Possible Teen Champions Help

AndrewD2

Re: Possible Teen Champions Help

Diehard meets MallRats: Villains take a mall hostage while the SuperTeens are in it in their secret IDs. The first part of the session involves some teen melodrama, dilemmas about shoplifting, dealing with part-time jobs, gossip over shopping and the like. DNPCs might be around. The second part of the session involves supervillains sealing off the mall, taking hostages and making demands as the cops cordon the place off. The villains threaten to start killing hostages if anyone tries to enter, so the Superteens are in a unique position to make a strike since htye are already in. They still have to protect hostages, and possibly figure out a way to maintain their secret IDs (plus perhaps they can scratch build a new costume from "borrowed" designer outfits at their favorite outlet).

I'm using them for my Con game in Feb.

Go to here:

5E writeups for characters from the Teen Titans animated series:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38485

This is from Lord Liaden’s “other RPG’s converted to Hero” link. For the full list of conversion goodness use the link in LL's signature.

Spence

I posted a list of Yu-Gi-Oh! the early manga plotlines that could be adapted for Teen Champions a while back. But here's one that might be fun....

Wannabee: A normal, even wimpy kid that one of the player characters knows, is obsessed with a particular superhero. He collects all the comics, figures, posters, snack cakes, Underoos, etc. of his idol. Now, he's gotten a complete (hero) costume with authentic-looking everything, but sized to fit him. Some ill-considered manipulation by the kid's father and some local thugs has convinced the kid that the costume actually gives him superpowers.

So now the kid is going out to fight crime, and he's going to get creamed unless the player characters can save him. How it plays out is up to the personalities involved. Some Teen Champs might just ruthlessly crush Wannabee's dreams pre-emptively, some might wait until he actually gets into trouble before intervening, and yet others might hide and assist the kid secretly, allowing him to keep the illusion.

Depending on the current insanity level of your game, this may or may not work.

Lately, some of the more rowdy students have been behaving strangely. Studying, taking classes seriously, not causing problems, and staying home on school nights. This would make any hero wonder.

The Truant Officer, Bane of Delinquents (delinquent being defined as any student who talks back to teachers, skips class, smokes, stays out late or does anything that would make June Cleaver say "Tsk tsk") has been capturing these students and subjecting them to mind control using an insidious device that simulates teen life. Moral choices are presented (to help a friend cheat on a test, to skip class, to smoke, to drink, etc) and the device uses the selections to alter the victims mind. The catch is that anyone who behaves appropriately during the simulation is immune to its mind control, and are released at the end of the simulation (about 3 hours)

Will our heroes notice that they are in the simulator in time to escape?

I've been working on ideas for a Teen Champions game for a while. I haven't really ran any games since the late 90's with a WEG Star Wars campaign. I'm wondering if anyone might have some adventures for TC that they may be willing to share to help someone out.

Thank you,

Andrew

My group typically doesn't like playing already existing characters so doing the Teen Titans really wouldn't work.

Out of curiosity, if using Teen Titans won't work. Why did you ask for Teen Titans? :confused:

Out of curiosity' date=' if using Teen Titans won't work. Why did you ask for Teen Titans? :confused:[/quote']

He didn't. He said "Teen Champions" :D

ROTFL :D :D :D

I have been working on my con game the last few days plus a new Teen Champs /DC:TAS/Anime type game. So I had the Teen Titans on the brain.

I think I need to get more sleep.......or something......:ugly:

Plenty of plot ideas' date=' though.[/quote']

And character ideas, and....

Wholesale borrowing comes to mind. Of course, a lot depends on whether or not your players have actually watched the show. If they haven't, you can lift more directly than if you have.

And character ideas, and....

Wholesale borrowing comes to mind. Of course, a lot depends on whether or not your players have actually watched the show. If they haven't, you can lift more directly than if you have.

Most of us are old comic book nerds, we watch nearly everything based off comics (and if anyone brings up "Catwoman" they will be hunted by Foxbat and CLOWN and a party will be thrown between the two)

First off, what kind of school are you talking? Private or public, US or other? Also what kind of superteens? Costumed or like some anime where the characters look normal and their abilities are secret? Present, Past or Future?

Or maybe no school?

Some kind of general direction.

Honestly' date=' there is no general direction, it's just general. I'm just looking for anything.[/quote']

OK How about this.

1) While most “adventures” may not take place in the actual school, it is the central point of contact for the PC’s and drive several of the plots.

2) The school is a private academy (like the ones shown in many anime) for grades in the range of 6-12 (adjust as required).

3) The PC’s are transfer students joining the school.

4) In this world greater than normal abilities are non-existent. Nada. None. Zip.

5) In a parallel universe a more advanced has developed two new technologies. The ability to travel to other dimensions and the ability to “awaken” hidden genetic traits in a few “special” people.

6) Several outposts have been established in “other” worlds to observe and if possible procure items that “home” may use.

7) One awakened subject has gone insane, stolen advance equipment and fled through the portal. Some of the equipment will allow him to “awaken” others.

8) The PC’s are an advanced team of awakened whose job is to apprehend him/them before they can do harm.

9) Upon passing through the portal the PC’s are nearly killed as the “othersides” portal is destroyed by sabotage.

10) The PC’s survive the total destruction of the primary outpost, but can fall back on a small secret secondary “safehouse” base. It does not have any portal technology or other advanced abilities. But it does have computers and most importantly the ability to generate identity paperwork and access to a substantial amount of money.

11) The BIG PROBLEM. Due to instability of the portal during travel the system reconstructed the PC’s as teens rather than adults, but they have retained their “powers”. So to maintain their cover that had to “transfer in” to the academy as students.

12) They are cut off from the homeworld and must stop the insane villain from destroying this world all the while maintaining the secret of what they are from everyone around them. Plus keeping their grades up of course….

The possibilities in game abound. Adding DNPC's as some of the normal student's catch on. Ducking the police/secret service that is investigating criminal acts by the villain. What level are the powers? Are they low key ones that are easily hidden, or more like four color supers?

Just a few thoughts, hope they help.