My next characters vehicle

RPMiller

If this isn't perfect for a hero to drive I don't know what is. This is the Chrysler Tomahawk, and according to its creator it has a max speed of approximately 400 mph! It is a 10 cylinder vehicle! It isn't 'technically' a motorcycle because it has 4 wheels, but it might as well be one considering you are riding it like one. BTW, no one has gotten it up to its max speed... yet... thus it is a theoretical top speed.

http://www.allpar.com/cars/concepts/tomahawk.html

tomahawk.jpg

Re: My next characters vehicle

Especially at 400 mph!

The show I was watching should several different people riding it. When you see the position of the rider, you really can see how uncomfortable this would be over the long haul. Oh here's a pic of a rider:

dodge_2_1.jpg

sample character sheet:

Dodge Tomahawk Concept Motorcycle 

Val    Char    Cost
15    STR    0
13    DEX    9
15    BODY    4
6    SPD    37

25"    RUN    0
0"    SWIM    -2
0"    LEAP    0
Characteristics Cost: 62

Cost    Power
53    Ground Movement +19" (25" total), x16 Noncombat
Powers Cost: 53

Total Character Cost: 115

From what I could work out - I am not a motorhead - it's got speed, but not a lot of maneuverability, which is why it's got a SPD of 6, but only a DEX of 13. It may also need a phys lim of 'very heavy and bulky', representing the fact that it requires special equipment to keep it upright when not moving, is hard to pick up (unless you have superstrength, I suppose), and may not fit into a conventional motorcycle parking space. It also appears to have absolutely no safety gear, so the driver is totally at the mercy of the elements and anyone shooting at him. You might want to give a 60% arc of cover, based on the fact that there's a hugeantic hunk o' metal there, but that's a designer call.

"It steers like a truck."

"Okay! ...what is a truck?"

-- Buckaroo Banzai and John Parker

Not bad. Based on the show I saw it on, I thought it had a great deal of maneuverability. It was also pretty stable since it has four tires and a low center of gravity. I have to admit I haven't looked up the technical specs yet so you may be right with what you have. One additional thing that has to be included in the write-up is the fact it goes from 0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds... That is a huge acceleration.