Damage flowchart?

revaddict

Has anyone created some kind of flowchart or table to use for figuring the side effects of damage at a glance? I'm envisioning some kind of graph or table that I can look at and immediately know if I'm subject to Stunning, being Knocked Out, Injury, Knockback, etc.

If there's something like that out there, could someone please post a link? If not, I'll try to make one myself.

Thanks

Paul

Re: Damage flowchart?

If you come up with a chart' date=' send it in and we'll put it on the Free Stuff page. I've done some stuff sort of like this in textual form in various books, but never in graphic form or as detailed as you seem to be thinking of.[/quote']

Okay, I'll see what I can come up with. It will probably start in very basic form and grow from there.

Paul

Well over a decade ago, there was an attempt to code a computer game using the hero system as a game engine. The coder had to create such a flowchart to determine the effects of damage, but I don't think it would be of much use even if a copy could be found...

Okay, I have a crude flowchart designed for applying STUN. Whenever you get hit and take any STUN at all, you walk through the chart, which helps you figure out whether you are stunned and/or Knocked Out.

This is just the first draft and, as I said, it's crude. If people think it's worth improving, I'll keep working on it and I'll do a BODY chart too. Please feel free to offer constructive criticism.

Hmmm...I just tried to attach the file from Excel 2007, but the bulletin board says it's an invalid file. What do I need to do to post it here?

Paul

Okay, I have a crude flowchart designed for applying STUN. Whenever you get hit and take any STUN at all, you walk through the chart, which helps you figure out whether you are stunned and/or Knocked Out.

This is just the first draft and, as I said, it's crude. If people think it's worth improving, I'll keep working on it and I'll do a BODY chart too. Please feel free to offer constructive criticism.

Hmmm...I just tried to attach the file from Excel 2007, but the bulletin board says it's an invalid file. What do I need to do to post it here?

Paul

Try renaming to a different file extension like .txt and just note what we should change it back to after downloading. :D

I thought of something completely different.

Here is a sheet I made for my Gamma Hero run for players. It was orginally made in Open Office then saved as xls.

That's a little different from what I had in mind. I can see how your sheet would be very useful. I'm interested in something more visual just so I don't get confused with stunning, Knockout, Knockback, Wounding, Bleeding, etc. I mean, face it--Hero is a pretty math-intense system, and I barely passed high school algebra. :)

Paul

That's a little different from what I had in mind. I can see how your sheet would be very useful. I'm interested in something more visual just so I don't get confused with stunning, Knockout, Knockback, Wounding, Bleeding, etc. I mean, face it--Hero is a pretty math-intense system, and I barely passed high school algebra. :)

Paul

Ok, am starting on a xls sheet for a stepped decision tree in any given Phase for action. It will take a couple hours 'cause I am a slow typist.

Ok' date=' am starting on a xls sheet for a stepped decision tree in any given Phase for action. It will take a couple hours 'cause I am a slow typist.[/quote']Um, why not do it in Word; or better yet as an image? Not everyone has access to a spreadsheet program, nor does everyone want to open an xls file from an unknown source.

• 4 weeks later...