Munchkin Build Contest?

Psylint

Haven't seen one of these in a while, so what's your favorite munchkin build power that might possibly have slipped past you or your GM on first glance.

"Army of ankle biting Jack Frosts" Winter summons a small army of little ice demons who then try to gang tackle her enemies.

2 Def 1 Body Entangle, Autofire x10 +1, 0 End +1

Non Res. Def =1/4, vuln. fire -1, no barriers -1/4, feet only -1, doesn't restrict foci -1, 1 body -1/2. [60 Active cost, Real Cost after 30 pt. EC bonus 6]

Cheers

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Munchkin Build Contest?

60 AP...

1d6 Mind Scan, Cumulative (+1/2), 6 doublings of maximum (+1 1/2), Penetrating x 4 (+2), 0 END (+1/2), Continuous (+1), IPE (+1/4), IPE while building (+3/4) 37 AP

1d6 Mental Illusions, Cumulative (+1/2), 6 doublings of maximum (+1 1/2), Penetrating x 4 (+2), 0 END (+1/2), Continuous (+1), IPE (+1/4), IPE while building (+3/4) 37 AP

1d6 Mind Control, Cumulative (+1/2), 6 doublings of maximum (+1 1/2), Penetrating x 4 (+2), 0 END (+1/2), Continuous (+1), IPE (+1/4), IPE while building (+3/4), Telepathic (+1/4) 39 AP

1d6 Telepathy, Cumulative (+1/2), 6 doublings of maximum (+1 1/2), Penetrating x 4 (+2), 0 END (+1/2), Continuous (+1), IPE (+1/4), IPE while building (+3/4) 37 AP

Margarita Man sits on the beach on a tropical island sipping margaritas. He rolls Mind Scan to locate his target. He keeps rolling until he gets a '3' (he'll need it to weed out the target from the rest of the Earth's population). Assuming SPD 2, he gets 10 rolls a minute, so this takes about 22 minutes on average. Call it half an hour.

Once he hits, he rolls 1d6 per phase to add to his effect of Ego +100 (full effects and Undetectable by target with -12 to the breakout roll). If the target lacks power defense and has a 40 Ego, this will average 40 phases, or about 4 minutes at SPD 2. If the target has mental defense, it will take about 14 minutes at SPD 2. If the target has quadruple hardened mental defenses, he's immune.

That makes about 45 minutes. MM now selects from TP, MC and MI, with a multiple power attack if desired. He takes another half hour or so to roll a 3 and get a lock. After that, another 15 minutes or less places the target at Ego +120 for a combination of effect and penalties to the breakout roll.

No one can detect his attacks due to his IPE. Once he selects a target, it's only a matter of time. If the target has quadruple hardened mental defenses, he'll get someone else to go kill that brainshielded freak. [Or spend some xp adding more Hardened levels).

60 AP...

(Mental Powers Build Cut)

Oh my. I think I love Margarita Man...

However: Killing Attack - Ranged, Increased STUN Multiplier, to 60 Active Points.

1d6, +12 STUN Multiplier: 11-90 Stun.

1d6+1, +8 STUN Multiplier: 14-91 Stun.

2d6, +4 STUN Multiplier: 6-108 Stun.

Best bet is probably the 1d6+1 RKA, +8 Increased STUN Multiplier.

"Look out, it's --"

*KAZOWHAM*

"... oh. Uh, never mind..."

Well not sure if this qualifies

10 point MA package (I Personaly like Legsweep, Block & Martial Throw: Trip)

Then a MP of HA's defined as a variety of kicks (Let's say 5 slots with things like AP, NND, etc...), does not need to be that big

10 Points with Find weekness on Legsweep

some skill levels and DC's add to the final effect, it is amazingly affective

Munchkin Man buys 1d6 of COM Aid with an Extreme Side Effect that always affects the recipient of the benefits of the power only.

That's 12d6 STUN with NO defense applied.

And the Villian looks great knocked out.

How about 1d6 COM Aid, Expendable Focus - the target?

Absorption(going to stun etc)+Damage Reduction+regen is pretty munchkin. It takes an insanely long time to knock someone like that out.

Though, I have to say, my favorite munchkin idea was fully invisible DCV levels ("You've been hitting him as hard as you possibly can, with no discernible effect!").

Actually, Darkness, vs most or all sense groups, with personal immunity fits quite nicely in most AP limits and can have significant impact not considered when considering the character's abilities.

In general, I think we are more likely to overlook a subtle power, generally defensive, than a flashy power that KO's the opponent.

Absorption(going to stun etc)+Damage Reduction+regen is pretty munchkin. It takes an insanely long time to knock someone like that out.

Though, I have to say, my favorite munchkin idea was fully invisible DCV levels ("You've been hitting him as hard as you possibly can, with no discernible effect!").

Wow that's just mean for a GM.

A DEX 23, 60 STR brick with Defensive Strike, Martial Block, Martial Dodge and Martial Grab, and 2 levels hand to hand, can throw 12d6 while maintaining a 9 OCV and 13 DCV(which would make it moderately challenging for pure martial artists to hit them, while enabling them to hit most other bricks, even speedy ones, with little risk of being hit in return).

SPD just a little higher than average, Martial Dodge, and 3 pt CSLs on Martial art: Abort to Dodge to be virtually unhittable and still get as many attacks as average.

Not really munchkinism in my book, but just as effective as it.

There's always Kali or Spiral

Extra Limbs,

3" Stretching, no non-combat stretching

30 STR

2d6 HKA, OAF sword, real weapon

Multiple power attack? 4 x 4d6 HKA, or a Sweep 3 x 4 x 4d6 HKA?

The swarm - 60 APs worth of duplicates, each with teamwork and a 1 pip penetrating (x4) killing attack.

Melee Deflection - A Martial Block Damage Shield. Comes in at about 35 APs when counting the cost penalties in the UMart. Add Persistent Missile Deflection to get your character sheet torn up.

One pip penetrating deals no body. One pip is body 0. The attack deals no damage at all.

I built the planet Earth on 350 points.

I built a character that turns you and everything in a 16" radius into Jello. Instantly.

I built John Jacob Jingleheimer Shmidt, a character so broken that it can't even be printed.

Next year, as the Build and Brawl judge at Origins(Because I was too cheesy to compete anymore) I must build Chairman Kaga himself in 75 percent of the time.

And lest you think that you are my master in the world of rogue cheddar, these three words should have you quaking in your boots.

Ready?

Here they are.

Global

Thermonuclear

Follower

You could probably write up a continuous XDM that "eats" little pieces of reality, shifts it to "dimension where I am absolute Omnibeing with total control over reality, free will, etc."--

and then link it to some kind of adjustment power that siphons off body to expand the mass/radius---

--make the whole thing invisible attack/effects

--NND with extremely rare defense(+4 advantage: doublehardened power defense)

--personal immunity(you travel there voluntarily, and periodically make "adjustments" to your expanding Realm)

basically, in the first few turns, your new Realm is roughly a city block in size, and is completely parallel to the existing reality. After a few minutes, a few square miles. After an hour, the whole city or state. After a day, the whole planet. Maybe after a year, the whole universe has just been shifted/remade into your personal playground.:eg:

And everyone who's immune is SOL, because reality just moved out from under them and left no forwarding address.:D

Extra Limbs - 256 arms

Build an IIF Multipower Ring with attack powers, each with 16 charges.

Now spend 60 points on doubling the ring. You now have 2,048 of them - one for each finger. Now use a Multiple Power Attack and fire off one charge from each ring...

BTW, you also need a Force Field Ring. +1 PD, +1 ED, +1 Pow Def, +1 Flash Def, +1 Mental Def, 0 END, Persistent (10 points)

Spend 50 points to double that and you now have 512 of them, one for each thumb. Once they're all active, you have +512 of each defense.

Of course, this one is pretty easy for any GM to spot...The Mighty Millipede Man is unlikely to be approved.

6d6 Suppress Endurance, Continuous, AoE 1 Hex, 60 AP.

Every phase it fires, it takes an average of 42 END from the target.

When they hit 0 END, it burns Stun for END.

Oh, and you can fire it again on succeeding phases.

Not much good if the target has more than 20 pts. Power Defense.

there is always the One pip body killing, Autofire out to 1280 times with penitrating x10, No range, area of affect, megascale to the size of earth. You could in one shot blow away the entire world. You just have to remember to buy total life support, imortality and 1point of x10 hardened resistanant PD. Seems like a good idea to me.

La Rose

6d6 Suppress Endurance, Continuous, AoE 1 Hex, 60 AP.

Every phase it fires, it takes an average of 42 END from the target.

When they hit 0 END, it burns Stun for END.

Oh, and you can fire it again on succeeding phases.

Not much good if the target has more than 20 pts. Power Defense.

Just one problem - adjustment powers that drop END below zero do not inflict STUN. It just takes longer to recover the END. Still, when the target has no END, his options become rather limited.