Wild Card's Hero

Susano

Re: Wild Card's Hero

You forgot Rep: Hung like a Horse (disadvange or perk, I leave to the reader).

:D

More seriously, should have have Extra Limbs because he has four legs?

Hmm... good point, he does have a total of 6. I'll add it in.

Hmm... good point' date=' he does have a total of 6. I'll add it in.[/quote']

Cool, hope it helped. I really admire you for doing all this. I have characters I've been meaning to do sheets for for a couple of years now and I've never gotten around to it.

Thoughts - Dr Finn doesn't have distinctive features?

I would have thought that Harlem Hammer would have 1 level of DI, Always On, etc. I'd probably give him a bit more knockback resistance.

Golden Boy should probably have a couple points in knockback resistance as well. Not much, since he can still go flying, but enough to generally keep him on his feet. (Or, alternatively, about 3" less than what HH has).

Looks good though. Rename a few, and they drop into Champs very nicely.

I'm sure I'm remembering this wrong' date=' but wasn't Golden Boys golden glow always on, and prevented him from eating and such, or was that just the very beginning of when the power manifested?[/quote']

Nope. It comes on automatically, but he never mentions a problem with it interfering with anything. (The field apparently judges intent as well - he can shake hands or interact normally with women, but try shooting him in the back, and it snaps on before the bullet can hit him.)

Thoughts - Dr Finn doesn't have distinctive features?

I would have thought that Harlem Hammer would have 1 level of DI, Always On, etc. I'd probably give him a bit more knockback resistance.

Golden Boy should probably have a couple points in knockback resistance as well. Not much, since he can still go flying, but enough to generally keep him on his feet. (Or, alternatively, about 3" less than what HH has).

Looks good though. Rename a few, and they drop into Champs very nicely.

Per the CU, very few jokers and the like have DF.

Hammer doesn't have one level of DI as the 'proper' way to build always heavy characters is via powers and the like.

GB doesn't have KB resistance as he could be knocked off his feet by a car. However, he can use his 54 STR to dig in and resist it that way.

Nope. It comes on automatically' date=' but he never mentions a problem with it interfering with anything. (The field apparently judges intent as well - he can shake hands or interact normally with women, but try shooting him in the back, and it snaps on before the bullet can hit him.)[/quote']

Whew... what is that? Some sort of Trigger?

Just a personal preference: For Fortunato, I'd give him an END reserve, then put the limitations on the END Reserve's Recovery rather than on the reserve itself. The reserve can be freely used when charged; it's the recovery that takes extra effort. You can even visually see when his reserve is full or empty by how much his head is bulging.

It's part of the "limited class of powers" limitation on his VPP that powers drawing on personal END and used when the reserve is empty have increased END cost, making him almost helpless when not charged.

Easiest way is to just give him Armor' date=' hardened, possibly with the "visible" limitation. It may have the SFX of "Force Field", but it has none of the mechanical disadvantages of the power "Force Field".[/quote']

:doi:Doh!:doi:

I'll change the power to 20/20 Armor; Visible.

Just a personal preference: For Fortunato, I'd give him an END reserve, then put the limitations on the END Reserve's Recovery rather than on the reserve itself. The reserve can be freely used when charged; it's the recovery that takes extra effort. You can even visually see when his reserve is full or empty by how much his head is bulging.

It's part of the "limited class of powers" limitation on his VPP that powers drawing on personal END and used when the reserve is empty have increased END cost, making him almost helpless when not charged.

I'll make the changes and add the notes.

Per the CU' date=' very few jokers and the like have DF.[/quote']

I'd say that he is no less distinctive than Father Squid. Perhaps remove Distinctive Features on all jokers?

Hammer doesn't have one level of DI as the 'proper' way to build always heavy characters is via powers and the like.

Doh. I had skimmed over that part in Ultimate Metamorph in the last week, too.

GB doesn't have KB resistance as he could be knocked off his feet by a car. However, he can use his 54 STR to dig in and resist it that way.

Fair enough. I was thinking that he should only have about 2-3", with HH having something like 6" of KB resistance.

I'd say that he is no less distinctive than Father Squid. Perhaps remove Distinctive Features on all jokers?

I'll apply it to things like speech patterns or Father Squid's distinctive smell. he can't hide that, and it would make it hard for him to sneak around.

Fair enough. I was thinking that he should only have about 2-3", with HH having something like 6" of KB resistance.

Hammer doesn't weight enough. He "only" weighs around 475. That's only 1 or 2" of KB Resistance.

Yah, Golden Boys force field is strange. It is off unless something is about to (possibly) hurt him. I remember one point where he is having a drink and gets angry. He crushes the glass in his hand and his force field flashes weakly for a second, protecting him from the broken glass.

If it was a trigger, it would be uncontrolled mixed with always on, because it does prevent him from unseen/surprise attacks, yet I seem to recall it turning on when he got angry (standing on the battlefield, glowing, even when no one is directly attacking him).

Also, I think a lot has been made of him "not being able to survive falls" because when he was thrown off the balcony in the hotel and was saved by the gravity guy (I can't remember his name right now) but that is never proven. In fact we know that the force field does work when he falls, but just that he had never fallen from that high before. I might give his force field a limitation against velocity damage, maybe working at 1/2 strength or something like that. For all we (or anyone else knows) he might walk away fine from such a fall.

Just a couple of quick comments..

Sewer Jack Robicheaux, rather than Robinson.

Capt. Angela Ellis created by Chris Claremont.

(A pause while I grab my GURPS Wild Cards book to see if I'm right...)

Right about Robicheaux. GWC doesn't list who created what character, at least in their descriptions. Off to Google...

Ugh. There is literally no information on the web anywhere as to who created Angela Ellis. She's not in the wildcardsonline page. And now I find myself doubting whether it was Claremont, as she's in the GURPS Wild Cards book, but the first WC book Claremont was published in came out afterward.

Anyway: Rep to you, Mike.

Edit: You must spread rep around before.... DAMN.

Just a couple of quick comments..

Sewer Jack Robicheaux, rather than Robinson.

Capt. Angela Ellis created by Chris Claremont.

(A pause while I grab my GURPS Wild Cards book to see if I'm right...)

Right about Robicheaux. GWC doesn't list who created what character, at least in their descriptions. Off to Google...

Ugh. There is literally no information on the web anywhere as to who created Angela Ellis. She's not in the wildcardsonline page. And now I find myself doubting whether it was Claremont, as she's in the GURPS Wild Cards book, but the first WC book Claremont was published in came out afterward.

Anyway: Rep to you, Mike.

Edit: You must spread rep around before.... DAMN.

I'll make the fix. And yes, I have no idea who created Ellis either.

I'd also reduce the Extra Time to 5 minutes. He's "done it" in a hurry before, when he needed to get powered up.

Easiest way is to just give him Armor' date=' hardened, possibly with the "visible" limitation. It may have the SFX of "Force Field", but it has none of the mechanical disadvantages of the power "Force Field".[/quote']

True. And although there is reference in the books to it "fading", I don't know that the field every actually goes away. (IIRC, GB says that after a few hours of the military testing his powers, bullets began to actually hurt, though I read that as painful, but not doing actual damage)

Per the CU, very few jokers and the like have DF.

Speaking from personal preference, I've never agreed with how stingy Steve Long likes to be with DF in the Champions U, especially character running around with DF: Mutant. It seems to me being a centaur, unless there are a pretty big number of Jokers with a similar mutation would be pretty distinctive (which could be true, I'm not that familiar with Wildcards Universe). But I usually consider almost anything that would make you standout in a line up or create some issue strictly based on your appearance or observable difference a distinctive feature.

Speaking from personal preference' date=' I've never agreed with how stingy Steve Long likes to be with DF in the Champions U, especially character running around with DF: Mutant. It seems to me being a centaur, unless there are a pretty big number of Jokers with a similar mutation would be pretty distinctive (which could be true, I'm not that familiar with Wildcards Universe). But I usually consider almost anything that would make you standout in a line up or create some issue strictly based on your appearance or observable difference a distinctive feature.[/quote']

There is that. DF: Mutant sort of makes sense, because you can show up on mutant scanner. Since I'm trying to be "vanilla" Hero System with this, I'll let you, the reader, make the choice.