Ankylosaur: NOTW update

Boll Weevil

I was updating my CKC villains in HD with the Champions Universe: NOTW updates and noticed some weirdness. It seems Ankylosaur has actually lost some power, especially in his non-powered form. Was this intentional? I also noticed he lost his Secret ID, i am guessing from when he went to prison. Would he then have a Public ID? I have not done many of the conversions but this so far is the only one I have noticed some downgraded power.

Re: Ankylosaur: NOTW update

I was updating my CKC villains in HD with the Champions Universe: NOTW updates and noticed some weirdness. It seems Ankylosaur has actually lost some power' date=' especially in his non-powered form. Was this intentional? I also noticed he lost his Secret ID, i am guessing from when he went to prison. Would he then have a Public ID? I have not done many of the conversions but this so far is the only one I have noticed some downgraded power.[/quote']

I don't know about the rest, but I read that to mean he has no Secret ID....if he did not take Public ID then he did not take it...so it is pretty easy to find out who he is...I'd guess he lives under a false idenity, that is so flimsy it is not worth points.....

I don't know about the rest' date=' but I read that to mean he has no Secret ID....if he did not take Public ID then he did not take it...so it is pretty easy to find out who he is...I'd guess he lives under a false idenity, that is so flimsy it is not worth points.....[/quote']

or joe blow on the streets does not know his real name, but available to any cop/goverment agent, most supers, etc...

Fine replies all' date=' thanks. Why did Lady Blue lose COM points? Bad haircut? Turn 30? Junk in the trunk? Mole hair? I'm going to assume it was mole hair.[/quote']

I'm going with that 5 years of adventuring taking a small toll on her looks. Some extra lines on the face, a bit of grey growing in an unflattering manner (this is not to say that grey hair is unattractive, just that the transition to grey hair can be awkward for some), etc.

How many did she lose?

It could be that she's less interested in appearances now and doesn't do all "required maintainence"...

Only two points (from 20 to 18). Maybe the celebrity judges (Lorenzo Lamas?) who assign the points are getting more picky. Funny, she looks the same to me...almost as if they re-used every single recurring villain's picture from CKC :)

Perhaps a better question - would you allow a character (PC) to drop some abilities/power levels in-game and re-spend the points? How much and in what circumstances?

I'm thinking situations less drastic than a radiation accident/character redesign scenario.

Perhaps a better question - would you allow a character (PC) to drop some abilities/power levels in-game and re-spend the points? How much and in what circumstances?

I'm thinking situations less drastic than a radiation accident/character redesign scenario.

In general, my answer is yes, but a number of factors would come into play in how it would have to happen in game. The factors would include but not be limited to SFX, abilities involved, amount of change.

Could be COM can be subject to cultural influences. Someone beautiful for ten years might be so well-known as to be over-exposed and no longer considered as exotic or fresh. Maybe after 20 years she's been copied so many times by so many younger faces as to be considered a bit hackneyed.

Could be young people really do prefer Paris Hilton, and isn't the opinion of the young about COM all that really matters?