Updating VOICE

Dominique

Re: Updating VOICE

Well, as originally conceived VOICE is a very lethal organization, so the likeliest villains to be recruited would be those with few compunctions about killing. VOICE villains are essentially mercenaries, so if they have personal agendas they shouldn't be the kind that would interfere with accepting VOICE's assignments. The group was always international in membership and goals, so new recruits should reflect that, coming from around the world and not tied to one region for any reason.

If I were going to add to VOICE's villain roster, I would first raid Champions Worldwide for suitable members.

If I were going to add to VOICE's villain roster' date=' I would first raid [i']Champions Worldwide[/i] for suitable members.

That was my first thought also. I'd just like to know who you guys would make as your selections and why you chose them.

Guest Major Tom

Well, if you were feeling diabolically and unrelentingly evil, you could have the

group recruit Taipan. He's certainly deadly enough.

BTW, how's work coming along on your other project (Titan Corporation)?

Major Tom :eg:

Well, if you were feeling diabolically and unrelentingly evil, you could have the

group recruit Taipan. He's certainly deadly enough.

BTW, how's work coming along on your other project (Titan Corporation)?

Major Tom :eg:

Everything is on hold. My National Guard unit had it's deployment schedule shifted, and were leaving earlier than I thought (This Friday, June 1st), for a year long deployment to the Sand Box. So, things are on hold till I return.

Everything is on hold. My National Guard unit had it's deployment schedule shifted' date=' and were leaving earlier than I thought (This Friday, June 1st), for a year long deployment to the Sand Box. So, things are on hold till I return.[/quote']

God Speed, stay safe, and Thank you for your sacrifice,

God Speed' date=' stay safe, and [b']Thank you [/b]for your sacrifice,

Thank you for the support, but I don't want this thread to drift to much. As for my choices, I'm still debating, but I'd throw in Jade Phoenix. His background, personality, and skills would seem to be a good match for the gorup.

White Rhino would also be a good fit for the same reasons. Plus he's also something of a local hero.

Krait's a good choice' date=' but I'm not sure he'd leave COIL.[/quote']

From what I can tell from the ending of Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth Krait ALREADY has left COIL. Seeing that he is imune to King Cobra's touch AND has already backstabed him once, there is no way Krait is a member in good standing.

From what I can tell from the ending of Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth Krait ALREADY has left COIL. Seeing that he is imune to King Cobra's touch AND has already backstabed him once' date=' there is no way Krait is a member in good standing.[/quote']

Since I don't own that one, thanks for the update on hsi status. Plus, I think that it would make him a prime candidate for recruitment in VOICE.

From what I can tell from the ending of Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth Krait ALREADY has left COIL. Seeing that he is imune to King Cobra's touch AND has already backstabed him once' date=' there is no way Krait is a member in good standing.[/quote']

Been a while since I read it, but my impression is that Krait hadn't left yet, but that it was inevitable that he would try to overthrow King Cobra and take over COIL for himself. Presuming he tried, and failed, then he'd be available for VOICE to recruit.

STATS had it as depending on the ending. Basically, if the heroes harried King Cobra in the right way at the end, he'd backstab him and use the escape vehicle for his own getaway. If that happened, I doubt King Cobra would let him within line of sight again, ever.

Can't remember of CU Update said whether that happened or not.

Well, looking at the aforementioned Champions Worldwide:

Europe: Dinamo, Der Schwarze Tod and Venin Vert (cold-blooded mercenaries who enjoy inflicting pain. DST is a disease manipulator who may or may not get along with Carrier.)

Middle East: Khanjar (as above, but honorable in his way), Turs al-Sh'ab (brutal enforcer looking for a patron).

East Asia: Lam Kuei (if he doesn't have to work with other martial artists), Testuryu (another brutal mercenary).

Australia and Oceania: Lightning Man (brawler who's not afraid to kill, although a poor tactician), Taipan (probably the deadliest 5E CU assassin, use only for high-powered games).

Central and South America: Raya de Plata (amoral superhuman supremacist), El Tiburon (bloodthirsty killer willing to take orders).

Well' date=' looking at the aforementioned [i']Champions Worldwide[/i]:

Europe: Dinamo, Der Schwarze Tod and Venin Vert (cold-blooded mercenaries who enjoy inflicting pain. DST is a disease manipulator who may or may not get along with Carrier.)

Middle East: Khanjar (as above, but honorable in his way), Turs al-Sh'ab (brutal enforcer looking for a patron).

East Asia: Lam Kuei (if he doesn't have to work with other martial artists), Testuryu (another brutal mercenary).

Australia and Oceania: Lightning Man (brawler who's not afraid to kill, although a poor tactician), Taipan (probably the deadliest 5E CU assassin, use only for high-powered games).

Central and South America: Raya de Plata (amoral superhuman supremacist), El Tiburon (bloodthirsty killer willing to take orders).

Interesting choices, as some of them may bump heads with current members. It would also be interesting to see how Eurostar would react to VOICE trying to recruit Dinamo, since they've already put their bid in.

Regarding Taipan, I don't think he's actually the deadliest assassin in 5e canon. That would be Andre Panthanatos.

Yeah, Taipan is hilariously deadly in melee, but thats due to his sheer speed and reasonably buff NND poison touch. There are fairly large categories of targets that would be exceedingly tough, or even impossible, for him to deal with ( notably, medium high end bricks or buffer who have either Regen or Life Support ).

Andre, OTOH, is more well rounded, vastly more deadly at range ( better OCV + Deadly Blow + Find Weakness from the VPP ), and from a strict mechanical perspective, can actually nearly match Taipan's HtH combat ability for brief periods ( +6 Speed, Costs End, from the VPP, though I probably wouldn't allow this ).

Okay folks' date=' I'll be dropping out of this little discussion, as I'll be leaving for a military deployment. Feel free to continue without me though.[/quote']

Okay. :) Good luck.

Regarding Taipan, I don't think he's actually the deadliest assassin in 5e canon. That would be Andre Panthanatos.

Yeah, Taipan is hilariously deadly in melee, but thats due to his sheer speed and reasonably buff NND poison touch. There are fairly large categories of targets that would be exceedingly tough, or even impossible, for him to deal with ( notably, medium high end bricks or buffer who have either Regen or Life Support ).

Andre, OTOH, is more well rounded, vastly more deadly at range ( better OCV + Deadly Blow + Find Weakness from the VPP ), and from a strict mechanical perspective, can actually nearly match Taipan's HtH combat ability for brief periods ( +6 Speed, Costs End, from the VPP, though I probably wouldn't allow this ).

I agree with your points, but Andres Panthanatos is a Dark Champions villain, and DOJ has been keeping the characters from that sphere of the Hero Universe pretty much out of Champions continuity. Although there's a token nod to the presence of Hudson City on Champions Earth, so that interaction is theoretically possible, in practice it doesn't seem to happen.

The genre difference affects each characters campaign niche, too. Panthanatos is much more dangerous to most normal people than Taipan, because he can come at a target from several directions. Against supers, though, Taipan is a greater direct threat, unless you buff Andres as you suggest, which as you point out wouldn't be appropriate for a DC villain.

It's rather like the difference between Darkseid and Lex Luthor. The former wields more terrible power and is capable of more epic schemes; but the latter can screw you over in so many more creative ways than killing you. :eg:

Well, the thing is, even against supers, Taipan has serious trouble against anybody with 30+ defense or the ability to stay out of reach, all the more so if they've got Life Support.

Whereas Andres is not as fast, but he too has access to poisons ( and not just touch action ones ), and has a wide enough variety of options available that he can target weaknesses more readily. Or, put another way, I think there are more targets Panthanatos can kill that Taipan can't, than vice versa. Even bricks suffer against armor piercing headshot find weakness sniper fire. . .

Everything is on hold. My National Guard unit had it's deployment schedule shifted' date=' and were leaving earlier than I thought (This Friday, June 1st), for a year long deployment to the Sand Box. So, things are on hold till I return.[/quote']

God Speed' date=' stay safe, and [b']Thank you [/b]for your sacrifice,

What he said.

And remember, no medal is worth getting shot for. Remember to duck.;)

Gemphyre

(former Navy Petty Officer, joined at the start of Desert Shield, the first run in the Sand Box)