Prisoner Transport Vehicle

Publius

In response to an earlier thread which called for a PRIMUS prisoner Transport I give you the...

HANDLER 2000 SUX

Basics: The PRIMUS Handler 2000 SUX (Superhuman Utility & eXtraction) is a Hovervehicle designed to transport prisoners to Stronghold. The basic interior shape of the PRIMUS Handler 2000 SUX is an octagon, with the belly for storage and the technical equipment (I'm assuming they have "borrowed/"liberated" some of Dr. D's Hover technology for the lift). The raised platform is for the guard's to walk up and down during the flight it has a ceiling height of 1.95m (the seat in the front section of the prisoner area is for the guards to rest in rotation, as is the seat opposite the main access).

In the pilot section both pilot and co-pilot step down into the well where their seats are located. There is a track system which the chairs use, you push back and away from the controls to exit, and move forward and towards the controls after being seated (co-pilot's seat is sown in the "control hot position"). The pilot/co-pilot area has a bulkhead which is shut off at all times during the flight. Opposite that bulkhead is the Main entry section. Here there is likewise a well for the "jump seat" where a spare guard is seated across from the main access of the vehicle. This is also where the hatch to the belly of the vehicle is located. Beyond this aftward is the main prisoner section, with the raised platform running the entire length for guard monitoring (see containment below for further details). The rear section holds two coffins and is generally occupied by a guard crosstrained as a medical technician to monitor their status in-flight.

Please note that for security reasons, the Handler 2000 SUX doesn't have a bathroom. (The flight should be zippy with hovertech. Just don't drink that Big Gulp before you go :o )

Containment: As well as large prisoner chairs that have arm and feet restraints built in (with suppression equipment in the Belly) there are Hotsleep "coffins" that are used as needed. While certainly "roomy" with a 24" wide seat (and a 1m wide coffin), neither are sufficient in size for some of the truly massive (10' and taller) superhumans which would require other means of transport (this is what I am most unhappy about as a designer btw, ).

Modular: With a few hours work for a several man team (with minimal equipment and the proper supplies), the PRIMUS 2000 SUX can be fitted from the Multicontainment option (seven standard prisoner restraints, 2 hotsleep coffins) to the 4-coffin option (with 2 additional standard prisoner restraints and extra seating for the guard-techs that monitor the equipment) or any of the other available options. Please note that the 4 coffin option uses up extra power such that the speed of the vehicle is reduced.

If anyone wants to stat it or produce a picture of the exterior you are welcome.

p.s. I also stuck a mundane example of a prioner transport vehicle. The Prisoner Bus is based off a commercial design so I do not claim it as my own in anyway, shape or form. Looks mighty tight to me, but I measured it off just as they had it on the schematics.

Re: Prisoner Transport Vehicle

Very glad I could help. Floorplans are always nice to have, even if it doesn't come down to breaking out figures.

BTW, I don't know if anyone noticed, but those are to the 1"= 2m scale, that was why I included the 1" square box in the corner. Measure it out to make certain it printed correctly (sometimes you have to play with the "shrink to fit") and it is fig-ready.

Nice work Publius. My GM is going to borrow this for our game. We are members of a PRIMUS-sponsored superteam, and we needed a vehicle to transport our prisoners. This is perfect.

You've been repped. :thumbup:

Gee' date=' I honestly thought floorplans would get more interest.[/quote']

I think I repped you for posting them (at least, I'm pretty sure I did, and it's still telling me I must wait before giving you more rep). I should have posted a note in the thread, though. Well done. I've used a Prisoner Transport vehicle in my game, but it's been more like an armored car that only holds one supervillain. Yours is pretty cool. (And it makes more sense to have one or two larger transfer vehicles, instead of 6-10 smaller ones.)

I wasn't necessarily looking for rep btw (although it is very much appreciated and very nice to get, thank you), but I am trying to gauge interest in these sort of maps and I was wondering if people knew they were floorplans. I was sort of trying to prompt that second look for those that hadn't become aware of it from the title (which in retrospect doesn't really convey that the file is of a floorplan does it?) :)

In looking at the thread stats at the time I posted that, I noticed that only 18 or so had done so out of the sixty some who viewed it at the time that had downloaded the file. That could be because I wasn't very specific when I named it I think, maybe I should have done a gif and therefore put a thumbnail under the description: so that folks would know what it was.

With regards to the size and fact that it houses multiple villains: pickups for superteams and the like are one possibility, but also prisoner transports from Prison to prison are another. Lastly, there very well could be more "individualized" transports, probably converted planes or somesuch, which might be used in an ad hoc fashion. That is something I should probably look into as well, excellent suggestion.

I wasn't necessarily looking for rep btw (although it is very much appreciated and very nice to get' date=' thank you), but I [i']am[/i] trying to gauge interest in these sort of maps and I was wondering if people knew they were floorplans. I was sort of trying to prompt that second look for those that hadn't become aware of it from the title (which in retrospect doesn't really convey that the file is of a floorplan does it?) :)

Most definitely interested. Our group is always on the watch for maps, floorplans, etc. for our campaign. If anyone on these boards wants to share their work, we'll definitely take a look at it.

I like the design.

For some added colour, you can mention a bit about how the name has been a marketing blunder: PRIMUS personel often make jokes about how the vehicles "sucks". Despite that, the name has stuck, in true PRIMUS bureaucratic stuborness. ;)

(Just in case it's not clear, I do like both the name and the vehicle).

Actually, that was one of three homages that I did for the drawing. If I'd remembered about KAR (which is funny since I am re-watching those for a con game I am running this Spring and I have re-designed a new version of the Village) I would have thrown that in as a serial number.

The homages are:

• SUX 2000 from Robocop (it is the car everyone wants, we see an ad for it and the criminals ask for one by name "I want a big car that gets ****** gas milage and goes real fast!"). I just reversed the two to make it harder to spot.
  • The Eagle from Space:1999, more conceptually than anything, but the seats you have to lower yourself down in and all that.
  • And the raised walkway through the middle was an homage to the Prisoner Transport in the Judge Dred Movie (no tomatoes, no tomatoes) I originally had the seats 2x2 with a bar that came down but ultmately I went with a larger seat that is designed to lock bad guys in place individually. Kind of ruined the similarity but it made more sense.

I couldn't find a Con-Air referrence...

However, in answer to your fine suggestion:

PRIMUS personnel hate Prisoner Transport duties generally due to the hazards of transit with such potentially lethal cargo not to mention being ripe targets for breakout efforts. There are endless jokes about "how this duty Sux", and gaurds often have contests to see who can come up with more amusing variations of that theme. Either undaunted or unaware of the pun, the PRIMUS upper eschelons have never altered the designation. All grousing however does go on the gaurds permanent records, all dutifully recorded to the glee of the staff in Archives.

Not yet. I don't know what the general 'hotsleep coffin' stats are; otherwise, seems pretty straightforward. The floorplan effectively has the size, body, and DEF of the thing, Publius states that it flies and that the four-coffin version is a bit more sluggish in the air...

Give me the hotsleep info and I'd whack one out inside 20 minutes.

I am by no means an expert at this, but I got this after pushing numbers around in Herodesigner. I'd still prefer someone else take that on since I have probably made some mistakes.

HANDLER SUX 2000

Val Char Cost Notes

8 Size 40 Length 6.35", Width 3.17", Area 20.16" Mass 25.6 ton KB -8

50 STR 0 Lift 25.6tons; 10d6

10 DEX 0 OCV 3 DCV -2

22 BODY 4

12 DEF 12

2 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12

Total Characteristic Cost: 56

Movement: Running: 6" / 12"

Swimming: 2" / 4"

Flight: 23" / 1472"

Cost Powers END

71 Flyer: Flight 23", x64 Noncombat, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Day (+0) Note: 549 mph, same as a 747 [1 cc]

18 Armored: +6 DEF

-2 Sinks like a Stone: Swimming 0" (2" total) (Custom Adder)

8 Cuz' its Heavy: Knockback Resistance -4" 0

5 Communications Suite: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2) 0

16 Sensor-Equipment: Radar (Radio Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception, Telescopic (+14): +14 (32 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1) 0

124 Power Suppresion Chairs: Drain All Powers simultaneously, must be "tuned" for specific special effects 5d6, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 6 Hours (+1/4), Uncontrolled (Only stops when individual is removed from the Chair; +1/2), Continuous (+1), all [special effect] powers simultaneously (+2) (309 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1 1/2) [1 cc] (Note: There are seven of these, the cost for the multiples has been taken into account in the total cost above, Base Real Cost is 95)

65 Hotsleep Chambers: See Champions, pg 121 (65 Active Points) (Note: there are 2 of these, the costhas been taken into account in the total above -- 60 points basic +5 for Quantity 2)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 305

Total Cost: 361

200+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: Hover Vehicle with PRIMUS SUX on the side. (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

Total Cost: 361-15=356/5=69

However, in answer to your fine suggestion:

PRIMUS personnel hate Prisoner Transport duties generally due to the hazards of transit with such potentially lethal cargo not to mention being ripe targets for breakout efforts. There are endless jokes about "how this duty Sux", and gaurds often have contests to see who can come up with more amusing variations of that theme. Either undaunted or unaware of the pun, the PRIMUS upper eschelons have never altered the designation. All grousing however does go on the gaurds permanent records, all dutifully recorded to the glee of the staff in Archives.

This rules. I must spread rep around, having already repped you for the 1st entry.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long delay, just got around to writing up my own version.

First of all, I created a third option, for transporting large prisoners (up to 30 points Growth, or 7-8 meters tall). This option replaces the vehicle’s entire tail end with a ramp for loading and unloading the prisoner into what is essentially one large Hot Sleep coffin. A large prisoner, lying down, can be transported in this fashion. I modified Publius' picture to show this third option.

I also rewrote the stats that Publius provided. First off, the DEF provided was off (for 12 points, it would only have 6 DEF base, which I thought was rather low). He also forgot the restraints (I used a slightly toned-down version of the Supercuffs from the Champions book). The biggest change was replacing the chairs and Hotsleep coffins with a VPP to represent the different options. Don't get me wrong, Publius, for the most part your writeup was excellent, and I tried to keep things as close as possible.

Here's my version:

PRIMUS Handler 2000 SUX Prisoner Transport Vehicle

Val Char Cost Notes

8 Size 40 Length 6.35", Width 3.17", Area 20.16", Mass 25.6 ton, -8 KB

50 STR 0 Lift 25.6tons; 10d6

10 DEX 0 OCV 3 DCV -2

22 BODY 4

10 DEF 24

2 SPD 0 Phases: 6, 12

Movement: Flight 20"/1280" (Hotsleep) or 23"/1472" (Multicontainment or Large Prisoner)

Cost Powers END

65 Flyer: Flight 20", x64 NC, 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 1 Day (+0) Note: 477 mph [1 cc]

-12 Flight Only: Running 0” (0” total)

-2 Sinks like a Stone: Swimming 0" (0" total)

20 Reactive Armor: +10 DEF, Ablative (-½)

8 ‘Cuz It’s Heavy: Knockback Resistance -4" (-12" total)

6 Communications Suite: High Range Radio Perception (12 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1)

16 Sensor-Equipment: Radar (Radio Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception, Telescopic (+14): +14 (32 Active Points); OIF Bulky (-1)

250 Restraint Systems: Variable Power Pool (219 Points), OAF Bulky (-1½), Limited Class of Powers Available (-½), Only change at base (-½)

Multicontainment Option (219 Points):

(49) Supercuffs: 10d6 Entangle, 18 DEF, No damage from Attacks (+½) (210 Active Points), OAF Bulky (-1½), Cannot Form Barriers (-¼), Set Effect (hands and legs only, -½), No Range (-½), Must Follow Grab or Target Unresisting (-½), 7 Recoverable Charges (-0) [7 rc]

(114) Power Suppression Restraints: 4d6 Drain All [special effect] Powers simultaneously (+2, "tuned" for specific special effects), 7 Continuing Fuel Charges lasting 6 Hours (+1), Continuous (+1) (200 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1½), Only on Restrained Subjects (-1/4) [7 cc]

(21) Hot Sleep Chambers I: 3d6 Drain STUN, Continuous (+1), 2 Continuing Fuel Charges lasting 6 Hours (+½) (75 Active Points); OAF Bulky (-1½), Only against captives placed within chamber (-1)

(22) Hot Sleep Chambers II: +10 SPD (100 Active Points), OAF Bulky (-1½), Only to use Hot Sleep Chambers on captives (-2)

(7) Hot Sleep Monitor: Detect Captive’s Condition of Wakefulness, Discriminatory, +9 PER; OAF Bulky (-1½)

(6) Flight Boosters: Flight +3" (23" total), as above. Note: 549 mph [1 cc]

Hot Sleep Option (218 Points):

(44) Supercuffs as above, but with 4 Recoverable Charges

(114) Power Suppression Restraints as above, but with 4 Continuing Charges

(26) Hot Sleep Chambers I as above, but with 4 Continuing Charges

(22) Hot Sleep Chambers II as above

(7) Hot Sleep Monitor as above

(5) Additional Hot Sleep Monitor

Large Prisoner Option (108 Points):

(49) Supercuffs as above, but with 1 Recoverable Charge

(19) Hot Sleep Chamber I as above, but with 1 Continuing Charge

(22) Hot Sleep Chamber II as above

(7) Hot Sleep Monitor as above

(5) Frame Reinforcement: +5 STR

(6) Flight Boosters as above

Total Characteristic Cost: 68

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 351

Total Cost: 419 – 25 = 394 / 5 = 79

Cost Disadvantages

15 Distinctive Features: Hover Vehicle with PRIMUS SUX on the side. (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

10 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Specifications and other information potentially available with research)