and went into hiding.

Players got to the bottom of it and the climax of the adventure was a fight between the Steel Brigade and Ferguson and McQuark and his crew in their own armors (PC's played McQuark's team) it was a fun one shot before a bigger adventure that never was completed due to college.

Dr. McQuark and his facilities played an important role in a past campaign of mine, but not as originally written. When I saw the diverse backgrounds and talents of the members of his staff, and McQuark's own childlike wonder and enthusiasm, I decided that rather than a supertech supplier they would work better as a training facility for young supers, a variant on Professor X's school, but more public and less staid. I mixed in a few of the NPCs from Normals Unbound with teaching or training expertise, and we were off to the races.

I mean, the receptionist talks to people through stuffed animals. If that isn't a great way to get through to troubled children, I don't know what is.

I've used him in some of my previous (pre5E) games.

I always ran him as one of the more selfless and innocent individuals in my games (most of the other NPCs - even other heroes, had their own agendas and goals that didn't always mesh with he PC's.).

One of the players even ran an android that had been created by Dr. McQuark.

He appeared in the Third Edition Champions "Organization Book III," The Blood and Dr. McQuark. He was an eccentric super-scientist, with a personality that would play well on Doctor Who. Having reason to be grateful to superheroes, he opened a business, "Dr. McQuark's Superhero Supply and Gymnasium," providing equipment and services to superheroes. Gadgets and vehicles, costumes and training facilities were all offered at reasonable rates.

Dr. McQuark's name was also sometimes used under Fourth Edition in connection with new gadget or vehicle writeups, as a feature in Adventurers Club and at least one published book that I know of.