Dark Champions

David Nix

As much as I loved Dark Champions (and I really loved DC), the book that I think was even better was The Hudson City sourcebook, Justice, Not Law.

I remain to this day mystified why JNL didn't win an Origin Award. It's simply the best modern-day RPG supplement ever produced.

Originally posted by Steve Long

Dark Champions will be our major genre book release in Summer 2004 -- a year from now, IOW. Believe me, I've been itching to get back to the modern day action genre for years, and it won't be too much longer.... ;)

At this point I have to say that I thought Danger International did this perfectly well, and I preferred Dark Champions as the "street-level" Champions subgenre...

But, that's just my opinion. Feel free to ignore it. :)

Alan

I remain to this day mystified why JNL didn't win an Origin Award. It's simply the best modern-day RPG supplement ever produced.

Thanx! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I suspect it wasn't even placed into the nomination round for the Awards. If it was, it didn't make it onto the voting ballot.

I'm very much looking forward to writing Hudson City: The Urban Abyss next year, where I get to really dive into the highs and lows of everyone's favorite vigilante playground.... ;)

Thanx! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. I suspect it wasn't even placed into the nomination round for the Awards. If it was, it didn't make it onto the voting ballot.

I'm very much looking forward to writing Hudson City: The Urban Abyss next year, where I get to really dive into the highs and lows of everyone's favorite vigilante playground.... ;)

Which makes me wonder if you remember the promise you made to me on the old LUGTrek Mailing List... ;)

I don't think Hairbringer Of Justice was supose to be a "example charater". Instead, he was ment to be a 'link' charater between the worlds of Champions and Dark Champions.

And I don't expect to see his stats until we get to Hudson City: The Urban Abays. So there.

Originally posted by steriaca

I don't think Hairbringer Of Justice was supose to be a "example charater". Instead, he was ment to be a 'link' charater between the worlds of Champions and Dark Champions.

And I don't expect to see his stats until we get to Hudson City: The Urban Abays. So there.

That "link" character could take out most standard supers. Teleporting Arsenal o' Weapons?

Haven't the faintest, sorry.

It wasn't anything major.

After one of the uglier flame wars on the old LUG-Trek ML where I (for want of a better phrase) "went off" on the offending parties (basically, I told them to "Go #$@! yourselves"), you sent me a wonderful email expressing thanks and encouragement (and you still hold the title as the nicest game designer I've ever "met"). I replied with a comment about how much I'd enjoyed your work on Champions (J,NL in particular) and you started telling me about Hudson City: The Urban Abyss (which you were just starting work on at the time, this was before the whole LUG/WotC/Decipher thing and obviously way before you saved Hero from financial ruin) and i asked (in my charmingly impish way :-D ) if you could insert my name (Carl Judisch) into the manuscript as one of the Harbinger of Justice's victims.. Gunned down for smoking in a public place. You said you'd try.

It's not a promise that I'd try to hold you to or anything, I was just curious if you remembered the incident.

Blue moon would only shoot someone for smokin next to a NO smoking sign....I'll add my voice the "much rejoicing" about Dark champs return...I'm hoping it has a section on street level champs as this is my personal fav...(True supers,but crime fighters rather than world beaters, but still forced to save the world anyway)....

Erp! I shoulda said, "For smoking in a non-smoking area".

Which is something that I personally never do (it's the rude smokers that've gotten us to the point where you can't smoke anywhere anymore anyway), but I frequently have the urge to do so out of sheer perversity. Kinda like the desperate desire to walk on any grassy area where there's a "Keep of the Grass" sign.