Godsend Agenda D6 by Khepera Publishing

TheQuestionMan

I really like this Setting and think Herophiles should give it another look.

Godsend Agenda D6 by Khepera Publishing

http://www.godsendagenda.com/

GODSEND AGENDA: Mythos

D6 POWERS

GODSEND Agenda M&M Superlink Edition

GODSEND Agenda: U.S.E.R.’s Most Wanted

GODSEND Agenda: Godmaker

RPG Net Reviews

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/search-review.phtml

Cheers

QM

Re: Godsend Agenda D6 by Khepera Publishing

I presume it is their D6 system a la Star Wars. The other one was only used for DC Heroes. The log scale took some getting used to, but I actually liked it myself. The one I didn't like was the Marvel system, solely because the randomly generated powers created such vast disparities.

PC 1 "I grab that builkding and toss it at someone"

PC 2 "I use my microvision to um.... look at something. Something tiny. Then I make my prehensile hair wave at it..."

When I GM'd I simply made PCs tell me their character concept and then gave them the appropriate powers.

But back to the point, the books you list here look interesting.

Oh, chargen was sucky in Marvel, but it was even worse in WEG DCU. They gave guidelines for a wide variety of starting character levels ranging from Rank 1 to Rank 5. . . and even Rank 5 would leave you with a character weaker and less useful than Robin. In fact, Robin could probably solo all five example characters at once.

Oops, my mistake, I was thinking the Mayfair DC Heroes game, never played the other one. The Mayfair game used the logarithmic scale and was a point allocation system. I like Hero better, but I did enjoy that game as well. I never played or even saw WEG version (I was already a HEROphile). Mea culpa.

To get back to the thread topic though, what is it about the Godsend system that would be of interest? It looks interesting I mean, but why especially for Hero. I'm certain the original poster had something in mind (High-level gaming, dealing with Godlike entities, etc.)

I've only been playing HERO for a few months now, but I've owned copies of these books from Khepera. They seem very similar in that powers are given as basic elements then ads/limits are used to define the power. I got lucky and got it on the full color print of D6 Powers and I really like it. Heroes come in various ranks from just slightly more powerful than the average person to "OMG, he just beat up superman" or so it would seem from putting them together.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Questionman, its very kind of you to evangelize the book. I’m flattered you think enough of them to mention them. Again, thank you very much.

Hopefully it has better rules than the WEG d6 DC Universe game. Worst supers game I've ever seen. . .

The rules set have very little in common with the DC Universe game produced by WEG. While I don’t think DCU the worst (there a few that come to mind), I do belive that the GODSEND agenda and D6 Powers books are better.

*DISCLAIMER: I wrote the game so take what I say wit a grain of salt*

Oops' date=' my mistake, I was thinking the Mayfair DC Heroes game, never played the other one. The Mayfair game used the logarithmic scale and was a point allocation system. I like Hero better, but I did enjoy that game as well. I never played or even saw WEG version (I was already a HEROphile). Mea culpa. [/quote']

Mayfair’s DC Heroes is my #1 favorite game. I tried to get a hold of the licenses when I was putting GODSEND Agenda together but couldn’t work out a deal with the license holders.

To get back to the thread topic though' date=' what is it about the Godsend system that would be of interest? It looks interesting I mean, but why especially for Hero. I'm certain the original poster had something in mind (High-level gaming, dealing with Godlike entities, etc.)[/quote']

GA runs the spectrum of power levels from the low level USER agents to the godlike entities known as the Elohim. The books has a ton of background information in it plus 80 pregenerated characters. If you’re anything like me pre-made resources are a boon to my game. I’d love to see the GODSEND Agenda meshed with the Champion universe.

The one selling point about GODSEND Agenda is that it is fairly unconventional as far as super heroic gaming is concerned. What I’ve tried to do is combine myth with super heroes.

There is a reason why heroes and villains wear costumes, and a reason Superman is more powerful than Captain Marvel even though they are roughly the same power level.

One word for you... Foundation.

You, sir, have uttered the name of The Game That Should Not be Mentioned.

Consider yourself chastised. ;)

And for those who may ask, What's so wrong about it?

It was poorly conceived, poorly written, poorly edited... Need I go on? I mean, it made Superhero 2044 look almost decent, in that SH 2044 at least gave an interesting campaign setting to look at.

Sorry, sorry. Touched a nerve there, I guess. :o

There are worst.

Oh, no argument there, although any discussion in that direction runs the risk of touching on folks' personal dislikes as opposed to specific merits (or lack thereof) of the RPGs in question.

(For example, personally I consider any superhero RPG based on d20, except for perhaps Mutants & Masterminds, a lost cause). :P

To drag this thread back on-topic, I'm at work right now and can't quite look at the site provided, so I ask this question. Will there be any exposure for the game at GenCon? Any demos, a corner in a booth somewhere?

Just curious... :)

I will definitely be at Gen con (booth #2512) doing demos an selling my snake oil..err, I mean products.

At the moment I’m writing the adventure Ill be running there so if you’re available please stop by and say hello. I plan on selling all day and doing pick up games at night

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t posted in a while. I’ve been busy with prep for Gencon. Below are the pregen characters for the adventure I’ll be running there.

The game will be set in ancient Egypt so all the heroes and villains will have a slightly primitive look. The game will be set in the city of Heliopolis and the characters will be the young gods of the city. What happens when the parents are away and the city only has the godlings to defend it?

I haven’t given them names yet just rough concept ideas

Bastet

Powers: animal control, agility, and natural weaponry

Bastet.jpg

Terra Nova

Powere: Flight, super strength, energy blast and absorption, flash attack

terra nova.jpg

Silver Scarab or Khepera

Powers: none. He wears a suit of power armor and rides a giant silver or golden mechanical scarab. Lots of other gadgets

Silverbeetle.jpg

The Mummy guy

Powers: Invulnerability. This guy is the dark knight detective of Heliopolis but also happens to be a mummy. Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot.

Mummy.jpg

Horus

Power: Super senses, flight, super strength, sonic blast

Horus.jpg

Crocodile guy

Powers: Amphibious, animal control and summoning (water creatures only). Body armor and natural weaponry

Crocadile.jpg

I hope to see you guys at the “Big Show” in a few weeks. Ill be the one in the tube socks with the gold and blue stripes, the wrestler mask, the bolo tie

And nothing else

• 3 weeks later...