HERO System 1/4-page damage tracker sheet handout

Flames

Last session of HERO I played, I noticed players trying to keep track of STUN & END on the margins of their character sheets and I thought that there must be an easier way.

I looked around for a combat tracker sheet and couldn't find one. Maybe the HERO System Resource kit comes with one, but I don't remember. So I pulled up InDesign and got busy.

I'm planning on printing the attached sheet, 4 on a page and quartered, and handing them out to players next session (I'm not even the GM) to help in tracking damage and END from one Segment to the next, and also what Phases they act on.

The sheet looks a little like those ones they give you at minigolf courses.

Every time Segment 12 comes up, it's time for a fresh sheet.

I'll post the full PDF version if anyone wants it and I don't get a threatening C&D from Steve.

In the meantime, are there any suggestions out there for improving it?

Re: HERO System 1/4-page damage tracker sheet handout

Last session of HERO I played, I noticed players trying to keep track of STUN & END on the margins of their character sheets and I thought that there must be an easier way.

I looked around for a combat tracker sheet and couldn't find one. Maybe the HERO System Resource kit comes with one, but I don't remember. So I pulled up InDesign and got busy.

I'm planning on printing the attached sheet, 4 on a page and quartered, and handing them out to players next session (I'm not even the GM) to help in tracking damage and END from one Segment to the next, and also what Phases they act on.

The sheet looks a little like those ones they give you at minigolf courses.

Every time Segment 12 comes up, it's time for a fresh sheet.

I'll post the full PDF version if anyone wants it and I don't get a threatening C&D from Steve.

In the meantime, are there any suggestions out there for improving it?

Why would you get a C&D for posting a single sheet PDF of 4 of these on a page?

Post away!

I prefer PDF anyways, I find them easier to organize and having one with a single letter page tiled with 4 of them would be very convenient.

TB

We just started a new Champions campaign here' date=' and for the first time in a loooong time I've got a character who's very END-intensive. So I'll give this a try next game, see how it works. Thanx![/quote']

Oh, really?

So, when do we see a posting of this character? :D

Okay, you got it.

Here's hoping this thing comes in handy for players.

Gonna have to try this myself. Seems like a great tool for a GM, as well as characters.

I did find the format a little wonky (with seg12 at the top), but I understand it.

Might I suggest an extra column (whatever) for END Reserve? Just in case... though that is probably not as common...

As I've thought about the sheet more and more, I've considered expanding it to a full page and having it go through at least two full Turns, and having an extra column for additional mutable stats as they might be needed. I also wanted to have multiple boxes inside of each square to record multiple instances of reduction or addition in a stat, to better help with Heroic-level Wounding rules and so on.

Okay, here's a version that's a full page for one character.

I added some stuff to it, and it will do for two full turns.

Laminate it, and you can use it with wipe-off markers again and again. :thumbup:

I wanted to make separate columns for the various optional combat effects, but then that might scare away new players.

I might make a landscape-oriented version that presents one Turn instead of two and covers absolutely everything. Make the newbie's head spin.

Splendid idea. Couple of suggestions though, because I can't help myself...

1. Is it worth having a box to note REC and Regen values?

2. Is there any point in filling in both '(characteristic) spent' AND '(characteristic) left', except as a checksum? I'd suggest just 'current' values for each characteristic.

3. The charges column is probably of limited use unless you only have one item with charges...possible, but as charges rarely recover by turn it might be more useful to have a column or two dedicated to adjusted characteristics.

The box for noting the damage taken from one segment to the next will help players to track when exactly they took damage and by how much, especially if the GM is enforcing rules regarding healing damage vs distinct wounds.

But now I really do think I'm going to have to turn the page sideways, shorten the duration of the chart to a single Turn, include just about every conceivable stat, and then put the Segments on each end and in the middle just for reference.

Repped!

And I've love to see this incorporated into a HD character export template. Even as a part of an existing page would be nice. A few of my players put their character sheet in sheet protectors and use wet/dry erase marker to keep track of changing stats. A large single page I could print in bulk would be nice too, so I'm definitely taking advantage of that.

• 5 years later...

I don't know if anyone still cares about this, but I found this in my old stuff...and weirdly I can't find it in the free stuff from Hero (maybe it isn't free?). Anyway here is the old combat record sheet from back in the day. [ATTACH=CONFIG]42650[/ATTACH]. Hope that helps some people.