Munchkin Build Contest?

Psylint

Re: Munchkin Build Contest?

6d6 Suppress Endurance, Continuous, AoE 1 Hex, 60 AP.

Every phase it fires, it takes an average of 42 END from the target.

When they hit 0 END, it burns Stun for END.

Oh, and you can fire it again on succeeding phases.

Not much good if the target has more than 20 pts. Power Defense.

Drain PRE instead.

Buy your own PRE to campaign limits, and scare the pee out of them. Literally. (Zero-PRE people can't do anything without making a PRE roll every phase.)

Armor/FF/DRed just don't matter. Still doesn't work against high Power Defense - or against automatons. But I'm pretty poor as a munchkin anyway.

My "Necessary Evil" character Darklord has Suppress PRE 4d6, (large) Radius, Personal Immunity (80-point active limit). He can cause entire crowds of normals to flee simply by walking down the street, and many supers quiver at his approach. I'm looking forward to playing him. :thumbup:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drain PRE instead.

Buy your own PRE to campaign limits, and scare the pee out of them. Literally. (Zero-PRE people can't do anything without making a PRE roll every phase.)

except for pre attacks you get either your EGO or PRE to resist. Which ever is higher. So you would need to take both down at once. You could always just drain INT. Once they hit 0, they can't really do much. And it is hard to imagine what somone with negative INT is capable of.

La Rose

1 pip Major Transform(to PC's psychic slave/meat puppet with 2 appropriate VC total commit 25 point psych lims)

Based on ECV(+1)

Partial Effect(+1/2)

0 END(+1/2)

Continuous(+1)

Uncontrolled(+1/2)

Fully invisible source and effect(+2)

Personal Immunity(+1/4)

Transdimensional(+3/4)

Affects desolid(+1/2)

Area Effect: Radius(+1)

Megascale Area (1"= 10,000 km)(+1)

NND(hardened mental defense)(+1)

Does Body(+1)

60 active points--at 20 EGO per minute, 99.99% of the population of Earth(and 90+% of the population of adjacent dimensions and timelines) becomes the PC's meat puppets. Throw in mind scan and mind link and season to taste.;)

As a GM' date=' I would not consider "hardened mental defense" a common ability for purposes of an NND.[/quote']

hmm...but the normal defense to psychic surgery is regular mental defense. NND is supposed to be advantageous, no?

I did consider the "NND with rare defense" +2 advantage which appeared in an old 4th edition product...

How 'bout this one (kind of obvious, but...)

10d6 RKA with a linked 10d6 transform person into person with vulnerability to RKA x2 body and x2 stun

It would never make it past any gm, but its still funny

and they said there was no 'double body' advantage

Powergaming changes at those kinds of point levels. Assuming a 150 AP cap (based on your two 150 pt. example powers), Suppress is the way to go. In a 150 AP campaign (especially one where defenses are usually capped at one-half (i.e 75), an average 30d6 Suppress (105) will demolish anyone without massive power defense.

Powergaming changes at those kinds of point levels. Assuming a 150 AP cap (based on your two 150 pt. example powers)' date=' Suppress is the way to go. In a 150 AP campaign (especially one where defenses are usually capped at one-half (i.e 75). An an average 45d6 Suppress (157-158) will demolish anyone without massive power defense.[/quote']

Inasmuch as resistant damage reduction(physical and energy) is likely to be very common in a 150 active point game, suppress is likely to be considerably less effective(as in "okay, 158 points? Let's see, I subtract 25 and divide the remaining amount by 2(or 4)...").

Inasmuch as resistant damage reduction(physical and energy) is likely to be very common in a 150 active point game' date=' suppress is likely to be considerably less effective(as in "okay, 158 points? Let's see, I subtract 25 and divide the remaining amount by 2(or 4)...").[/quote']

Sorry, was working on two problems there, I re-adjusted my math. Anyway, I don't think Damage Reduction is going to help much as the books says it is affective against Drain but makes no mention of Suppress. This of coarse assumes you are Suppressing BODY or STUN anyway. If I am Suppressing CON or STR Damage Reduction would not apply. Now, as Suppress has no cap, I can use maneuvers like pushing, sweep, or even haymaker to make sure I one shot anyone without alot of power defense.

Sorry' date=' was working on two problems there, I re-adjusted my math. Anyway, I don't think Damage Reduction is going to help much as the books says it is affective against Drain but makes no mention of Suppress. This of coarse assumes you are Suppressing BODY or STUN anyway. If I am Suppressing CON or STR Damage Reduction would not apply. Now, as Suppress has no cap, I can use maneuvers like pushing, sweep, or even haymaker to make sure I one shot anyone without alot of power defense.[/quote']

Do you really want to encourage people to write up that "Suppress Suppress" triggered attack?;)

Come on people, a little more imagination please.

Detect dislike or intent to harm 12- (Unusual Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Microscopic: x10, Perceive into any dimension, Range, Rapid: x10, Sense, Targeting, Telescopic: +13

Teleportation 1", Conditional Power Only vs. things that trigger Detect (+0), Inherent (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1), Continuous (+1), Transdimensional (Any Dimension; +1), Damage Shield (Offensive; Affects Mental And Physical Attackers; +1 1/4), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates, Three or more activation conditions apply simultaneously; +1 1/2), MegaScale (1" = 1,000 lightyears; +4 1/4), Area Of Effect (786432" Radius; +5 1/2), Conforming (+1/2) (40 Active Points)

If you don't like me, I teleport you into the sun. Well, not OUR sun. Some sun, somewhere.

Note that the Detect is actually 60 AP as it's really hard to munchkin build Detects. And Danger Sense might be a little better fit although it's more about actually being in Danger, so I didn't think it was appropriate. And it might not really need Targeting as once it Triggers the Tport will automatically hit the offending creature and remove it.

Meh. Lots of superfluous advantages there. It's a lot more expensive than it needs to be.

Rocket to the Sun: Superleap 1", Megascale xLots, UAA. That's all you really need. Flavour with other advantages and limitations to taste. You can plop the entire planet into the Sun if you want for ~5 active points and 1 real point.

---------

But weren't we supposed to be talking something that might actually slip past a GM who wasn't totally blind? Most GMs can spot really obvious stuff like advantage stacking, power stacking, abuse of duplication/summon/followers/vehicles/etc. and so forth without too much difficulty.

How about something as seemingly simple as:

--- Succor xd6, 0 END Cost (+1/2)

Flavour with Continuous or Variable Effect to taste. Start it up during non-combat time and just let it keep running until you need to do something. By then you'll have pretty much infinite AP in whatever you're succoring, since Succor has no maximum limit. And, just for grins, you can do it to all your friends too. There are legitimate uses for Succor, but pretty much all of them rely on END costs as a balancing mechanism; do anything that fiddles with that, such as buying an END reserve, charges, reduced END, etc. and the GM will need to start paying close attention.

You can also milk the fact that the damage stacking rules are pretty obscure and tend to be not well-understood. A 4d6 AP HA (30 AP) doesn't seem too bad, but when you tack on 20 STR, a martial arts maneuver, perhaps a couple damage classes, and maybe some velocity-based damage (FMove martial maneuver, Stretching, Growth Momentum, etc.) things can get pretty obscene quickly. It gets worse with more/bigger advantages on the HA, naturally.

There are plenty of odd corners in the rules that you can use to exercise your inner munchkin without being overly blatant about it.

Cardinal, I just showed you how to do it with ONE point a page or so back.

SIXTY? Wow, that's way too many. I can blow up a whole galaxy for that many points.

I was actually commenting with respect to Nightlord's 10D6 RKA combined with a transformation attack which was roughly a 300AP attack. However, since you brought it up, I am a little confused by your last post. As far as I can tell, the following is your only previous post on this thread:

One pip penetrating deals no body. One pip is body 0. The attack deals no damage at all.

I built the planet Earth on 350 points.

I built a character that turns you and everything in a 16" radius into Jello. Instantly.

I built John Jacob Jingleheimer Shmidt, a character so broken that it can't even be printed.

Next year, as the Build and Brawl judge at Origins(Because I was too cheesy to compete anymore) I must build Chairman Kaga himself in 75 percent of the time.

And lest you think that you are my master in the world of rogue cheddar, these three words should have you quaking in your boots.

Ready?

Here they are.

Global

Thermonuclear

Follower

While you hint at cheesy goodness, you actually don't provide any builds, much less one built on 1 AP. I am sure everyone on the thread would love to see one of your super cheesy builds.

Very well. On a standard 350 point base, I will build a character here sometime within the next week.

Here is his background:

Born on a Bee Farm, Ronald Atkins was stung by radioactive bees after the government secretly buried radioactive waste on his property!

Now, he makes people feel the sting of Justice as...The Beekeeper!

Try to make it something any halfway competent GM won't immediately veto the second he or she lays eyes on it. ;) That will make it slightly more interesting.

Although, given that the character is posted to this thread, odds are that pretty much no matter what you post it would get vetoed on principle anyway...

Here's two that recently appeared on the same character sheet in our 75 AP game.

9 DEF, 3 BODY Entangle (60), Works Against EGO not STR (+1/4)

This requires a massive EGO even to scratch the Entangle. Luckily we think this may be illegal as Works Against Ego may not be a stand alone advantage. We are waiting for a ruling as to whether this advantage can only be taken without also taking Based on ECV.

Force Wall Elemental Control

12 PD Force Wall, 1" (30), 0 END (+1/2), Trigger [Takes No Time, Resets Automatically] (+1), Instant (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

12 ED Force Wall, 1" (30), 0 END (+1/2), Trigger [Takes No Time, Resets Automatically] (+1), Instant (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

The Trigger for each force wall is being attacked with a power of the appropriate type (PD or ED). This obviosuly circumnvents the need for Indirect and the character is all but immune immune to low dice attacks (minions, autofire, ect.)

I was not the GM for this character as I would have picked up on the Force Wall build I think. If it's legal, then using it with Desolidification would be a definate sheet ripper.

Good point Doc,

But I don't think the Entangle is legal on its face. As I recall, Def or Body cannot be purchase at greater than 2:1. I always interpreted this to mean that if you bought say 5 Def 5d6 (50) then you could buy no more than 5 Def or 5d6 Body individually. If you wanted an 11 Def Entangle, you had to buy at least 60 points for a 6 Def 6d6 and then 5*5 for the remaining 5 Def.

I also think works against Ego not STR by itself is lame, though I could see it maybe as a direct current electrical attack, which as I understand it, causes all of the muscles to contract and stay that way. But then I'd also require Transparency and just for "game balance" a low level of Def. (Then again, perhaps it's better constructed as a limited Mind Control).