What rule don't people know?

CorPse

Re: What rule don't people know?

As I said' date=' to represent a really horrible attack that both knocked you out and stunned you, and thus takes longer to recover from. You'd recover from being stunned the next phase regardless of how low you were knocked out. Just a house rule, feel free to not use it if you don't want to. Helps keep the bad guys down longer too.[/quote']

Well, as to the bad guys...if they are KOd, then they just don't wake up in my game... I sometimes make an exception if they are at the -0 to -10 range, but even then, rarely

Makes for fewer unheroic actions.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless you are holding your action. At which point you lose two.

Which probably means that the High-DEX character has to use his tactical advantage (re: High DEX) to prevent that from happening! Unless the attack comes at him unawares, he should be blocking/dodging/diving for cover... so that he does not get stunned.

In any case, the high(er)-DEX character needs to do something in the case that a likelihood of getting stunned is about to happen... even if it is to move/attack elsewhere, what have you... he could even Roll With the Punch, if the situation is correct.

Just my 2cents... that this is a tactical mistake, not one caused by the mechanic.

However, now that I know the official rule, I do like it.

Also corrects potential confusions caused by the wording, when the character was first stunned, and then KOd... since they are not from the same attack, how would they stack? With KO superseding stunned, there is no issue

Despite buying Increased STUN Multiplier' date=' the -1 on the Multiplier is still there, is applied first, and that result is adjusted to 1 if below 1. THEN the [i']Increased STUN Multiplier[/i] is applied.

For ex: a 1d6 RKA, Increased STUN Multiplier(+¼) rolls a 4 for BODY, and a 1 for STUN Multiplier. This produces 8 STUN, not 4.

Do you have a page refrernce on that?

So, you are saying that the possible results for the multiplier (w +1 increased stun) are:

not 1,2,3,4,5,6 ???

That's definitely news to me... and news that is important to know

Do you have a page refrernce on that?

So, you are saying that the possible results for the multiplier (w +1 increased stun) are:

not 1,2,3,4,5,6 ???

That's definitely news to me... and news that is important to know

How does +1 Increased STUN Multiplier apply — does the character just roll 1d6, or what?

A purchased Increased STUN Multiplier doesn’t stop the subtraction, it just counteracts it. So, if a character bought a +1 Increased STUN Multiplier, he’d roll 1d6, and the standard -1 and purchased +1 would cancel each other out. If you roll a 1, the -1 has no effect (since the minimum result is 1), so the +1 ends up giving you a STUN Multiplier of 2.

If he bought a +2 Multiplier, he’d end up rolling 1d6 and adding a net +1. If you rolled a 1, he’d end up with a STUN Multiplier of 3.

That and the description of Increased Stun Multiplier states that you add +1 to the result for every level you purchase. The possible results of a normal Stun multiple are 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. So the possible results of a +1 multiple would be 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Personally it hadn't even occured to me that a 1 would still be a possible result with a +1 Stun multiple, since I almost always use the hit location table to determide StunX, rather than the normal roll.

I just remove the -1 from the stunx and treat it as a D6. Then a D6+1, then a D6+2 and so on.

And the stun+KO rule would apply to PCs not just bad guys. Non -story-important NPCs stay down when they are knocked out in my games.

That and the description of Increased Stun Multiplier states that you add +1 to the result for every level you purchase. The possible results of a normal Stun multiple are 1' date=' 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. So the possible results of a +1 multiple would be 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Personally it hadn't even occured to me that a 1 would still be a possible result with a +1 Stun multiple, since I almost always use the hit location table to determide StunX, rather than the normal roll.[/quote']

Yeah that is the rule, I just ignore it, if it's +1 stun, then just multiply by the die result....I don't mind simplifing now and then...

I just remove the -1 from the stunx and treat it as a D6. Then a D6+1, then a D6+2 and so on.

And the stun+KO rule would apply to PCs not just bad guys. Non -story-important NPCs stay down when they are knocked out in my games.

Yeah that is the rule' date=' I just ignore it, if it's +1 stun, then just multiply by the die result....I don't mind simplifing now and then...[/quote']

I agree just simplify it. This would be a good rule to explore for HERO v6

Oh I know that some people don't use +1 StunX as written because they don't agree with it. But a lot of people don't use it because they don't realize how it is supposed to work. And the Silbeg was asking for substantiation, so I provided it.

Personally I prefer to not take 1/6th of the usefulness of +1 StunX away, so I use the rule as written. That and the fact that I don't have any interest in trying to figure out which of the x1 Hit Locations should stay x1 for a +1 StunX attack and which should change to x2. So for me at least using it as written IS simpler. :)

Oh I know that some people don't use +1 StunX as written because they don't agree with it. But a lot of people don't use it because they don't realize how it is supposed to work. And the Silbeg was asking for substantiation, so I provided it.

And I thank you for it!

Yet another rule to go up on my "discovered rules" page..

see: http://www.silbeg.com/FPCA/rulings.html for details (honestly, this one will get on tomorrow. ;)