Wild Card's Hero

Susano

Re: Wild Card's Hero

Was I the only one that gave powers to the PCs without them choosing? Well mostly. They could give suggestions, but those were only considerations. All the players were pleasantly surprised at what powers they got. I think that is one of the reasons I like the Heroes TV series. It is very Wild Card-esque.

Was I the only one that gave powers to the PCs without them choosing? Well mostly. They could give suggestions' date=' but those were only considerations. All the players were pleasantly surprised at what powers they got. I think that is one of the reasons I like the Heroes TV series. It is very Wild Card-esque.[/quote']

Hhmm... yes, yes it is.

Was I the only one that gave powers to the PCs without them choosing? Well mostly. They could give suggestions' date=' but those were only considerations. All the players were pleasantly surprised at what powers they got. I think that is one of the reasons I like the Heroes TV series. It is very Wild Card-esque.[/quote']

That sounds fun...

Description: Carnifex is of average height, standing 5'10" and weighing about 165 lbs. His face is a little off; the eyes aren't level, his jaw is canted, there is too much nose, and his chin is lacking a bit. His costume consists of a white body suit with a black hood, gloves, and boots. Carnifex's Ace powers include increased strength, speed, and the ability to regenerate from massive amounts of damage. Carnifex is also a master of hand to hand combat; although he hasn't studied any formal martial art, he just knows what move to make when he needs to make it. Thus, Carnifex's martial maneuvers function both as punches and kicks.

I've have to look for the reference, but I recall that Carnifex's regeneration isn't concerned with the aesthetics, hence the mismatched features. Maybe list it as a -0 mod to the Rapid Healing?

I've have to look for the reference' date=' but I recall that Carnifex's regeneration isn't concerned with the aesthetics, hence the mismatched features. Maybe list it as a -0 mod to the Rapid Healing?[/quote']

Hey, what's that interesting word-counting widget that lives in your Sig file?

I'm runnining a "Heroes-eque" PBEM right now called The Awakening where I select the powers the PC receive. So far it's going very well.

I've have to look for the reference' date=' but I recall that Carnifex's regeneration isn't concerned with the aesthetics, hence the mismatched features. Maybe list it as a -0 mod to the Rapid Healing?[/quote']

I remember something to that effect as well. One example being that he deliberately disfigured himself and let it heal wrong to act as a disguise at some point.

Was I the only one that gave powers to the PCs without them choosing? Well mostly. They could give suggestions' date=' but those were only considerations. All the players were pleasantly surprised at what powers they got. [/quote']

I'm developing a setting called "Well of the Worlds" in which the players can suggest power sets for their PCs but don't get to pick them.

Again' date=' it's a shame. We did a pretty good campaign set in the Wild Cards world when only books 1&2 were out, and the early series played a big part in my world design until just the last five or six years.[/quote']I've been thinking about doing a Wild Cards campaign where only the first book is canon - stealing later characters if I feel like it, but not holding to most of the events at all.

It's from last years NaNoWriMo contest. It was supposed to auto-update' date=' but was kinda wonky. At midnight tonight, I'll have to reset it to 0, and start again.[/quote']

Cool... I've certainly considered doing this myself... is the official month February, or am I just making stuff up in my brain parts again?

Cool... I've certainly considered doing this myself... is the official month February' date=' or am I just making stuff up in my brain parts again?[/quote']

The official month is November. Feb or March is NaNoEdMo (the unofficial editing month).

Found a reference for Carnifex's regeneration:

(Wild Cards XI, Dealer's Choice)

The fight with Messer had cut off half of Ray's lower jaw. It had grown back unevenly, giving him a lopsided look that would've been comical if it weren't so damn ugly.

The official month is November. Feb or March is NaNoEdMo (the unofficial editing month).

Found a reference for Carnifex's regeneration:

(Wild Cards XI, Dealer's Choice)

The fight with Messer had cut off half of Ray's lower jaw. It had grown back unevenly, giving him a lopsided look that would've been comical if it weren't so damn ugly.

Hmm.... I do mention this in his write-up, but it might be worth a -0 Limitation. It also sounds like he can regrow lost limbs. I know Demise can, as he started to regrow his head after it was lopped off by someone.

Hmm.... I do mention this in his write-up' date=' but it might be worth a -0 Limitation. It also sounds like he can regrow lost limbs. I know Demise can, as he started to regrow his head after it was lopped off by someone.[/quote']

Yeah, Mackie Messer cuts off Demise's head, and Demise kills him afterwards (in Ace in the Hole). In the aftermath of that whole affair, Tachy goes down to the morgue, where he is shown that Demise's corpse appears to be growing a new head, as well as healing other damage. The doc snips off a piece of errant rib bone, and I've always wondered what happened to that. Presumably it was cremated along with the rest of the body (per Tachy's instructions), but you never know. . .

I'm not sure if Carnifex can regrow limbs, but he does appear to regenerate the fingers he loses in his fight with Messer. Someone calls attention to it in Dealer's Choice.

ELEPHANT GIRL

(Elephant form)

[b]Val	CHA	Cost	Roll	Notes[/b]
65	STR	55	22-	Lift 204.8 tons; 13d6 HTH Damage [6]
15	DEX	15	12-	OCV:  5/DCV:  5
30	CON	40	15-
35	BODY	50	16-
15	INT	5	12-	PER Roll 13-/14-
15	EGO	10	12-	ECV:  5
25	PRE	15	14-	PRE Attack:  5d6
10	COM	0	11-

13/19	PD	0		Total:  13/19 PD (0/6 rPD)
8/12	ED	2		Total:  8/12 ED (0/4 rED)
3	SPD	5		Phases:  4, 8, 12
19	REC	0
60	END	0
83	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  188

Movement:[/b]	Running:	12"/24"
Flight:	20"/40"
Leaping:	0"
Swimming:	2"/4"

[b]Cost	Powers & Skills[/b]
20	[b]Tusks:[/b]  HKA 1 1/2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR); Reduced 
Penetration (-1/4), END 2
15	[b]Thick Hide:[/b]  Armor (6 PD/4 ED)
16	[b]Heavy:[/b]  Knockback Resistance -8"
27	Flight 20"; Restrainable (must flap ears; -1/2), END 4
12	[b]Long Legs:[/b]  Running +6" (12" total), END 1
3	[b]Elephant's Senses:[/b]  +1 PER with All Sense Groups
2	[b]Elephant's Nose:[/b]  +1 PER with Smell/Taste Group
6	[b]Trunk:[/b]  Extra Limbs , Inherent (+1/4)

[b]Skills[/b]
5	+1 with HTH Combat

4	Animal Handler (Elephants) 15-
5	Language:  English (idiomatic; literate)
0	Language:  Hindi (idiomatic; literate)
2	PS: Circus Performer 11-

[b]Total Powers & Skill Cost:  117
Total Cost:  305

150+	Disadvantages[/b]
10	Hunted:  Priests of Ganesh 8- (As Pow, Capture)
10	Physical Limitation:  Enormous (up to 8m long, 4m tall at the shoulder, 
and 6,000 kg weight; -4 DCV, +4 to PER Rolls to perceive) Frequently, 
Slightly Impairing
10	Physical Limitation:  Limited Manipulation Frequently, Slightly 
Impairing
20	Physical Limitation:  Mute (Frequently, Fully Impairing)
0	Physical Limitation:  Reduced Leap, cannot leap Infrequently, Slightly 
Impairing, Already figured in
5	Psychological Limitation:  Vegetarian (Uncommon, Moderate)
100	[b]Experience Points
305	Total Disadvantage Points[/b]

Description: This is Radha's elephant form. She assumes the shape of a full-grown, female, Asian elephant. By flapping her ears, she can fly. This form is far stronger than any real-world elephant, probably a result of her ace.

Campaign Use and Designer’s Notes: Game Masters may want to tone down Radha’s elephant form to bring it more in-line with a real-world elephant. I'd also like to spend a moment to plug Hero Designer and the HD pack for the Hero System Bestiary. I just made a copy of the elephant character file, made a few tweaks, and had a revised character in moments.

(Elephant Girl created by Parris, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

ELEPHANT GIRL

(Radha Valeria O'Reilly - human form)

8	STR	-2	11-	Lift 75.8 kg; 1 1/2d6 HTH Damage [2]
20	DEX	30	13-	OCV:  7/DCV:  7
14	CON	8	12-
12	BODY	4	11-
15	INT	5	12-	PER Roll 12-
13	EGO	6	12-	ECV:  4
13	PRE	3	12-	PRE Attack:  2 1/2d6
18	COM	4	13-

2	PD	0		Total:  2 PD (0 rPD)
2	ED	-1		Total:  2 ED (0 rED)
3	SPD	0		Phases:  4, 8, 12
5	REC	0
28	END	0
23	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  57

Movement:[/b]	Running:	6"/12"
Leaping:	1"/2"

30	[b]Assume Elephant Form:[/b]  Multiform into Elephant (305 Character Points 
in the most expensive form); Side Effects, Side Effect occurs 
automatically whenever Power is used (Side Effect always occurs 
whenever the character does some specific act, Side Effect only affects 
the environment near the character; Switching to elephant form drains 
power from electrical devices, batteries, and so on (roughly a 3d6 END 
Drain, Area of EffectL:  Radius. Returning to human form causes an 
8d6 Flash versus Sight Group, Explosion.; -1)

[b]Perks[/b]
10	Money:  Wealthy

[b]Skills[/b]
3	Acrobatics 13-
8	Animal Handler (Elephants) 15-
5	Language:  English (idiomatic; literate)
0	Language:  Hindi (idiomatic; literate)
3	PS: Circus Performer 13-
5	SS:  Veterinarian 14-
1	TF:  Huge Beasts

[b]Total Powers & Skill Cost:  65
Total Cost:  122

50+	Disadvantages[/b]
0	Normal Characteristic Maxima No Age Restriction
15	Hunted:  Priests of Ganesh 8- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is 
otherwise very easy to find, Capture)
10	Psychological Limitation:  Vegetarian (Common, Moderate)
47	[b]Experience Points
122	Total Disadvantage Points[/b]

Description: Elephant Girl (better known as Radha Valeria O'Reilly) is an Indian/Irish woman, who stands 5'2" and weighs 105 lbs. She has a trim muscular figure, and posses the ability to shape-shift into a full-grown Asian elephant. Currently, Radha uses this power as part of a circus act, working with a troupe of "normal" elephants. Due to her origins, she is hunted by priests of the Elephant god Ganesh, who wish for her to return with them to India. Having escaped from their clutches when she was 17, Radha has no desire to return.

When assuming elephant form, Radha converts energy to matter, sucking up loose papers, dust, debris, and all the available electricity in the local area (up to several blocks away). Electricity will arc from outlets to her as she assumes her elephant form. When returning to human form, her excess mass is dissipated in the form of light energy, causing a brilliant flash. Game Masters may want to forego some of the normal restrictions of a Side Effect and allow characters with Power Defense and Flash Defense to resist these effects.

Campaign Use and Designer’s Notes: Radha is a pretty basic character, and only totals around 92 points if you take her Multiform away. You could bring her up in power level by adding to her STR, PD, ED, and possibly giving her some HTH skills (there are several Indian martial arts you could adopt.) Or, you could leave her as is and simply have her look like a damsel in distress until she gets the chance to assume her elephant form.

(Elephant Girl created by Parris, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

SEWER JACK

(Alligator form)

23	STR	13	14-	Lift 606.3 kg; 4 1/2d6 HTH Damage [2]
15	DEX	15	12-	OCV:  5/DCV:  5
20	CON	20	13-
16	BODY	12	12-
8	INT	-2	11-	PER Roll 13-/14-
5	EGO	-10	10-	ECV:  2
20	PRE	10	13-	PRE Attack:  4d6
10	COM	0	11-

13	PD	4		Total:  13 PD (4 rPD)
10	ED	4		Total:  10 ED (2 rED)
4	SPD	15		Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
12	REC	6
40	END	0
38	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  87

Movement[/b]:	Running:	3"/6"
Swimming:	6"/12"

12	[b]Bite:[/b]  HKA 1d6 (2d6 w/STR); Reduced Penetration (-1/4), END 1
5	[b]Tail Bash:[/b]  HA +2d6; Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Only With Extra 
Limb (-1/2), END 1
9	[b]Scaly Skin:[/b]  Armor (4 PD/2 ED)
4	[b]Heavy:[/b]  Knockback Resistance -2"
4	[b]Strong Swimmer[/b]:  Swimming +4" (6" total), END 1
-6	[b]Short Legs:[/b]  Running -3"
1	[b]Lunge:[/b]  Leaping 1"; Only To Lunge At Things Near The 
Water (-1), END 1
1	[b]Burst Of Speed:[/b]  Running 3"; Increased Endurance Cost 
(8x END; -3 1/2), END 8
6	[b]Alligator Senses:[/b]  +2 PER with All Sense Groups
2	[b]Alligator Senses:[/b]  +1 PER with Hearing Group
5	[b]Alligator Eyes:[/b]  Nightvision
6	[b]Tail:[/b]  Extra Limbs , Inherent (+1/4)

[b]Talents[/b]
3	Environmental Movement (Aquatic Movement (no penalties in water))

[b]Skills[/b]
10	+2 with HTH Combat
2	+1 with Grab

6	Concealment 14-; Self Only (-1/2)
3	Stealth 12-

[b]Total Powers & Skill Cost:  73
Total Cost:  160

75+	Disadvantages[/b]
15	Physical Limitation:  Animal Intelligence Frequently, Greatly Impairing
15	Physical Limitation:  Cold Blooded Frequently, Greatly Impairing
5	Physical Limitation:  Large (4m; -2 DCV, +2 to PER Rolls to perceive) 
(Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)
5	Physical Limitation:  Reduced Leap, can only leap 1" Infrequently, 
Slightly Impairing
15	Physical Limitation:  Very Limited Manipulation Frequently, Greatly 
Impairing
15	Psychological Limitation:  Bad Tempered (Common, Strong)
10	Psychological Limitation:  Constantly Hungry (Common, Moderate)
5	[b]Experience Points
160	Total Disadvantage Points[/b]

Description: This is Sewer Jack's were-alligator form. Larger and stronger than most 'normal' alligators, Jack is approximately 12 to 14 feet long in this form. He has powerful jaws, and is quite capable of biting off a target's arm or foot if needed. When in this form, Jack's human consciousness become secondary to the more primal urges of his alligator form.

Campaign Use and Designer’s Notes: Unlike Elephant Girl, Jack’s Alligator form is pretty much on par with a normal alligator. He might be a little tougher, but that’s all. You might want to make the ‘gator “Near-Human Intelligence,” if only to make it react slightly more rationally to situations. As with Elephant Girl’s elephant, this character sheet was developed via the Hero System Bestiary Hero Designer character pack.

(Sewer Jack created by Edward Bryant, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TURTLE

(Thomas Tudbury)

9	STR	-1	11-	Lift 87.1 kg; 1 1/2d6 HTH Damage [1]
11	DEX	3	11-	OCV:  4/DCV:  4
11	CON	2	11-
10	BODY	0	11-
18	INT	8	13-	PER Roll 13-
10	PRE	0	11-	PRE Attack:  2d6
10	COM	0	11-

2	ED	0		Total:  2 ED (0 rED)
3	SPD	9		Phases:  4, 8, 12
4	REC	0
22	END	0
21	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  31

352	T[b]elekinesis:[/b]  Telekinesis (100 STR), Affects Porous, Invisible to Sight 
Group (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (2" 
radius; +3/4); OIHID (i.e. inside the Turtle's Shell; -1/4)

[b]Perks[/b]
56	Turtle Shell:  Vehicle

[b]Skills[/b]
8	+4 with Telekinesis

6	CK: New York City 16-
5	Electronics 14-
6	KS: Comic Books 16-
4	KS: Electronics 14-
0	Language:  English (idiomatic; literate)
19	Power:  Telekinesis 21-
3	PS: Electrician 13-
4	Systems Operation (Communications Systems) 14-
5	Trading 12-

[b]Total Powers & Skill Cost:  478
Total Cost:  509

200+	Disadvantages[/b]
20	Normal Characteristic Maxima
10	Physical Limitation:  Bad Eyes, Needs Glasses (Frequently, Slightly 
Impairing)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Protective Of Innocents, Feels It Is His Duty 
To Aid Those In Trouble  (Common, Strong)
10	Psychological Limitation:  Shy, Tends To Keep To Himself (Common, 
Moderate)
15	Social Limitation:  Secret ID (Frequently, Major)
239	[b]Experience Points
509	Total Disadvantage Points
[/b]

Description: The Turtle is the most powerful telekinetic in the world. As Thomas Tudbury, the Turtle stands 5'9" and weighs about 170 lbs, with collar length dark brown hair. Within his "shell" however, the Turtle become a true "superhero," righting wrongs, saving those in distress and doing his best to combat crime. Although he's become a bit cynical over the years, the Turtle still keeps at it, doing his best to keep the streets of New York safe for everyone.

Some people may want to give the Turtle some form of Variable Area of Affect advantage to the Turtle's TK (The current version can affect a central hex and all six hexes surrounding it). He can use his TK much like a giant pair of hands, pushing people about, picking up masses of water and so on. The 100 STR value was achieved due to the fact the Turtle lifted the battleship New Jersey out of the water for 30 seconds one day.

Turtle's Hero ID disadvantage requires him to be inside of his Shell to use his powers. He can over come this psychological crutch outside of his Shell, but the Turtle is limited to about 10 STR and a x10 END cost.

Campaign Use and Designer’s Notes: Other suggestions for Turtle’s TK include giving him a suite of Telekinesis “tricks,” centered around various forms of Area of Effect and the like. You many also want to give Turtle somewhat better stats -- such as a higher DEX (or Lightning Reflexes), a little more EGO, and a higher PRE (or PRE bought only for defense). Of course, outside of his Shell, Turtle is pretty much perfectly normal, so you might want to leave things as is.

(The Great and Powerful Turtle created by George R R Martin, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TURTLE'S SHELL

[b]Val	CHA	Cost	Notes[/b]
5	Size	25	3.17" x 1.59"; KB -5; -3
35	STR	0	Lift 3,200 kg; 7d6 HTH Damage
11	DEX	3	OCV:  4/DCV:  1
15	BODY	0
20	DEF	54
3	SPD	9	Phases:  4, 8, 12
		T[b]otal Characteristic Cost:  91

Movement[/b]:	Ground	0"/0"
Flight	30"/60"
Swimming	0"/0"

[b]Abilities and Equipment[/b]
180	Flight 30", Full Reverse (+¼), Sideways Maneuverability half velocity (+¼), No Gravity Penalty (+½), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1)
-12	[b]Only Flies:[/b]  Ground Movement -6"
-2	[b]Only Flies:[/b]  Swimming -2"
5	[b]External Cameras:[/b]  Increased Arc Of Perception (360-Degree) with Sight Group; OIF Bulky (-1)
2	[b]Infrared Filters For Cameras:[/b]  Infrared Perception (Sight Group) (Sight Group); OIF Bulky (-1)
5	[b]Communications Suite:[/b]  High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group); OIF Bulky (-1), Sense Affected As Sight and Hearing Group As Well As Radio Group (-½)
7	[b]360-Degree Radar:[/b]  Radar (Radio Group), Increased Arc of Perception; OAF Bulky (-1 ½), Sense Affected As Sight Group As Well As Radio Group (-½)
5	[b]Public Address System:[/b]  Hearing Group Images 1" radius, +3 to PER Roll, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½); OAF Bulky (-1 ½), Set Effect (-1), No Range (-½)
14	[b]Spot Light:[/b]  Sight Group Images Increases Size (4" radius; +½), +5 to PER Roll, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½); OAF Bulky (-1 ½), Only To Create Light (-1)

[b]Total Abilities & Equipment Cost:  204
Total Vehicle Cost:  295

Value Disadvantages[/b]
15	Distinctive Features:  The Great and Powerful Turtle's Shell, a one-of-a-kind vehicle (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

[b]Total Disadvantage Points:  15
Total Cost:  280/5 = 56[/b]

Description: This is Turtle's shell. It's made from old battleship armor plate, layered over (at least the first time around) the body of a Volkswagen Beetle. Later models have included a reclining chair, refrigerator, external spotlights, a loudspeaker system, and an on board computer.

Campaign Use and Designer’s Notes: This version of the Shell has a lot of the optional systems installed. Adding an on-board computer would be an obvious choice, complete with maps of the local area and files on well-known aces (and jokers). Even more modern add-ons include a wireless modem and a GPS.

CHICKENHAWK

(Gus Wenninger)

5	STR	-5	10-	Lift 50 kg; 1d6 HTH Damage [1]
14	DEX	12	12-	OCV:  5/DCV:  5
10	CON	0	11-
9	BODY	-2	11-
8	INT	-2	11-	PER Roll 14-
10	EGO	0	11-	ECV:  3
8	PRE	-2	11-	PRE Attack:  1 1/2d6
2	COM	-4	9-

2	PD	1		Total:  2 PD (0 rPD)
3	SPD	6		Phases:  4, 8, 12
4	REC	2
20	END	0
17	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  6

Movement:[/b]	Running:	1"/2"
Gliding:	8"/16"

5	[b]Wings:[/b]  Gliding 8"; Restrainable (-1/2)
-10	[b]Virtual Cripple When On The Ground:[/b]  Running -5"
9	[b]Sharp Senses:[/b]  +3 PER with all Sense Groups
2	+4 versus Range Modifier for Normal Sight
6	[b]Prehensile Feet:[/b]  Extra Limbs  (2), Inherent (+1/4)

[b]Perks[/b]
15	Contact:  Shadowfist Society (Contact has very useful Skills or 
resources), Organization Contact (x3) 12-

[b]Skills[/b]
4	+2 with Grab
4	+2 with Gliding

6	CK: New York City 15-
5	Climbing 13-
1	KS: Shadow Fist Society 8-
3	Streetwise 11-
8	Survival (Urban) 14-

[b]Total Powers & Skill Cost:  58
Total Cost:  64

25+	Disadvantages[/b]
10	Money:  Destitute
0	Normal Characteristic Maxima
15	Physical Limitation:  Bird-like Physiology (1/2 DCV on the ground, +2" 
to KB) (Infrequently, Fully Impairing)
10	Psychological Limitation:  Likes His Food Raw And Alive (Common, 
Moderate)
15	Social Limitation:  Joker (Very Frequently, Minor)
[b]75	Total Disadvantage Points[/b]

Description: Chickenhawk is short, standing only about 5'3", and very light, weighing about 60 lbs. He has wings that are formed from flaps of skin between his finger bones. These flaps are anchored at his wrists and ankles. He also has a long, barbed tail, dirty clumps of feathers scattered over his body, and wattles under his chin. Chickenhawk's main ability is to glide on air currents. He also has very acute vision and can use his feet in place of his weak hands.

Campaign Use and Designer’s Notes: For non-Wild Cards games you could use Chickenhawk as a mutant, especially if your campaign features something akin to Marvel’s Morlocks. If you want to be nice, you can up Chickenhawk’s Gliding to full Flight.

(Chickenhawk created by George R. R. Martin, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

CHRYSALIS

(Debra Jo Jory)

8	STR	-2	11-	Lift 75.8 kg; 1 1/2d6 HTH Damage [2]
13	DEX	9	12-	OCV:  4/DCV:  4
10	CON	0	11-
11	BODY	2	11-
20	INT	10	13-	PER Roll 13-
18	EGO	16	13-	ECV:  6
15	PRE	5	12-	PRE Attack:  3d6
14	COM	2	12-

2	SPD	0		Phases:  6, 12
5	REC	2
20	END	0
20	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  44

5	[b]Reading Body Language:[/b]  Detect Lies 13- (Sight Group)

[b]Perks[/b]
3	Well-Connected
Notes:  Unspecified contacts in and around Jokertown.

[b]Skills[/b]
7	Bribery 14-
4	CK: Jokertown 14-
4	CK: New York City 14-
5	Conversation 13-
7	High Society 14-
3	Interrogation 12-
4	KS: History Of England 14-
4	KS: The Rumor Mill 14-
4	KS: Who's Doing What to Whom 14-
1	Language:  French (basic conversation)
4	PS: Accounting 14-
2	PS: Manager/Owner of the Crystal Palace 11-
15	Streetwise 18-
5	Trading 13-

[b]Total Powers & Skill Cost:  87
Total Cost:  131

50+	Disadvantages[/b]
15	Distinctive Features:  Woman With Transparent Skin, Flesh, And No 
Hair (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; 
Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some
Cultures (Jokertown))
0	Normal Characteristic Maxima
15	Psychological Limitation:  Honest In All Her Dealings, Her Word Is Her 
Bond (Common, Strong)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Overconfident (Common, Strong)
15	Social Limitation:  Joker (Very Frequently, Minor)
15	Social Limitation:  Secret ID (Her Entire Past [she's Very Secretive]) 
(Frequently, Major)
6	[b]Experience Points
131	Total Disadvantage Points[/b]

Designers Notes: Chrysalis is the current owner/operator of the Crystal Palace, one of Jokertown's most well known nightclubs. Chrysalis is 5'5" tall and weighs 115 lbs. She has blue eyes, almost totally transparent skin and muscle tissue, and no hair. She usually wears minimal amounts of clothing to emphasize this fact. Chrysalis' primary occupation is the selling of information. She seems to know everything happening in New York, and will buy and sell anything anyone wants to know... for a price. She is one of the major players in Jokertown, although most of her work is done behind the scenes. Chrysalis was killed at the end of Wild Cards Book VI.

Campaign Use and Designer’s Notes: Chrysalis is one of those characters I’m not sure you could import into another campaign all that easily. However, if you remove her Distinctive Features she becomes an excellent Contact for Dark Champions and Pulp Hero characters.

(Chrysalis created by John J Miller, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

CYCLONE

(Vernon Henry Carlysle)

13	STR	3	12-	Lift 151.6 kg; 2 1/2d6 HTH Damage [1]
17	DEX	21	12-	OCV:  6/DCV:  6
18	CON	16	13-
12	BODY	4	11-
15	INT	5	12-	PER Roll 12-
13	EGO	6	12-	ECV:  4
18	PRE	8	13-	PRE Attack:  3 1/2d6
18	COM	4	13-

6/32	PD	3		Total:  6/32 PD (0/26 rPD)
5/31	ED	1		Total:  5/31 ED (0/26 rED)
4	SPD	13		Phases:  3, 6, 9, 12
7	REC	0
46	END	5
30	STUN	2		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  91

Flight:	24"/48"
Leaping:	2"/4"

30	[b]Wind Manipulation:[/b]  Elemental Control, 60-point powers
30	1)  [b]Wind Jet:[/b]  EB 12d6	6
40	2)  [b]Wind Blast:[/b]  EB 8d6, Double Knockback (+3/4)	7
20	3)  [b]Strong Winds:[/b]  Telekinesis (35 STR), Reduced Endurance 
(1/2 END; +1/4); Half Power If Used Indoors (-1/2), Affects Whole 
Object (-1/4), END 2
22	4)  [b]Wind Wall:[/b]  FF (20 PD/20 ED), Reduced Endurance 
(1/2 END; +1/4); Half Power If Used Indoors (-1/2) plus 
+2 with DCV, END 2
20	5)  [b]Wind Riding:[/b]  Flight 24", Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4); 
Half Power If Used Indoors (-1/2)	2

9	[b]Kevlar Body Armor:[/b]  Armor (6 PD/6 ED); Activation Roll 14- (-1/2), 
OIF (-1/2)
3	[b]Helmet Goggles:[/b]  IR Perception (Sight Group); OIF (-1/2)
7	[b]Helmet Radio:[/b]  Radio Perception/Transmission (Radio Group); 
OIF (-1/2)

[b]Skills[/b]
12	+4 with Wind Manipulation

3	Bureaucratics 13-
7	High Society 15-
3	KS: Golf 12-
3	PS: Golfing 12-
1	TF:  Parachuting, Basic
5	Trading 14-
1	WF:  Shotguns

[b]Total Powers & Skill Cost:  216
Total Cost:  307

200+	Disadvantages[/b]
15	Psychological Limitation:  Egotistical (Common, Strong)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Glory Hound, Likes To Be In The Media Eye 
(Common, Strong)
15	Social Limitation:  Public Identity (Frequently, Major)
42	[b]Experience Points
307	Total Disadvantage Points[/b]

Description: Cyclone is moderately tall and muscular, standing 5'11" and weighing 170 lbs. A well known ace from the West Coast, he possess the ability to create and control winds. Thus, he can fly, generate powerful wind gusts, pick up objects, are create a defensive shield. He has a daughter, Mistral, with virtually the same powers as himself.

Campaign Use and Designer’s Notes: Cyclone needs about 43 points to bring him up to 350 points. I recommend more DEX and CON for starters. As for Mistral, she should have the same Elemental Control and costume, but characteristics more in line for a fairly normal young woman (although you can keep the 18 COM). Interestingly, while the wild card does re-write one’s DNA, the specific powers it grants aren’t inheritable. So just because Cyclone can control winds, his daughter shouldn’t. The theory is he subconsciously manipulated Mistral’s DNA while she was still in the womb.

(Cyclone created by Steve Perrin, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TURTLE

(Thomas Tudbury)

9	STR	-1	11-	Lift 87.1 kg; 1 1/2d6 HTH Damage [1]
11	DEX	3	11-	OCV:  4/DCV:  4
11	CON	2	11-
10	BODY	0	11-
18	INT	8	13-	PER Roll 13-
10	PRE	0	11-	PRE Attack:  2d6
10	COM	0	11-

3	SPD	9		Phases:  4, 8, 12
4	REC	0
22	END	0
21	STUN	0		[b]Total Characteristic Cost:  31

352	T[b]elekinesis:[/b]  Telekinesis (100 STR), Affects Porous, Invisible to Sight 
Group (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect (2" 
radius; +3/4); OIHID (i.e. inside the Turtle's Shell; -1/4)

[b]Perks[/b]
56	Turtle Shell:  Vehicle

[b]Skills[/b]
8	+4 with Telekinesis

6	CK: New York City 16-
5	Electronics 14-
6	KS: Comic Books 16-
4	KS: Electronics 14-
19	Power:  Telekinesis 21-
3	PS: Electrician 13-
4	Systems Operation (Communications Systems) 14-
5	Trading 12-

[b]Total Powers & Skill Cost:  478
Total Cost:  509

200+	Disadvantages[/b]
10	Physical Limitation:  Bad Eyes, Needs Glasses (Frequently, Slightly 
Impairing)
15	Psychological Limitation:  Protective Of Innocents, Feels It Is His Duty 
To Aid Those In Trouble  (Common, Strong)
10	Psychological Limitation:  Shy, Tends To Keep To Himself (Common, 
Moderate)
15	Social Limitation:  Secret ID (Frequently, Major)
239	[b]Experience Points
509	Total Disadvantage Points
[/b]

Description: The Turtle is the most powerful telekinetic in the world. As Thomas Tudbury, the Turtle stands 5'9" and weighs about 170 lbs, with collar length dark brown hair. Within his "shell" however, the Turtle become a true "superhero," righting wrongs, saving those in distress and doing his best to combat crime. Although he's become a bit cynical over the years, the Turtle still keeps at it, doing his best to keep the streets of New York safe for everyone.

Some people may want to give the Turtle some form of Variable Area of Affect advantage to the Turtle's TK (The current version can affect a central hex and all six hexes surrounding it). He can use his TK much like a giant pair of hands, pushing people about, picking up masses of water and so on. The 100 STR value was achieved due to the fact the Turtle lifted the battleship New Jersey out of the water for 30 seconds one day.

Turtle's Hero ID disadvantage requires him to be inside of his Shell to use his powers. He can over come this psychological crutch outside of his Shell, but the Turtle is limited to about 10 STR and a x10 END cost.

Campaign Use and Designer’s Notes: Other suggestions for Turtle’s TK include giving him a suite of Telekinesis “tricks,” centered around various forms of Area of Effect and the like. You many also want to give Turtle somewhat better stats -- such as a higher DEX (or Lightning Reflexes), a little more EGO, and a higher PRE (or PRE bought only for defense). Of course, outside of his Shell, Turtle is pretty much perfectly normal, so you might want to leave things as is.

(The Great and Powerful Turtle created by George R R Martin, character sheet created by Michael Surbrook)

If I remember correctly he could still do TK outside the shell but it was massively reduced to like 5 STR or something.

If I remember correctly he could still do TK outside the shell but it was massively reduced to like 5 STR or something.

Ahem....

:D

Susano,

Are you going to be making/posting Jack "Golden Boy" Braun? He was always one of my favorites and I'd be interested in seeing how you build his force field since hero system doesn't have a true invulnerability power.